New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not being able to open on safety grounds is a bit of a joke when you look at how unsafe other teams grounds are.

There's no way the ground in it's current condition is less safe than Selhurst Park, they aren't being judged on the same criteria imo.

It's the same for all building work. New builds have to 100% be to the current codes, any renovation work isn't unless you change it's use (business to residential etc)

It was like that already, even after the delay was announced. I don't remember this match being listed as "TBC"

all the games apart from Fulham were Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before the delay was announced. But the fact they've actively updated all but this to Wembley Stadium gives us hope!

The biggest clue to the Club's intention remains (talking about the ManCity game on 29 October) :

Despite the possibility that our new stadium could be ready to host this match, this would not be known until much closer to the date of the game

New Stadium, Manchester City and Champions League Group Stage Fixtures Update

The 'possibility' was obviously dependent in being confident of when the 'safety system issues' would be resolved plus the other build programme where inclement weather (eg. high winds when Spurs wanted to remove cranes) could cause delays.

So the Chelsea game could still be the first to be held in NWHL, but as I posted earlier, Spurs will prefer to get everything that more complete before ,making an announcement, and given lead times for fans travel and TV company schedules I think Spurs will wait until about the end of September before confirming the dates of test events and the venue for Chelsea on 24 November - any Club announcement before the end of the month is a bit of a bonus.

Been a discussion on SSC on the need to use a blown up version of the old cockerel...until a guy did this...
Original size...
EvIHL5i.jpg

New big fuck off version...
fEy84mk.jpg

Beeb taking the piss once more..

FIFA19: Tottenham fans can take 'virtual' look inside new stadium

"safety issues" reporting it as a sarcastic slur.

wankmittens the lot of them
Ignoring the BBC spin for a second (as is becoming an increasing recurrence) looking at the images from FIFA 19 is a whole new holy shit moment.

It's actually more sophisticated/photorealistic than anything the club has put out thus far. Seeing it with the scale of an 'actual' crowd... wow.
:lamelashock:

Ignoring the BBC spin for a second (as is becoming an increasing recurrence) looking at the images from FIFA 19 is a whole new holy shit moment.

It's actually more sophisticated/photorealistic than anything the club has put out thus far. Seeing it with the scale of an 'actual' crowd... wow.
:lamelashock:

Yeah, this is the thing. Everyone else is having their fun with the delays, but when you wrap your head around what’s coming, everyone else is gonna look like shit.

From SSC :

Mickey Hazard has just said on The Spurs Show from Monday night that he thinks the next test event (which he will be a part of) will be in 2 weeks time and be a legends game with an 50k attendance.

Personally I'd be very surprised if a test event in 2 weeks time would be for more than say 25k as I doubt all the entrances and insides would meet Spurs expectations of cleanliness (it is a building site right now), so Spurs would restrict access to the most finished and clean areas of the stadium - and certainly not the south stand.

Give another 4 weeks and I'd guess a 50k attendance could be accommodated, using 'safe' if not completed parts of the stadium, based upon a guess of how the exterior is coming on.

image.php

The 'stump' of the crane on the north west of the stadium is just being lifted by the red mobile crane (which is just to the right of the stump).

The red mobile will start the 2 day 'take down' of the crane on the south west of the stadium (ie to the right of red mobile crane) , probably tomorrow.

Way will then be clear to finish off the paving all along the High Street (ie west side) of the stadium and club shop plus completing the cladding/veil to the stadium over the next few weeks

Edit :
....and the north west crane is gone ! (erected in about April 2016 as the first crane on site so it did a great job for us !)
image.php

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom