New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some much more positive news coming from the UK. We ran the full set of tests this week (something we failed to do two weeks ago) as expected they were not 100% however they were good enough for the Council's inspection team to agree to sign-off on the re-tests only, that's a huge step. It means that once all the re-tests are completed we will receive our certificates and be able to plan our test events. The number MACE was putting forward was 98%, gotta admit that I don't know how many tests there are but if we've only got 2% to go that can't be all that many.

All the emergency services attended NWHL last week, and all have signed off to the Council.

The 'feeling' and I stress it's no more than that, was that if we get past Dortmund we will play CL in NWHL this season ... still a lot to do before that can happen but from being on the floor two weeks ago the smiles were certainly back.

Believe it, don't believe it that's up to you ... but please no whinging ...
It'll be ready to go by last September like you said then.

Woohoo!

8th or 9th time you've said Test events will be commenced soon?

Some much more positive news coming from the UK. We ran the full set of tests this week (something we failed to do two weeks ago) as expected they were not 100% however they were good enough for the Council's inspection team to agree to sign-off on the re-tests only, that's a huge step. It means that once all the re-tests are completed we will receive our certificates and be able to plan our test events. The number MACE was putting forward was 98%, gotta admit that I don't know how many tests there are but if we've only got 2% to go that can't be all that many.

All the emergency services attended NWHL last week, and all have signed off to the Council.

The 'feeling' and I stress it's no more than that, was that if we get past Dortmund we will play CL in NWHL this season ... still a lot to do before that can happen but from being on the floor two weeks ago the smiles were certainly back.

Back in the day we opened Wembley with all sorts of things missing and temporary patches in place - the radio systems (i.e. for emergency services) wasn’t ready so we installed a shipping container style box with a temporary set up in and a load of ugly cabling and antennae to be ready for the first match. It got gradually replaced once the opening day pressure was off. Things don’t have to be perfect, just functional.

I’d be interested to see what this last 2% is. What matters of course is if it’s yet to be tested properly, or it hasn’t been finished yet!

My spider sense is telling me we’ll have an official announcement soon, hopefully this coming week. Tempting fate but...imagine the noise of a CL quarter final there...fuck me

Don't shoot the messenger?

It'll be ready to go by last September like you said then.

Woohoo!

8th or 9th time you've said Test events will be commenced soon?

Show me where I've said that 8 or 9 times, I've said since September that any new test events will only happen when the council gives the approval, that's the way it now works, back in August the Council did give approval for two test events they even posted road closure and bus diversion notices. It was MACE (and Spurs) who called them off when the realised the safety systems weren't working. Do you suffer from short term memory issues?

if you have nothing to add why do you bother posting? You'll just get Paddy all fired up with his negative comments ..... no doubt they're incoming !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Show me where I've said that 8 or 9 times, I've always said the test events will only happen when the council gives the approval, that's the way it works .... if you have nothing to add why do you bother posting? You'll just get Paddy all fired up with his negative comments ..... no doubt incoming !!!!!!!!
I'm exaggerating.

You did say it should be ready to go in September-ish time though.

So don't mind me if I think you and your anonymous source who tells you about transfers, contract dealings and stadium updates on a weekly basis are full of shit and to date, has provided ZERO accurate information.

I'm exaggerating.

You did say it should be ready to go in September-ish time though.

So don't mind me if I think you and your anonymous source who tells you about transfers, contract dealings and stadium updates on a weekly basis are full of shit and to date, has provided ZERO accurate information.

Lol not quite zero but not far off, he has promised me tickets when I'm over in April, just won't tell me what stadium they will be for .... fingers crossed

Back in the day we opened Wembley with all sorts of things missing and temporary patches in place - the radio systems (i.e. for emergency services) wasn’t ready so we installed a shipping container style box with a temporary set up in and a load of ugly cabling and antennae to be ready for the first match. It got gradually replaced once the opening day pressure was off. Things don’t have to be perfect, just functional.

I’d be interested to see what this last 2% is. What matters of course is if it’s yet to be tested properly, or it hasn’t been finished yet!

My spider sense is telling me we’ll have an official announcement soon, hopefully this coming week. Tempting fate but...imagine the noise of a CL quarter final there...fuck me

'Back in the day we opened Wembley with all sorts of things missing and temporary patches in place - the radio systems (i.e. for emergency services) wasn’t ready so we installed a shipping container style box with a temporary set up in and a load of ugly cabling and antennae to be ready for the first match. It got gradually replaced once the opening day pressure was off. Things don’t have to be perfect, just functional.'

A different mindset these days. Things need to be near perfect to get past anything to do with fire safety these days - and 'work arounds' such as you describe are frowned upon.

'Back in the day we opened Wembley with all sorts of things missing and temporary patches in place - the radio systems (i.e. for emergency services) wasn’t ready so we installed a shipping container style box with a temporary set up in and a load of ugly cabling and antennae to be ready for the first match. It got gradually replaced once the opening day pressure was off. Things don’t have to be perfect, just functional.'

A different mindset these days. Things need to be near perfect to get past anything to do with fire safety these days - and 'work arounds' such as you describe are frowned upon.
Haha - still in the same game mate :) Fk me 12yrs now, learned a lot on that project. Functionally, what we did was perfect, it was just ugly as sin and temporary. The difference was there was much more pressure to finish. Spurs seem able to cope with this delay, which is a good thing as costs would have exploded otherwise. Mind you, there were far more vested (and positive) interests in Wembley back then. The police in particular were very supportive and helpful, don’t know what the case is at NWHL

I don't care if you are a wummer

I am totally accepting that that particular bit of info you have done us wonderful service by including not just the in the know society, is faithfully carried and of its origin no less than wholly true .

And you know why ... because it's the fuckin news I've been desperate to hear

Keep your ear to the ground Kokspud

free weekend now opens up a possible test event March 16/17?... safety certificate pending of course

10 days notice means everything all clear by March 6.

(all wishful thinking on my part)

Maybe I’m going mad, but I’ve got this niggling feeling that we’re gonna cling on to the coat tails of Liverpool and City, then the stadium will open, giving the whole club a boost, and we’ll go on and win the league.

Back
Top Bottom