New Spurs kit (unveiled July 12)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stanners said:
Marty funkhouser said:
Forgive me for not going through all the previous pages but , Are we going to be playing in all white this season , i know it's a euro tradition thing but i'm yet to see any picture of a player wearing a white shirt with navy shorts .

In all seriousness, type http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com into your browser, the home kit is all over the front page.

Just seems strange that we have outed our traditional colour shorts without an explanation

Éperons said:
Marty funkhouser said:
Just seems strange that we have outed our traditional colour shorts without an explanation
Odd, I thought we did the opposite… the navy shorts have gone back into the closet.

No, navy shorts have always been Spurs domestically... and navy socks as well for the most part. Preston style.

The reason we play in all white now, I assume, is because our most successful teams have - be it in cup finals, Europe, or even the 125 year season when we last won a trophy. We want a new era of success. Madrid & Nicholson style.

I still prefer the navy shorts and socks though.

Blanchflower said:
The only 'reason' for doing it is that makes the likelihood of being able to flog the replicas better.......if they produce a near identical kit every year sales will go down
surely only short sales, and as far as i know only kids buy the shorts, and they will buy any old shit

dmarchantthfc said:
Blanchflower said:
The only 'reason' for doing it is that makes the likelihood of being able to flog the replicas better.......if they produce a near identical kit every year sales will go down
surely only short sales, and as far as i know only kids buy the shorts, and they will buy any old shit

I usually buy a pair of shorts in the sale to play football in.

Park Lane James said:
Not a fan of wearing all-white in domestic competitions, navy shorts is traditional.
tottenham_hotspur_1947-1948.gif
tottenham_hotspur_1959-1963.gif

Damn right... if it was good enough for THIS lot in days gone by, it's good enough for OUR modern-day lot!

Came home from work on Friday and the wife had bought me the away top as a thank you for being very considerate and helpful with everything since she became pregnant and we've moved into the new house :avblol:

Got the home shirt from the missus as one of my birthday presents. Fits me perfectly, best fit on a shirt for a long time, the material feels like a better quality than what Puma used.

Missus got it directly from Spurs so was slightly ripped-off.

Tried to buy a kit today. What a fucking waste of an afternoon. Went into two sports direct stores that were complete fuckkng shit holes, looked like someone had loaded all the stock into a cannon and fied it at a wall. They had one child sized kit of this season. And a 30 quid priced last year one. Asked the girl if they had anymore and she asked if we were still in the prem :avbfacepalm: guess I will have to get it online, but I really wanted to try it on first.

Tucker said:
Tried to buy a kit today. What a fucking waste of an afternoon. Went into two sports direct stores that were complete fuckkng shit holes, looked like someone had loaded all the stock into a cannon and fied it at a wall. They had one child sized kit of this season. And a 30 quid priced last year one. Asked the girl if they had anymore and she asked if we were still in the prem :avbfacepalm: guess I will have to get it online, but I really wanted to try it on first.

Maybe she was mega-trolling you.

Either way that's fucking hilarious.

Stanners said:
Tucker said:

Maybe she was mega-trolling you.

Either way that's fucking hilarious.

Yeah and this in the shop directly over the road from the liberty stadium.

Back
Top Bottom