New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely the PR a club would get from starting more fan engagement should outweigh the opposite. They could start by having more friendlies in the south east of England in preseason rather than jetting off to the other side of the world. Local fans get to meet the players and then the club might pick up a few more memberships, visits to the ground and shop and match day demand than they would otherwise. It seems crazy that they are basically abandoning their local fan base.
Couldn't agree more mate.
A missed trick ,me thinks.

Surely the PR a club would get from starting more fan engagement should outweigh the opposite. They could start by having more friendlies in the south east of England in preseason rather than jetting off to the other side of the world. Local fans get to meet the players and then the club might pick up a few more memberships, visits to the ground and shop and match day demand than they would otherwise. It seems crazy that they are basically abandoning their local fan base.
Depends how many foreign fans sign up for memberships. They get pure millions directly from sponsors for pre seasons abroad

Couldn't agree more mate.
A missed trick ,me thinks.
I suspect the club feel that the limited potential of local money on matchdays and merch is massively outweighed by the potential from international involvement.

Unfortunatley I reckon they are right. Locally it's going to be a struggle to get kids of West Ham, or Goon families to come to the dark side. Whereas the unadulterated masses on the other side of the globe will be much more beneficial to the club.

It's not like we struggle to sell out every game anyway, so the matchday revenue is not as high a priority as increasing brand awareness globally.

Several 1st team friendlies locally is never coming back. I have resigned myself to supporting a team whose owners couldn't give a damn about me other than the £ I put in their pocket. If you want to watch the best football available, then I don't think you have much choice but to accept reality.

Last edited:
Did you see the amount of South Koreans at the Wolves game. Literally hundreds all sat together
You can guarantee they will be spending in the club shop. If we had built that hotel they would be in there as well.
Only one problem . They tend to follow players , rather than clubs. Apparently there are 12m Spurs fans in S Korea. If and when Sonny leaves they will be off somewhere else.
We need to scout another S Korean, plus a Japanese player for good measure .
That’s why we don’t go to Orient any more. Mores the pity really but if we want top players we have to get the money from wherever we can.

Think they should/will put on 2-3 days…

They are a partially forgotten Classic band, due to Eddies limelight avoidance and anti commercial stance.

For any kids reading, get tickets, they are amongst the best ever.

Pondering if I should get tickets for me and my kids, or me and my old mates…

Anti commercial stance ? nearly 200 quid a ticket, wouldn't like to see the price if they were just in it for the money 💰💰💰.

Anti commercial stance ? nearly 200 quid a ticket, wouldn't like to see the price if they were just in it for the money 💰💰💰.
You never hear them on adverts, but the wider band are also factors, did say Eddie not Pearl Jam.

When their second album came out, Vedder insisted on touring in a Van (covered in their documentary), Stone Gossard said of it “we’re not Fugazi”, as it made everything super difficult as he rebelled against their fame.

Think some of it was a rebound as Eddie was cut deep by Cobain saying “they aren’t an indie/underground band” as they went straight to a major label. However, as one on that scene, Pearl Jam tickets were much cheaper than Nirvana in 91/92 (And they had been Green River, Mother Love Bone prior to becoming Pearl Jam).

Anyway, agree it’s way OTT pricing.

Pearl Jam tickets purchased.
About £159 per ticket for standing.

:levywhoa:

I bought Ten club tickets a few days ago.

Yep, it was expensive... but my favourite band playing at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium? I'm never not going to go to that.

I'm going with my best mate who unfortunately is a Gooner. I love the idea that he's topping up our transfer budget with every pint he drinks.

I also want to see Ange duetting with Eddie Vedder on Betterman...

Did you see the amount of South Koreans at the Wolves game. Literally hundreds all sat together
You can guarantee they will be spending in the club shop. If we had built that hotel they would be in there as well.
Only one problem . They tend to follow players , rather than clubs. Apparently there are 12m Spurs fans in S Korea. If and when Sonny leaves they will be off somewhere else.
We need to scout another S Korean, plus a Japanese player for good measure .
That’s why we don’t go to Orient any more. Mores the pity really but if we want top players we have to get the money from wherever we can.
10%-20% will stay post Son.

Back
Top Bottom