New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The iStadium
0ee0f0435a5a9e4149698efa35fde453-full.png

The original £400m loan has a five year term expiring in April 2022. The club subsequently borrowed
another £237m in October 2018. There may be a bond issue at some time in the future, who knows?

The point I was making was that between the years 2008-2017 the club used £34.5m on average per season to go into the infrastructure costs, which roughly equates to most if not all of the matchday revenue WHL used to make.

The new stadium is expected to bring in £100m, with repayments of £50m each season with bond issues or whatever they decide to go with to extend that 2022 timeframe. If that's the case as figures seem to show it means that our club has been running for a decade as of 2017 with no matchday revenue advantage. It's been breaking even based on what it generates compared to its outlay. If the club gets £100m per season from the new stadium but only has to pay of off £45m-£50m like the rumours and reports seem to veer towards then the club can expect £50m-£55m more to spend than it has each of the last 10 seasons on average.

Once those long winded payments are paid off the club can expect a further £45m-£50m on top of that, so the reward structure for the new build will scale from £50m instantly compared to what we have been getting for a decade or so, and then it'll double after debts are cleared with a model that functions completely within its means. The only other clubs that haven't really relied on owner financing over the last 10 years are Woolwich, Burnley, and Middlesbrough. Every other club spends beyond their means and its fluffed up in the form of owner loans or owner shares:

Dv-XxqLW0AAyhaE

It really is amazing that we've been able to operate how we have for a decade with nearly £350m of our profits being used down avenues other clubs haven't needed to spend money on.

You are right and in fact it is always full with season tickets and many unanswered requests. Surely there were the bad numbers of the old Delle Alpi stadium that led to downward numbers. The club came from two seventh places at that time (and three coaches in two years), a disaster. In my opinion there was a fear of risking ... Today they would do it from 60k and it would be quietly full
Must be costing them a fortune. Even Sunderland built a 48k stadium which they were only going to fill once or twice. Still Juve seem to be doing ok , very clever with free transfers.

I believe that's the case, yeah.

Most (didn't know if all) pitches in the country slope over the surface to allow for drainage.
I popped down to the front row yesterday, right behind the 'Park Lane' goalmouth (just before we scored our 3rd) and noticed exactly this!
Usually, you can really see the curve of the pitch, especially as you look across to the other goal... but yesterday, it struck me just how flat it was... I remember when I was a Kid, whenever I went down to the front of the Paxton, how weird it was to watch the game, as you could hardly see the opposite end, due to the curve of the pitch... yesterday, hardly anything!

Thought I was imagining things!

Must be costing them a fortune. Even Sunderland built a 48k stadium which they were only going to fill once or twice. Still Juve seem to be doing ok , very clever with free transfers.

The club had to rebuild itself by financing itself. The last "madness" of CR7 is actually a strategy to expand the brand on foreign markets (it's not just a sporting reason). For the rest we focus on 0 parameters and players with excellent potential but to grow. This is why I admire Totthenam: you too have chosen a policy to enhance players who could explode. This is the difference with clubs like Manchester City or United that buy at the maximum price regardless of expense.

The stadium owned is the icing on the cake

Basically some bloke having a good old wander around...excellent video quality throughout, but it's over 30 minutes long!!!

@14:50 that is some quality facade and glazing work. Says someone working in that industry doing some specialty work like that on admittedly much smaller scales.

Basically some bloke having a good old wander around...excellent video quality throughout, but it's over 30 minutes long!!!

If someone's put off by the length, you can play YouTube videos at 2x speed by changing the settings at the bottom. Cuts the time in half and it's still a surprisingly smooth video.

Back
Top Bottom