New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A big change in 3 months.
9KApdCE.gif

All I know is I was lucky enough to have been a local kid brought up with Spurs, despite not coming from a football family, my parents fucking hated football, all my mates were Spurs. It was like a big family, I often went to The Lane with more than 10 of us. Going into my local Cafe, butchers etc all the shop keepers were Spurs and every time we'd go in Shop keeper would talk Spurs and shout "up the Spurs" instead of good bye. One of my most memorable days was in my profile pic, I'm in that pic chucking ticker tape, I can name more than 10 people in that photo who I went with, Uncle Alan the cafe owner who stunk of onions is there (fat geezer, white shirt and big smile on his face, behind the camp looking chap in the front)! Good times.

Just hope the new kids get to feel that same feeling. Just hope the tickets promised to locals end up in the hands of local kids.
Are you the young kid between the copper and Don McAllister? Man, I wish I had a pic of myself at a Spurs game from that era. That would be unreal. It would be framed and on a wall.

Are you the young kid between the copper and Don McAllister? Man, I wish I had a pic of myself at a Spurs game from that era. That would be unreal. It would be framed and on a wall.
Yep! I’m the kid behind the barrier in the Spurs top. The smaller kid is my mate from school, the only Chelsea supporter at the school, that was to do with his grandad and his whole family who were all Chelsea ST holders. In fact most of that row is actually Chelsea supporters, they all bought tickets just to watch our Argies!!! All the Spurs lot are in front, we headed down to WHL in a mass convoy of cars with scarfs flying out the windows.

Allways played and liked football but totally fell in love with the game that summer watching the World Cup, then as we all know what happened! In dreamland!!!

Yep! I’m the kid behind the barrier in the Spurs top. The smaller kid is my mate from school, the only Chelsea supporter at the school, that was to do with his grandad and his whole family who were all Chelsea ST holders. In fact most of that row is actually Chelsea supporters, they all bought tickets just to watch our Argies!!! All the Spurs lot are in front, we headed down to WHL in a mass convoy of cars with scarfs flying out the windows.

Allways played and liked football but totally fell in love with the game that summer watching the World Cup, then as we all know what happened! In dreamland!!!
So you're just to the left of the copper's helmet in that pic? I can just about make out the spurs shirt.
But your face is obscured by something. For shame!

I don't know why anyone thinks it is not on schedule. It's true that there will still be stuff to do once the stadium is open, but nobody has given any indication the work has gone behind. The building company would encompass a huge fine if it isn't ready in time, so they will no doubt throw everything at it to ensure the project is completed. They are working around the clock, and have hundreds of men out there. I think you will find that stadium will LOOK pretty much finished well in advance, even though behind the scenes it won't be.

I don't know why anyone thinks it is not on schedule. It's true that there will still be stuff to do once the stadium is open, but nobody has given any indication the work has gone behind. The building company would encompass a huge fine if it isn't ready in time, so they will no doubt throw everything at it to ensure the project is completed. They are working around the clock, and have hundreds of men out there. I think you will find that stadium will LOOK pretty much finished well in advance, even though behind the scenes it won't be.

Agree.

Think there are still a million things that can still go wrong though, only takes one supplier to go out of business or a bad winter that can throw things off line.

For me the biggest indicator of missing the deadline is if we see the number of men on site reduce, along with the hours they work. Currently it's all systems go, thousand on site in all areas and lots of night shifts too, all this is very expensive on OT, but still cheaper than having construction go into another year and all the knock-on effects like revenue from naming rights and other partners likely to jump on board in a pretty new stadium. The over-time will disappear and workforce probably will be halved if we miss that deadline, meaning those still on site will be working hard and maximised but now with a further year deadline.

Back
Top Bottom