New Spurs kit (unveiled July 12)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've followed spurs for about two years now but have never got a shirt as I don't play footy much and have been pretty skint. But now I feel is the time to splash out, I fancy getting a long sleeved away shirt for this season but also fancy one of the old investec home shirts as they look pretty decent and are only £15 on the spurs shop atm (£25 with name and number).

But the question is... whose name do I get on the back? I'm considering Parker and Sandro as they're both such beasts :parker: :sandro: but now I'm thinking I should maybe get :ledley: as it was his last season... or I could always go for the classic :baletroll:

anybody got any tips?

Blanchflower said:
go for John Chiedozie then

Well according to wiki "he showed great pace but was often the victim of over zealous defenders". Sounds like a good lad but I'm not sure he was quite what I was thinking of...

Just been to try both shirts on and very surprised to find I actually preferred the home shirt in person. It's the shoulders that ruin the away one for me and the fact the home kit looks so much better when you actually try it on.

So - long story short - I have two home shirts (one replica cos I'm impatient and one authentic cos I didn't communicate with the wife).

I've worn the replica couple of times and it is in great condition, but don't like my chances for a sale .... so is there anyone stateside who bought something else in a size Small and might consider a trade?

Hoping for the away (maybe someone doesn't like the shoulders), but realistically a training shirt would do.

Big shot in the dark but figured it can't hurt.

Cheers and COYS.

I think I'm probably one of the older members of this forum, and in all that time we've always had a home kit that was basically white shirt and navy blue shorts. I'd like to know who decided this year would be all white.

Habanero said:
I think I'm probably one of the older members of this forum, and in all that time we've always had a home kit that was basically white shirt and navy blue shorts. I'd like to know who decided this year would be all white.

125 home kit and 85-87 where both all white

After seeing the kit in the flesh I agree, I don't mind the silver flashes on the sleeve but the raglan silver bits on the shoulders I'm not so sure about, I think the grey side panels are too big as well. I also think all white kit should be for cup competition only, though I remember seeing us in all white on one of our last pre-seasons so we could see navy shorts in the league. I'm undecided on the away shirt, the chevrons are a sticking point.

hellomiles said:
After seeing the kit in the flesh I agree, I don't mind the silver flashes on the sleeve but the raglan silver bits on the shoulders I'm not so sure about, I think the grey side panels are too big as well. I also think all white kit should be for cup competition only, though I remember seeing us in all white on one of our last pre-seasons so we could see navy shorts in the league. I'm undecided on the away shirt, the chevrons are a sticking point.

When you are wearing it you can't even see the chevrons, plus in winter you'll have a jacket/coat to cover them up anyway if you didn't like them.

Back
Top Bottom