New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there a "fowl" button for this?
You must be yoking. Admin don't give a cluck about giving us buttons. Only interested in their cocks. Bantamweights, the lot of 'em. They need to be spurred on a bit. It would be eggsellent if they poached good ideas from other forums. That's the game, isn't it? Fine feathers make fine birds, imho.

Took me all night, that did, cooped up in my study.

Did you spot all ten of them?

I understand the arguments for why it would be strange for Visa to sponsor a stadium, and it doesn't really make sense to me why they're in to sponsorship at all, but then American Express sponsor Brighton's stadium and shirts and there's little justification for that either

I understand the arguments for why it would be strange for Visa to sponsor a stadium, and it doesn't really make sense to me why they're in to sponsorship at all, but then American Express sponsor Brighton's stadium and shirts and there's little justification for that either

Is sponsorship tax deductible? If so it could make it (almost) cost neutral. That would also explain why the likes of Google and Amazon don't seem interested, given that they don't seem interested in paying tax anyway.

Makes less sense in the UK, but Credit Cards are far less commonly owned in other parts of the world, even in Europe in France or Germany. If you ever buy something off an eBay seller in Germany, they invariably want payment by direct bank transfer. So sponsoring an PL/NFL audience is more about reaching a global audience rather than a domestic one.

You must be yoking. Admin don't give a cluck about giving us buttons. Only interested in their cocks. Bantamweights, the lot of 'em. They need to be spurred on a bit. It would be eggsellent if they poached good ideas from other forums. That's the game, isn't it? Fine feathers make fine birds, imho.

Took me all night, that did, cooped up in my study.

Did you spot all ten of them?
Too much time on your hands, young man!

I'm only jealous as I'm useless at puns. :)

spurs have won the appeal against Haringey's refusal to grant planning permission on The Goods Yard development. It means Planning permission has been granted

Just announced !

Big win Spurs 1 - 0 Haringey

I'd guess Haringey will grant planning permission on the next planning permission submitted by Spurs - both parts of the High Road West area that Haringey has a joint venture with Lendlease to develop, but Spurs own circa 40% of the area (none existing residential - so all housing built by Spurs will be additional and includes 40% Social Housing) with Haringey the other major land owner mainly residential such as Love Lane estate.

Last edited:
Simply putting a small Visa logo on the counter next to a checkout increases the use of Visa based card transactions. If you place the item you want people to buy at eye level, people are more likely to buy it. You increase the chance even more if you put it in the middle of two similar items.

We humans are insanely easy to manipulate through visual nudges.

Quite apart from all that, Visa isn't the dominant force in all markets and the Prem is huge in emerging markets where cash is still king. Then you've got Visa's huge corporate entertainment spend...

Yeah - it's quite possible.

Pizza Hut or GTFO.

"I'm Arlo White, and welcome to the Hut, home of Tottenham Hotspur, as they look to complete the first step on the way to the quadruple by wrapping up the league in April..."
A hut with a red roof, fuck off. Pizza Hurt's whole fucking logo is red, at least Domino's has some navy blue in it.

Also, Domino's is much, much better and I won't even debate with you on that.

spurs have won the appeal against Haringey's refusal to grant planning permission on The Goods Yard development. It means Planning permission has been granted

Just announced !

I'd guess Haringey will grant planning permission on the next planning permission submitted by Spurs - both parts of the High Road West area that Haringey has a joint venture with Lendlease to develop, but Spurs own circa 40% of the area (none existing residential - so all housing built by Spurs will be additional and includes 40% Social Housing) with Haringey the other major land owner mainly residential such as Love Lane estate.

This is huge news .... when you hear talk of the stadium costing 850m you need to remember what out finance director said over a year ago:

The redevelopment of the deprived area surrounding Tottenham's stadium was central in the club getting permission, and the construction costs of the surrounding area account for more than half of the total projected £850million bill.

If that remains true then completing this project (or selling to a developer) will generate a second massive wave of income, whilst that will be mostly outside of THFC it still can't be a bad thing for the club or the community ... and the Goods Yard is only part of our land portfolio ....

This is huge news .... when you hear talk of the stadium costing 850m you need to remember what out finance director said over a year ago:

If that remains true then completing this project (or selling to a developer) will generate a second massive wave of income, whilst that will be mostly outside of THFC it still can't be a bad thing for the club or the community ... and the Goods Yard is only part of our land portfolio ....

Agree with all that.

It seemed to me the optimum solution for Spurs would be to do a deal with a large construction company to contribute the land and planning permission with that company taking on the button of raising finance to build the project etc We'd have to give up a share of profits maybe 50 % but we'd have a "free ride" to get our share of profit without any extra strain on Spurs balance sheet.

I'm not sure if it's an entirely Spurs project at the moment ( not sure of the relationship of the landowners to THFC although certainly within a Joe Lewis group ) but all the getting of planning has been done in Spurs name so I'd guess we get a fair share of profits.

Thoughts ?

Just announced !

These are the outline plans for Spurs 2nd major site in High Road West, which ajoins the Goods Yard which I would guess will now be submitted to Haringey Council for planning permission. The quality of scheme with 40% affordable housing and provision of community facilities including squares etc is similar to The Goods Yard and unless Haringey can find some major differences I assume that Haringey planning will grant permission with the usual caveats rather than refusing as Haringey lost on appeal all the grounds they refused the Goods Yard site in.

Site is better known as the B&M site.

Back
Top Bottom