New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just looking at poch in the new ground, I thought the concrete deck would have been pre-drilled for the seats, but does not look like they are pre-drilled, so fitting the rows of seating will take a long time

just looking at poch in the new ground, I thought the concrete deck would have been pre-drilled for the seats, but does not look like they are pre-drilled, so fitting the rows of seating will take a long time
A lot of the terraces already have had the bolts installed for the seating, only the more recently installed parts don't have them yet.

If you look back on the time lapse cameras, on cam two if you go back to late June/early July you can see the seat brackets for the North stand were installed back then, whilst demolition of the old WHL was taking place

just getting worried about the start date being pushed back, so pickup on anything that suggests it could be a later opening of the stadium

Not really. If we are late by a day, we ask the league to play our first game away. If we are late by a month, we ask for the first four to be away. I’ve a feeling any longer than a month, we’d be in for another season at Wembley, but up to that, we’d get away with.

Liverpool did it when their new stand wasn’t ready. West Ham do it if they have a Tweenies concert or the Junior Shot Putt Championships on.

We will have already factored in moving games

It's a little confusing to me how absolutely anybody could look at those pictures and think we're way behind. We have about 10 months before the start of next season.

Here's what the stadium looked like 10 months ago:
zH1EzdV.jpg

And now, from a similar angle:
DbFGMQj.jpg

EVERY building project in the UK is late and over budget.

Maybe we will have to play a few matches away at the start but it is also possible certain areas not finished could be left unopened. Surely it is better to play say in a part finished stadium for a month rather than another full season at Wembley. After all we have played with only 3 sides of the old WHL whilst new stands went up.

Does anyone have a rough idea about how much the increase would be if/ when safe standing is brought in? If it gets up for 65000 that would be class and a job perfectly done!
Well, I know the Yellow wall at Dortmund's capacity with safe standing is about 1.5 times bigger so if we are talking about the South stand on it's own that's an extra 8,500 for starters.

But Dortmund has mainly normal terracing, not safe standing:
dortmund-hsv_201702131520_full.jpg
I just assumed that because it has to be all seated for European games that it had to have safe standing to made it handy to switch. However I think the 1.5 ratio still stands up (Edit: didn't realise that pun). The main sticking point is that the concourses have to be able to handle the extra people. Apparently our new stadium has been designed with this in mind, I think there was talk of us having enough room for an extra 18,000, so our concourses will be extra roomy until then.

Well, I know the Yellow wall at Dortmund's capacity with safe standing is about 1.5 times bigger so if we are talking about the South stand on it's own that's an extra 8,500 for starters.
Pretty sure we would be 1:1 because our seats would convert to rail standing, rather than traditional terracing like Dortmund. Think I read the 1:1 thing from a Spurs Trust Q&A but can’t find it.

Few points of interest from last week's members meeting with the THST and the head of ticketing, Ian Murphy.

Firstly the move to Wembley next season, for all home matches, was talked of as a matter of fact, not an "option" as reported. I think that, whilst the club haven't formally confirmed, it's safe to say that this is going to happen.

Ref Wembley for UCL:
"In excess of 52,000 three game packages had been sold"

"...filling Wembley and making the matches accessible to as many fans as possible was the priority and certainly not a revenue generating exercise"

"...stating categorically that those games could not have been played at White Hart Lane"

"...criticism of the phasing of seat sales. IM explained this was because the high demand could not have been predicted before sales started. More blocks were released for sale as the extent of demand became clear. THFC and Wembley Stadium didn’t want to open up the entire stadium and have people dotted around"
(I don't get this excuse, as it wasn't the worst seats withheld, it was the best & most obvious on tv... no sense at all)

Wembley Prem season:
"...current thinking of the Club’s board was not to offer a Season Ticket amnesty at Wembley for next season"
(this one splits opinion...!)
"...pricing for the full season at Wembley had not yet been agreed"

Away allocations:
"...executive ST holders are entitled to 9% of the away tickets pot. This is likely to increase to 12-13% once the new stadium is opened"

NWHL STs:
"There are currently c 21,000 ST holders, excluding the ‘Premium’ members. Rough figures indicated they were looking at increasing that to 40,000 in the new stadium, excluding the 8,000 ‘Premium’ seats."

Stubhub:
"StubHub contract expires in May. IM confirmed that all options are being reviewed, including an in-house exchange"

Safe Standing:
"ratio of a standing space to a seat would be 1:1, so it was likely there would be no reduction in price for tickets in a standing area"

"7,200 places in the lower section of the 17,000 single tier end could be converted for this purpose. The rake in the new stadium was too steep for this to apply to the entire end"

Wembley for Europa if we drop from UCL?
"...as Spurs are still in the Champions League, no decisions have been reached regarding playing in the Europa League"

Online ticketing:
"One member said that the “manual adjustment” of loyalty points made it impossible to check game-by-game points allocations on One Hotspur accounts online. IM said this shouldn’t be the case and will check and come back to the Supporters’ Trust."
(I get this all the time, irritates the hell out of me)
Found it. It’s in here. Thanks Nick "Trevor" Sharp Nick "Trevor" Sharp .

Back
Top Bottom