New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree with all that.

It seemed to me the optimum solution for Spurs would be to do a deal with a large construction company to contribute the land and planning permission with that company taking on the button of raising finance to build the project etc We'd have to give up a share of profits maybe 50 % but we'd have a "free ride" to get our share of profit without any extra strain on Spurs balance sheet.

I'm not sure if it's an entirely Spurs project at the moment ( not sure of the relationship of the landowners to THFC although certainly within a Joe Lewis group ) but all the getting of planning has been done in Spurs name so I'd guess we get a fair share of profits.

Thoughts ?

Spot on - this article gives far more information than I ever could

Home game: as its new stadium opens we look at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club's housing ambitions

These are the outline plans for Spurs 2nd major site in High Road West, which ajoins the Goods Yard which I would guess will now be submitted to Haringey Council for planning permission. The quality of scheme with 40% affordable housing and provision of community facilities including squares etc is similar to The Goods Yard and unless Haringey can find some major differences I assume that Haringey planning will grant permission with the usual caveats rather than refusing as Haringey lost on appeal all the grounds they refused the Goods Yard site in.

Site is better known as the B&M site.
So this one has completely passed me by, I knew there have been wider plans for all of this side of the High Road but was unaware that Tottenham already owned this site, I've been assuming your last couple of posts were about the site that has been used as a concrete mixing area when we were building the stadium.

Not going to be able to recognise the place soon. In addition, there is the whole development at Meridian Water which is slatted over the next 20yrs and has already begun. Overall I think it's great for the area, just hope people aren't priced out but the number of affordable homes does seem to be higher than on most comparable developments, I think??

So this one has completely passed me by, I knew there have been wider plans for all of this side of the High Road but was unaware that Tottenham already owned this site, I've been assuming your last couple of posts were about the site that has been used as a concrete mixing area when we were building the stadium.

Not going to be able to recognise the place soon. In addition, there is the whole development at Meridian Water which is slatted over the next 20yrs and has already begun. Overall I think it's great for the area, just hope people aren't priced out but the number of affordable homes does seem to be higher than on most comparable developments, I think??

Interesting bit of history from maybe 5 years or so ago is that the club and Haringey Council got as far as signing Heads of Agreement to jointly develop this area which disclosed the club's land holding in the area ( circa 40 % ) but Haringey then chose to do a ideal with Lendlease in its place

From what has been seen at Brook House, built in part to rehouse the original Love Lane tenants which included a school and other communitu assets the develpments will be of a high standard ( no whispers of Gerry builders from Brook House after 2 years which is better than many private house schemes ) and the 40% affordable housing iratio s as good as anywhere else.

If The Goods Yard and BM site live up tothe same standard of construction (design certainly looks promising) then Haringey Council will struggle to match the quality. Imo Tottenham area residents will have a lot to be thankful for.

One of the other developments under way - Spurs had suggested more flats but much of next door properties were houses, so Spurs dropped their plans to join up with Fairview to build houses and flats Been well received by Council and locals, not sure of precise position but think it's well down the road of getting planning permission.

Spurs have advanced ( or built) more development of homes than Haringey have in the last decad e - mind-blowing speed when it's not Spurs core business !

Last edited:

One of the other developments under way - Spurs had suggested more flats but much of next door properties were houses, so Spurs dropped their plans to join up with Fairview to build houses. Been well received by Council and locals, not sure of precise position but think it's well down the road of getting planning permission.

Spurs have advanced ( or built) more development of homes than Haringey have in the last decad e - mind-blowing speed when it's not Spurs core business !
The land on WHL perhaps? Near Harringay FC.

The land on WHL perhaps? Near Harringay FC.

White Hart Lane on a big bend in the road (almost a right angle) and probably less than half a mile north from NWHL and on the other side of the road from Haringey Borough FC

Originally earmarked for an alternative site for Archway Metals and Spurs got outline planning permission for a bigger industrial unit than Archway had on the roadside of the site However Archway decided to pursue a big £ compensation value as we know so Spurs put forward a plan for flats ( to meet Haringey's plans for the area ) but when locals raised objections Spurs got agreement with Haringey that some houses (less dense housing hence Haringey's preference for flats so as to maximise no of homes) plus flats were the way forward and introduced Fairview into the equation.

Last edited:
IMO the station should remain 'White Hart Lane'. To change it and then get naming rights for the stadium wipes out a lot of history.
Do not know where you live but if you are saying that as a local resident then ok but if like most supporters you live away from the area, I do not believe supporters that at best go to the area under 30 times a year should have a say in naming a railway station. The stadium is another matter and whilst I appreciate the benefit of major monies for naming rights, it will always be WHL for many supporters.

Do not know where you live but if you are saying that as a local resident then ok but if like most supporters you live away from the area, I do not believe supporters that at best go to the area under 30 times a year should have a say in naming a railway station. The stadium is another matter and whilst I appreciate the benefit of major monies for naming rights, it will always be WHL for many supporters.
Not quite sure what point you're trying to make.

I've said leave the station as it is, does it carry more weight if I actually live on White Hart Lane?

The stadium is another matter and whilst I appreciate the benefit of major monies for naming rights, it will always be WHL for many supporters. - I think you're wrong in the long term.

Convinced we won’t have a stadium sponsor before the start of the season because Levy seems occupied with the transfer window.

Tottenham are pleased to announce the signing of Vietnamese under 21 international Na Ming Ri Tse!

This is huge news .... when you hear talk of the stadium costing 850m you need to remember what out finance director said over a year ago:

If that remains true then completing this project (or selling to a developer) will generate a second massive wave of income, whilst that will be mostly outside of THFC it still can't be a bad thing for the club or the community ... and the Goods Yard is only part of our land portfolio ....

These are the outline plans for Spurs 2nd major site in High Road West, which ajoins the Goods Yard which I would guess will now be submitted to Haringey Council for planning permission. The quality of scheme with 40% affordable housing and provision of community facilities including squares etc is similar to The Goods Yard and unless Haringey can find some major differences I assume that Haringey planning will grant permission with the usual caveats rather than refusing as Haringey lost on appeal all the grounds they refused the Goods Yard site in.

Site is better known as the B&M site.

I suspect that Haringey were forewarned that their decision to not allow planning for the Goods Yard site would fail on appeal, as the above link is to the Planning Committee's 8 July meeting where the meeting will have a 'pre planning' review of the B & M Site (867-879 High Road) planning proposal. The ide of these briefings is to tease out from councillors any initial major concerns o the project.

The briefing being given suggests the plan will be substantially similar to the Goods Yard scheme which was granted Planning Permission by virtue of Haringey losing Spurs appeal against Haringety refusing planning permission.

The scheme may be summarised as 'approximately 300 new residential units (with up to 40% affordable housing) , approximately 120m2 commercial uses, approximately 60 car parking spaces and up to 500 cycle spaces, a new park, landscaping and open space. Buildings would range from approximately 3 – 6 storeys and there would be a taller building of approximately 29 storeys'.

I had expected the planning process to be quick now given Haringey lost the Goods Yard appeal - but this planning meeting is sooner than I could have possibly predicted, at about a week after the appeal decision was announced !

Last edited:
Thought it might be useful to summarise Spurs ambitions in the redevelopment of Tottenham, in terms of the number of housing units being built/proposed. :

Already Built & Occupied
Kingdom Hall 34
Brook House 222 (former Cannon Site), JV with Newlon Housing, 100% affordable housing,
due to it being planned to re-house most of the original Love Lane Tenants).

Not Yet Built
Stadium Site 585 (Outline Planning granted with Stadium and Hotel)
The Goods Yard 330 (Planning Permission now secured)
B& M Site 300 Planning Application Process now underway
500 WHL 144 Being built by Fairview, website says sales in Autumn 2019

Total 1615 Housing Units

Haringey must surely get behind Spurs soon ... tasked with building 1,000 new homes in the next four years if Spurs build 1615 with 10% as council that's half the entire target ...

Harringey Council Homes

Interesting difference in approach though. Council aim is to deliver 1000 council homes and its first step towards that is to buy existing homes..... So it's not a net increase in homes in Haringey just a change in thei description of the houses to "council housing" !

As Spurs are building on brownfield sites all the 1615 housing units will be net new homes being built !

Back
Top Bottom