New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those interested in the wider regeneration of Tottenham, a pre-application for the B & M site was submitted by Spurs to the planning committee on 7 July ( on attached link for Planning Meeting ) - the idea is to get the council to identify any major policy issues that they have with the proposal.

This proposal is fairly similar in nature to The Goods Yard proposal which Haringey refused to consider planning permission for, but after Spurs appeal, planning permission was granted. This then opens the door to a full planning application for the B & M site probably going forward to the meeting in September.

The card was only used in the Juve game because referees are used to having Visa cards tossed at them by Juve.
The guy was clearly holding the card so the sponsors could be seen. I felt that same wash of derision I got when Ronaldo 'had to' change his boots after 3 minutes to an identical pair of the same newly-sponsored C7's.

But whose idea was it to pad out the walls with giant plastic flower pots and massive '70's louvres?

I saw it in real life last week - it looks soooo cheap and nasty.

Was just going to say... Half the buildings they make nowadays are so ugly it's mindboggling. It makes old council block houses look charming.

In Sweden they made some research on where the architects who draw these horrible plastic houses live, and lo and behold, they all live in houses built in classical styles from the 1850s-1920s.

Big new £320m deal, and still the possibility of a Stadium Naming Rights Deal and also a sleeve rights deal

Big dent in the stadium debt repayment currently estimated at £45m pa over 20 years - or frees up more money for football whichever way you want to look at it.

AIA are feckin' huge .... 226 billion in assets means 320m for us is small change, they spend an absolute fortune brand promoting through football and we're by far their biggest partner whilst they are by far our biggest promoter pan-Asia, you'd be amazed at what they do ... and with this new deal that's about to get a whole lot bigger

AIA partnership with Spurs

AIA are feckin' huge .... 226 billion in assets means 320m for us is small change, they spend an absolute fortune brand promoting through football and we're by far their biggest partner whilst they are by far our biggest promoter pan-Asia, you'd be amazed at what they do ... and with this new deal that's about to get a whole lot bigger

AIA partnership with Spurs

I just wish they'd make their name blue on our home shirts.

I’m a bit boggled that we still haven’t sold the naming rights to the stadium. We’ve been building this thing since Gutenberg invented movable type, it’s not like it just snuck up on us.

I’m a bit boggled that we still haven’t sold the naming rights to the stadium. We’ve been building this thing since Gutenberg invented movable type, it’s not like it just snuck up on us.

With the NFL hype the past few weeks, and games to come in October, having it being played at The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is great for getting the club name out there to the US. Once it's rebranded to a sponsor name, hopefully everyone remembers who's ground it is.

Back
Top Bottom