New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not getting on with the usual 9-5 due to the hard on lag from yesterday's stadium opening. 2 tables I think are really fascinating about the clubs finances over the last decade that shows where we will be for the next 10-15 years and then the step the club takes thereafter:

Dv-X0bRXcAEXFWv

Dv-Xz2KXQAAtxyG

Since 2008 & up to 2017 the club spent £493m on CAPEX. £148m was taken in loans so £345m of that spent across 10 years is from our own profits.

If numbers are correct that equates to £34.5m on average each season profit wise has been spent on builds, pretty much wiping out any gate receipts we'd make per season (we are rumoured to make c£40m or so or at least were when at WHL).

The new stadium is expected to make £100m but we need to pay of £45m-£50m per season. This instantly gives us £50m-£55m based on matchday revenue than we have seen for 10 years if we go based on averages for CAPEX spent without the help of external loans.

We do that for 10-15 years, whatever it is and then we get another kick of £45m-£50m when the loans have been repaid.

Basically we have in theory broke even on matchday revenue for 10 years, are about to get a further £50m based on matchday revenue per year after loan debts are paid and then in 10-15 years that revenue will top £100m from where the club is at present.

If the numbers are right and I haven't fucked up somewhere it would seem most of the financial pain has already been endured and that the club are about to gain a further £50m or so each season for 10 years, followed by phase 3 which will add yet another £50m on to the money it brings in as debts will be no more. Anyone make sense of what I'm reading into or does it all sound like bollocks?

Been sniffing about and seen a bunch of these sites this morning... Beggars belief how it's tolerated from a club/league perspective. Can't tell me the game doesn't hold enough clout to shut this kind of shit down.

Yep, but how will they get in the game without the Stadium Access card ? Complete piss take.

Although, When I spoke to the ticket office as I thought I had lost my card, they said they would send an e-ticket to print out. They were very specific though, i WOULD have to take photo ID. So, hopefully, anyone buying those tickets and rocking up will be refused entry.

Yep, but how will they get in the game without the Stadium Access card ? Complete piss take.

Although, When I spoke to the ticket office as I thought I had lost my card, they said they would send an e-ticket to print out. They were very specific though, i WOULD have to take photo ID. So, hopefully, anyone buying those tickets and rocking up will be refused entry.
They are probably selling tickets they do not have, either conning you and taking your cash or later refunding you when they cant get them.

I very much doubt there are loads of tickets for resellers for this one.

I generally swerve the whole phenomena on principal of 'face value only' but without knowing, for all the scams no doubt out there, surely there must be legit sales amongst Twitter, 3rd party websites and other fan avenues... You hear of plenty of people buying tickets elsewhere there must be some form of ticket format being exploited somehow.

The idea that strangers are paying to borrow (and subsequently return) physical STs for the day; on a practical level seems implausible.

They are probably selling tickets they do not have, either conning you and taking your cash or later refunding you when they cant get them.

I very much doubt there are loads of tickets for resellers for this one.

I think this early, a scam is likely, but given time, one assume the profiteers amongst 'us' will kick into action as always...

Looks to me like you are promoting a rip off ticket site that probably isnt even legit. Assumed you were a spam account

Not at all.. Just pointing out what was out there.

Pretty elaborate Spam account to have accrued all the messages and rep points, just to rip people off on the first game in the new Stadium

:roseunsure:

Is ours flat because it's on the trays.....where as the others that are static need to be sloped at the edges so water runs off?

I believe that's the case, yeah.

Most (didn't know if all) pitches in the country slope over the surface to allow for drainage.

Not getting on with the usual 9-5 due to the hard on lag from yesterday's stadium opening. 2 tables I think are really fascinating about the clubs finances over the last decade that shows where we will be for the next 10-15 years and then the step the club takes thereafter:

Dv-X0bRXcAEXFWv

Dv-Xz2KXQAAtxyG

Since 2008 & up to 2017 the club spent £493m on CAPEX. £148m was taken in loans so £345m of that spent across 10 years is from our own profits.

If numbers are correct that equates to £34.5m on average each season profit wise has been spent on builds, pretty much wiping out any gate receipts we'd make per season (we are rumoured to make c£40m or so or at least were when at WHL).

The new stadium is expected to make £100m but we need to pay of £45m-£50m per season. This instantly gives us £50m-£55m based on matchday revenue than we have seen for 10 years if we go based on averages for CAPEX spent without the help of external loans.

We do that for 10-15 years, whatever it is and then we get another kick of £45m-£50m when the loans have been repaid.

Basically we have in theory broke even on matchday revenue for 10 years, are about to get a further £50m based on matchday revenue per year after loan debts are paid and then in 10-15 years that revenue will top £100m from where the club is at present.

If the numbers are right and I haven't fucked up somewhere it would seem most of the financial pain has already been endured and that the club are about to gain a further £50m or so each season for 10 years, followed by phase 3 which will add yet another £50m on to the money it brings in as debts will be no more. Anyone make sense of what I'm reading into or does it all sound like bollocks?
The original £400m loan has a five year term expiring in April 2022. The club subsequently borrowed
another £237m in October 2018. There may be a bond issue at some time in the future, who knows?

Back
Top Bottom