New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've always disliked the idea of the tunnel view thing. The only thing about the new stadium that bugs me. It's like invading the sacrosanct privacy of the dressing room...just shouldn't be done. No way can the players be completely comfortable with it.

A bit of a concern regarding the 'tunnel club', "This has been contentious with the players as they really do not want to be watched in the tunnel…"

Personally, if the players don't like it, I'd ditch the idea. As much as it would bring in extra revenue from voyeurs and weirdos who like to look at people through one way glass, if the players aren't feeling relaxed and focused on the game they're about to play due to the fact they're being spied on....it's not worth it.
But every stadium (apart from us) have tunnel cams nowadays. Don't think it's a biggie personally.

Lovely view...once they got those fucking cranes shifted...
hPb4bYC.jpg

But why wouldn't you respect the players' wishes?
Because:
1. The bloke that said this is a poster on SSC, he could be Greyfox alter ego for all we know. So may not be even true.
2. At a one off joining fee of £15k per person + £9.5k per person per year x2 (min of two people) x 3 year minimum commitment = £87,000 per person x 104 people = £9,048,000 to watch them walk 10 meters! In the scheme of things isn't exactly a hardship. Factor in their multi-million pound salaries, they gotta be paid somehow.
3. We know that the dressing room is a no go zone, not even the manager goes in without permission, so this will remain.
4. The new stadium has a player lounge, a player pray/faith room, family lounge, a crèche, a player restaurant, player VIP parking and private player access/exit (away from press). Looking at the pics of the new stadium I doubt these areas will be breeze block rooms, painted in white and blue.

IMG_1877_zpsutc2mc6g.jpg

This is actually pictures from a testing with 20*30m panels. At first sight, this looks incredible, but here the gras has been joint for 4-5 days. In this photo you would think there is no issues, but when they try to build it much bigger, the weight of the panels are enourmous and need thicker framework etc. If they could use smaller panels it would be easier.
they are facing issues... Tottenham are crystal clear that they will not accept anything less than "perfection", and they need to know this will work for many years...
Wouldn't they make it 6 panels instead of 3 then? 25 x 37 meters? Sliding and multi piece grass playing surface is not exactly new tech, it's just the precise mechanism in this build.

But every stadium (apart from us) have tunnel cams nowadays. Don't think it's a biggie personally.

When the camera is on you, you know the camera in on you...but it's not always on you.

Knowing that there are people watching you all the time could well be distracting, and clearly if the players have said they're not comfortable with it, it's to the detriment of our players.

Guido said:
2. At a one off joining fee of £15k per person + £9.5k per person per year x2 (min of two people) x 3 year minimum commitment = £87,000 per person x 104 people = £9,048,000 to watch them walk 10 meters! In the scheme of things isn't exactly a hardship. Factor in their multi-million pound salaries, they gotta be paid somehow.

It's not just walking 10 meters though is it, that's where they stand and prepare themselves to walk out, it's their final moment before entering the pitch, on the occasion there is a camera, how many players look at it? And how many stare straight ahead focusing on the game they are about to play? And the money argument is just pish, it's not like they've not been paid in recent weeks and have to put up with the tunnel club in order to earn their salaries. You can say it's no hardship but I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy if your boss told you that the web cam on your laptop had to be always on so people could see you...

When the camera is on you, you know the camera in on you...but it's not always on you.

Knowing that there are people watching you all the time could well be distracting, and clearly if the players have said they're not comfortable with it, it's to the detriment of our players.

It's not just walking 10 meters though is it, that's where they stand and prepare themselves to walk out, it's their final moment before entering the pitch, on the occasion there is a camera, how many players look at it? And how many stare straight ahead focusing on the game they are about to play? And the money argument is just pish, it's not like they've not been paid in recent weeks and have to put up with the tunnel club in order to earn their salaries. You can say it's no hardship but I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy if your boss told you that the web cam on your laptop had to be always on so people could see you...
It isn't clear the players have said they don't want it, a bloke on SSC said they didn't want it.
The glass is one way mate, it will look like a white wall from their side, they can't see into the lounge. Surely that's less intrusive than a multiple cameras in the tunnel?? The tunnel as it is is packed with jorno's staff from both teams and media crew, it isn't a place of tranquility and reflection.

If it is an issue, surely once they are used to it (playing every home game with it), it will become a bigger distraction for the away team, for whom it would be a new thing to deal with?

It isn't clear the players have said they don't want it, a bloke on SSC said they didn't want it.

Yes, this discussion is hypothetical.

The glass is one way mate, it will look like a white wall from their side, they can't see into the lounge.

Apologies if I've given the impression that I don't know how one way glass works...but to clear up any confusion, I know how one way fucking glass works.

Surely that's less intrusive than a multiple cameras in the tunnel?? The tunnel as it is is packed with jorno's staff from both teams and media crew, it isn't a place of tranquility and reflection.

Isn't a place of tranquillity and reflection? At what fucking point did I say it was? Media/staff/officials, even the person viewing the footage on the cameras are all paid professionals and are there because it's their job to be there and everybody knows they're there because, they're there. Believe me there is a massive difference in getting on with your job alongside other people doing their job, and getting on with your job knowing there is some random person watching you from 12 inches away that you can't see.

If it is an issue, surely once they are used to it (playing every home game with it), it will become a bigger distraction for the away team, for whom it would be a new thing to deal with?

Getting used to something is vastly different to being comfortable with something. And what would the away team care, there would be Spurs players between them and the one way weirdos.

Yes, this discussion is hypothetical.

Apologies if I've given the impression that I don't know how one way glass works...but to clear up any confusion, I know how one way fucking glass works.

Isn't a place of tranquillity and reflection? At what fucking point did I say it was? Media/staff/officials, even the person viewing the footage on the cameras are all paid professionals and are there because it's their job to be there and everybody knows they're there because, they're there. Believe me there is a massive difference in getting on with your job alongside other people doing their job, and getting on with your job knowing there is some random person watching you from 12 inches away that you can't see.

Getting used to something is vastly different to being comfortable with something. And what would the away team care, there would be Spurs players between them and the one way weirdos.
Fair enough mate. Seem to be over reacting a tad but each to their own.

Yeah but Berti said the players will all leave due to the tunnel glass so it's something we should maybe hire a plane next game and start a protest..?

Yeah!

They should force the club to reveal the full plans of this tunnel. We need more transparency.

Oh, wait...
:kanehand:

In all seriousness, it is just going to be a period of adaptation. Wouldn't surprise me if the tunnel just turned into a staged thing and the players started treating it as such

TBF every club in the future will have one so they might as well get used to it now. Like social media, like interviews it will have to become part of their training – to know not to get your cock out whilst people are eating bratwurst in the restaurant – unless that's what floats your boat.

I'm sure this all came from the odd throw-away comment, when presenting to the players the idea of a tunnel-club some said "Ooh that's a bit weird not sure I like that ha ha!" and suddenly a story is born.

If you asked them in seriousness they'd probably all say it wasn't a big deal and probably wouldn't even think about it.

Back
Top Bottom