New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The stewarding felt a lot stricter the last couple of games. They stood in the aisle all game yesterday and on Friday kept telling some little kids they couldn’t stand in the seats which felt a bit harsh. Anyone else found that? Was wondering if it was just in the south stand.
The stewarding at 108 (West Stand) is mostly non existent, literally. Has been shite for a couple of seasons.

Nobody at all around for the whole of the second half last night.

Last edited:
The stewarding at 108b (West Stand) is mostly non existent, literally. Has been shite for a couple of seasons.

Nobody at all around for the whole of the second half last night.
Interesting- pretty much the opposite to our bit. It’s been pretty relaxed for the last couple of years - maybe they’ve had complaints specifically about our area - little kids quite often watch the game at the bottom of the stairs so they see and people often stand in the aisles. Just felt a big overkill the last two games

The stewarding felt a lot stricter the last couple of games. They stood in the aisle all game yesterday and on Friday kept telling some little kids they couldn’t stand in the seats which felt a bit harsh. Anyone else found that? Was wondering if it was just in the south stand.
Wasnt there last night, but was in the "Edmonton end" friday were the City game and the stewards were useless. Letting people do what they liked

Seen them live 6x and for me they were the best live of the Grunge scene bands (Saw Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Screaming Trees, The Melvins, Mudhoney et al in the early 90’s so a qualified opinion).

Really happy Pearl Jam are playing June 29th…

Seen them live 6x and for me they were the best live of the Grunge scene bands (Saw Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Screaming Trees, The Melvins, Mudhoney et al in the early 90’s so a qualified opinion).

Really happy Pearl Jam are playing June 29th…

I just hope I can get tickets. Got a feeling it’s going to be hard work getting them. Last saw them in Hyde park with Stereophonics on the card, who were great also.

I just hope I can get tickets. Got a feeling it’s going to be hard work getting them. Last saw them in Hyde park with Stereophonics on the card, who were great also.
Think they should/will put on 2-3 days…

They are a partially forgotten Classic band, due to Eddies limelight avoidance and anti commercial stance.

For any kids reading, get tickets, they are amongst the best ever.

Pondering if I should get tickets for me and my kids, or me and my old mates…

Enjoyed smashed avocado on sourdough toast before the training session today. A world away from the Peanut Man
It was good to see all the kids enjoying the day, and I have no problem with the stadium being utilized in this way.
All in all, a good exercise in connecting with the supporters.

Enjoyed smashed avocado on sourdough toast before the training session today. A world away from the Peanut Man
It was good to see all the kids enjoying the day, and I have no problem with the stadium being utilized in this way.
All in all, a good exercise in connecting with the supporters.
Its should happen more often.As i have said before,when i was a kid,you could just bowl up to the training ground in Cheshunt,and watch the team train.Meet the players afterwards as well

Its should happen more often.As i have said before,when i was a kid,you could just bowl up to the training ground in Cheshunt,and watch the team train.Meet the players afterwards as well
Totally agree, getting anywhere near the First Team is nigh on impossible for the "ordinary" supporter. We used to have Player of the Year get togethers, organized by the Supporters' Club, at The Chanticleer. At least we were able to get a photo.

Forgot to mention, no sign of Pedro or Destiny. Also interesting to see Ange standing quite a bit away from the players, just observing and not saying anything. Assume that he says his piece behind closed doors, which is right and proper.

I'm in two minds about going. Seen them live a few times, including their last concert in Hyde Park with Pixies a couple of years ago.

Great live band.

Surely the PR a club would get from starting more fan engagement should outweigh the opposite. They could start by having more friendlies in the south east of England in preseason rather than jetting off to the other side of the world. Local fans get to meet the players and then the club might pick up a few more memberships, visits to the ground and shop and match day demand than they would otherwise. It seems crazy that they are basically abandoning their local fan base.

Back
Top Bottom