New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How does that work, that side backs onto a road and that clearly slides outside the parameters of the east side which goes right up to that road?
No, the road is further back than you think.

Our old South Stand backed on to Park Lane, true, but the new stadium is about 100 yards North of the old one which gives the space. There will be a podium level for entrance to the new South stand, under which the pitch will slide.

No, the road is further back than you think.

Our old South Stand backed on to Park Lane, true, but the new stadium is about 100 yards North of the old one which gives the space. There will be a podium level for entrance to the new South stand, under which the pitch will slide.
Based on those schematics it will go under the old East stand as the single tier 'kop' hasn't gone up yet and that will be the same end as the south stand on Park Lane. There does not appear to be room adjacent to the East Stand for the pitches to slide.

aerial_july6_730x1100.jpg

aerial_july6_730x1000.jpg

Given the drawings show the slide function extending past the stand on Worcester Ave it appears as though it run right into used space.
f3b1816d-7b9a-40c6-904f-a77e5367cd54
To me it looks as though it cannot feasibly go where the drawings suggest it should.

Based on those schematics it will go under the old East stand as the single tier 'kop' hasn't gone up yet and that will be the same end as the south stand on Park Lane. There does not appear to be room adjacent to the East Stand for the pitches to slide.

Given the drawings show the slide function extending past the stand on Worcester Ave it appears as though it run right into used space.
To me it looks as though it cannot feasibly go where the drawings suggest it should.
Going underground, innit?

I dunno much about these things, but I think it's fair to assume they will have measured these things out. Unlike the epic French railways fail...

Rail fail: French company orders $20bn worth of trains too wide for platforms

:dembele: Ohhh merde......

Last edited:

The pitch goes under the south stand...which is the right hand side of the drawing in the above pic.

I bet its here somewhere but with 500+ pages
when the pitch is moved under the stand what happens to the rails its run on, ?
if they are above the astro truf, the rails and mounts need moving and gaps in astro filled in
if rails below astro truf surely there must be weight marks on the astro truf that need to be covered
or do they put down a temporary astro surface once the pitch is rolled out
Not sure, but I think they should play the theme from Thunderbirds over the stadium sound system whilst it moves.

Some guy on SSC posted a photo and one of them noticed this after zooming in a bit...looks like the plans for the sliding pitch supports.
YBrWr3g.jpg
The pitch goes under the south stand...which is the right hand side of the drawing in the above pic.
I was referencing this which suggests the East stand not the South Stand. I just think that's not feasible and surely you're right and it is the South Stand.

Transformation of White Hart Lane station moves a step closer

Transformation of White Hart Lane station moves a step closer

11 July 2017
The major transformation of White Hart Lane station to make it more accessible and improve journeys for customers moved closer today as Transport for London (TfL) announced Taylor Woodrow, part of VINCI Construction UK, as the successful bidder to design and rebuild the station by spring 2019.

TfL and Taylor Woodrow will work together to redevelop the station, which is used by 1.3m customers a year, delivering improvements including a new ticket hall and station entrance as well step-free access from street to platform for the very first time.

The redevelopment directly supports the regeneration in the area, which includes plans for the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium, a museum, hotel and 585 new homes, as well as 2,000 homes as part of the High Road West masterplan and a further 3,000 homes in the wider North Tottenham area.

Improvements will include:

• A new ticket hall located at the centre of the platforms on Love Lane, creating a better connection with Tottenham High Road
  • A new additional entrance providing access to Penshurst Road for the first time
  • Two new lifts delivering step-free access from the street to platform
  • Direct access from the new ticket hall to provide more central access to platforms, reducing bottlenecks and meaning passengers can move between the street and trains more quickly
  • A new station forecourt to greatly improve the public realm on Love Lane, creating a better and safer environment for pedestrians and cyclists.
  • New cycle parking, improved CCTV and Legible London wayfinding to help people continue their journeys on foot
Jon Fox, TfL's Director for London Rail, said:

`White Hart Lane station is set for a radical transformation to make life easier and more comfortable for customers. The station will see lifts installed for the first time, making it more accessible for everyone, and the new entrance will provide better connections with the local area, supporting the new homes and jobs being created in Tottenham.'

Jez Haskins, Taylor Woodrow's TfL Sector Director, said:

`Taylor Woodrow are pleased to be delivering what will become a new landmark station for TfL, which will benefit from the skills and expertise that we have gained in station upgrades at Victoria and Tottenham Court Road. We look forward to working with TfL and all of the local stakeholders to successfully transform White Hart Lane station.'

Work is expected to start on site in autumn 2017, with the improvements complete in spring 2019. The station will be available for fans travelling to and from the stadium when it opens in summer 2018 as it will continue to operate throughout the majority of the improvement works. TfL will be introducing brand new trains on the London Overground route through White Hart Lane station to replace the existing trains which are now over 30 years old.

Notes to editors
  • Artist impressions of the new station are available here
  • The contract value is £17.8m with a copy of this available on request. This will be published online shortly.
  • Taylor Woodrow is the Civil Engineering division of VINCI Construction UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and facilities management company operating throughout the UK, and part of VINCI the leading global concessions and construction business.
They are a leading player in the civil engineering and infrastructure sector, delivering world class infrastructure projects for rail, highways and energy. Their legacy includes some of the UK's most complex and high profile infrastructure projects including the iconic King's Cross Western Concourse.
www.taylorwoodrow.com

Already been proposed as part of the NDP, think it was phase 3.
21cunb6.jpg
Don't think it'll be raised. As far as I'm aware they're demolishing a large amount of estates and shops to make way for a big walk way with shops and restaurants. It's called the "High Road North" development or something. Pretty big opposition from local residents and businesses!

Don't think it'll be raised. As far as I'm aware they're demolishing a large amount of estates and shops to make way for a big walk way with shops and restaurants. It's called the "High Road North" development or something. Pretty big opposition from local residents and businesses!
Yeah, you can imagine it would give quite a few businesses/residents a sense of humour failure who are directly affected, let alone displaced. I think in the long run though it is needed as the new capacity will be a nightmare if nothing is changed. I guess the risk is that overall the redevelopment runs away as a gentrification programme which doesn't benefit many locals.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't really. If the redevelopment attracts private investment in the area and job creation then next thing to follow is more affluent people wanting to move into the area and pricing others out... But then not creating any jobs or opportunity surely has to be worse?

Urgh, sounds dangerously close to politics, I'll stop there.

Back
Top Bottom