New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Palace and Brighton both still being in the cup has probably fucked us up a little further.
A side from the stadium, the team doesn't want to get on a backlog.
They might bring Palace forward to midweek (12/13 March) and play it at Wembley. Following 2 weeks (and the weekend) are Internationals. They won't be able to plan anything for Brighton (6/7 April) with them still in the cup. Obviously we can't play at Wembley that weekend whatever so not sure how they'll play that rescheduling.
Reckon they'll target Huddersfield on weekend of 13/14 April ? Then looking at Hammers and Everton (last day) and potentially the rescheduled Brighton game and Palace games. So 4/5 league games. And a max of 2 Champions league games.

Either all that or they'll just announce Wembley for the season.

So let me preface this by saying this is as true as information through two people can be but it does come from a VERY good source. But yeah take this as you will.

So, Palace winning today is huge, as it means the Palace league game ges pushed back in our schedule. The FA have a rule (im told) that a team must play at least five games at a stadium in a season. This is now the case with Palace winning. Rumours of the safety systems failing, according to Alasdair Gold's latest piece are 'complete rubbish'. Ive also been told that the stadium is basically good to go. Anywho, I'm told there is a meeting this Tuesday between Spurs and the FA to decide whether we can move in this season with the aim for the first game being Brighton (my birthday!!).

So I would personally guess that that if the above is true, that would should hear something this week re test events and maybe even an opening. Again that's my opinion, but yeah, just thought I'd share the info.

If I hear anything this week from my source I will of course share.

COYS.

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that god's got a sick sense of humour
And when I die
I expect to find him laughing

"Feeling unknown and you're all alone, flesh and bone by the telephone / Lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer / Take second best put me to the test / Things on your chest you need to confess / I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver / Reach out and touch faith."

Its as though Dave and Co had a portal to the future.

"Feeling unknown and you're all alone, flesh and bone by the telephone / Lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer / Take second best put me to the test / Things on your chest you need to confess / I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver / Reach out and touch faith."

Got to love a bit of DM.

Maybe I’m going mad, but I’ve got this niggling feeling that we’re gonna cling on to the coat tails of Liverpool and City, then the stadium will open, giving the whole club a boost, and we’ll go on and win the league.
I don't see it tbh, we have to beat both away, as well as Chelsea; then also Woolwich, West Ham and Everton at home. Our run in is pretty damn hard

Dave on the phone you say??

tumblr_lpvyl4xAmX1qj9s1io3_250.gif

Back
Top Bottom