New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure I'll ever do the roof walk...
BpNyTHS.png

I'm absolutely certain I won't

image.php

The 'stump' of the crane on the north west of the stadium is just being lifted by the red mobile crane (which is just to the right of the stump).

The red mobile will start the 2 day 'take down' of the crane on the south west of the stadium (ie to the right of red mobile crane) , probably tomorrow.

Way will then be clear to finish off the paving all along the High Street (ie west side) of the stadium and club shop plus completing the cladding/veil to the stadium over the next few weeks

Edit :
....and the north west crane is gone ! (erected in about April 2016 as the first crane on site so it did a great job for us !)
image.php
I'm going to get all SSC on your ass...the first crane was inside the stadium...
KfB7o5K_d.jpg

As supporters I think we need more from the club.
On Saturday we should have all been looking forward to a momentous day in the history of THFC but now we are looking for any bit of hearsay from any source wherever it comes from and treating it as gospel.
I actually thought that the club was starting to treat us loyal supporters with a bit of respect over the last few years but this is now turning into a bit of a farce.
Just Tell Us The Truth..THFC&A.CO.LTD

On Saturday we should have all been looking forward to a momentous day in the history of THFC but now we are looking for any bit of hearsay from any source wherever it comes from and treating it as gospel.
I actually thought that the club was starting to treat us loyal supporters with a bit of respect over the last few years but this is now turning into a bit of a farce.

If they aren't sure when the safety issues will be resolved what do you want them to say?

I'd much prefer not making promises they can't keep just to keep people like you happy. If they
came out and said they got to be ready by RANDOM DATE and they miss that date it looks even worse than silence until they know for a fact what is happening.

The truth goes something like "we don't yet know" ... does that help?

Every time a statement on this comes out, immediately the press write new headlines along the lines of "More delays to new Tottenham Stadium" and shit like that. No point saying something until they know for sure or they'll be crucified.

Every time a statement on this comes out, immediately the press write new headlines along the lines of "More delays to new Tottenham Stadium" and shit like that. No point saying something until they know for sure or they'll be crucified.
Well looking at the stadium now its clear to say it was more than wiring that prevented it opening this weekend..

The truth is they can’t give a date and that’s what you’ve been told.

Just because we want to know more doesn’t mean they are lying or disrespecting the fans.
Disrespecting us would be rushing the job through and cutting corners at the expense of your safety.

I think its just that they don't know 100% yet and they want to be certain this time that everything will be right.

Can you imagine if they came out and gave another date and then had to change the venue again. To get it wrong once is not what we wanted but these things happen, to get it wrong again would make us look like a right bunch of fools.

Back
Top Bottom