New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit random and Apoligies if already mentioned but regards merchandise/shop when relocating to Wembley is there in place a make shift shop? And is the current one at WHL is it still in operation through out the new build? Was hoping to make a couple of trips next season and usually go up to the shop and spend my pocket money! Just wondered what the situation was,I've missed the details!

Bit random and Apoligies if already mentioned but regards merchandise/shop when relocating to Wembley is there in place a make shift shop? And is the current one at WHL is it still in operation through out the new build? Was hoping to make a couple of trips next season and usually go up to the shop and spend my pocket money! Just wondered what the situation was,I've missed the details!

There were portable outlets outside Wembley stadium for the Euro matches as well as retail outlets inside the stadium with various Spurs merch.

More random stuff from SSC...

17632131_10210124106353734_1590467317460774909_o.jpg
Great photos as always ArtyB ArtyB ; for me the outside shots are ok but it can be difficult to get a sense of scale.

However, the third last photo (the one with the back of the dump truck) gives an idea how it will look from a player's perspective - and the stands seem almost vertical. When it is finished it will be a CAULDRON, unlike the Olympic Park which seems to be 60% roof.

I don't think ANY of our players seeing this being built won't want to be part of this club; and others will be lining up pestering their agent for a chance to join Poch's revolution.

Great times to be a Spurs fan!

Aberdeenshire yid You can guarantee Daniel Levy won't led you get the train back up from King's Cross without having given you every opportunity to relieve you of your pocket money
:levylol::levylol::levylol:

:levyeyes:
The rascal! I'd go up to WHL anyway,even if no game on! you see,how would I discribe it.... erm real London! My wife is no that enthusiastic about the area but I enjoy a wee trip up in a big red bus, and I get the window seat:llorishuh:

looking at how far the buil has come and how far it is to go I can't comprehend the stadium opening in summer 2018. There's just too much work to be done. I'm certain now that the club will delay the opening until summer 2019 and we'll hare one more year at WHL. I'm basing this purely on my gut instinct, not any engineering knowledge or anything.

looking at how far the buil has come and how far it is to go I can't comprehend the stadium opening in summer 2018. There's just too much work to be done. I'm certain now that the club will delay the opening until summer 2019 and we'll hare one more year at WHL. I'm basing this purely on my gut instinct, not any engineering knowledge or anything.

My gut feeling as well. I'm not a fan of it, but if it's necessary then it's necessary.

To be honest there is plenty of time to do the rest. What you see in those pictures has gone up in around 14 months, they have another 16 months to go.

The bit that takes the longest (concrete structure) is pretty much done. Additionally a lot of the internal works are already happening, youd be surprised at how much is done that we can't see.

Finally - the most important point - we wouldn't gain anything from staying another season. The biggest portion of works still to do is the South stand, and they can't do any of that until they knock down the existing. So staying another year just means we'll be sitting around twiddling thumbs waiting for May 18 instead of May 17. They'll still have 15 months to do that whether we move out in 2017 or 2076.

I'm positive that we're fine, that we're moving to Wembley next year and moving back in 2018.

I thought sorting out all the inside stuff like the restaurant and the craft brewery is what's going to take ages? The stadium will look effectively finished but still have tonnes of work left to do on it.

Already mentioned this, but I don't us to leave WHL this season. The Wembley/first couple of years at the new stadium are going to be quite a test and I'd rather not have that ballache arriving at the exact same time we have such an amazing team. If we'd only got this stadium stuff sorted when we were shit! (Although I don't think they put craft breweries in football grounds back then. That is some top future-proofing.)

I thought sorting out all the inside stuff like the restaurant and the craft brewery is what's going to take ages? The stadium will look effectively finished but still have tonnes of work left to do on it.

Already mentioned this, but I don't us to leave WHL this season. The Wembley/first couple of years at the new stadium are going to be quite a test and I'd rather not have that ballache arriving at the exact same time we have such an amazing team. If we'd only got this stadium stuff sorted when we were shit! (Although I don't think they put craft breweries in football grounds back then. That is some top future-proofing.)
Would you back a shit team keeping us up at Wembley? The other way to look at it is the best team, this one, will do OK next season.

Yes of course I'd support Spurs no matter how shit they got.

Just concerned we've got a squad who could walk in to most other teams and a desired manager (who some fans are extremely eager to turn against - and yet we pretend we're better than other clubs in that regard) and a couple of tricky seasons going to Wembley then making a real home of The Qatari Airways Arena or whatever it's going to be called could tear all that apart.

Yes of course I'd support Spurs no matter how shit they got.

Just concerned we've got a squad who could walk in to most other teams and a desired manager (who some fans are extremely eager to turn against - and yet we pretend we're better than other clubs in that regard) and a couple of tricky seasons going to Wembley then making a real home of The Qatari Airways Arena or whatever it's going to be called could tear all that apart.
Not questioning your support. I'm saying a shit Spurs side could get as relegated at Wembley, whilst a good one will do OK.

Back
Top Bottom