New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
van gaal certainly has the leadership and father mentality needed in our dressing room

however he is 1) managing netherlands at the world cup and 2) is quite mental. not sure how he and levy would get on.
I was reading that Van Gaal is known as a slow starter, and sometimes takes 2-3 seasons for players to understand what he wants. Admittedly, this was stated on wiki, but the irony of this coupled with itchy trigger finger Levy, amused me!
That said, he has some credentials and history.
I would still love to land Rafa.

There's only so many times you can ask someone why they think its ok to judge someones entire future on one game (their only ever game) with a squad decimated by injuries and suspensions in a non priority match where it was important to rest certain players.

"Sherwood is a caretaker" is not an answer.

Still waiting for one, so no reason to counter that post.

Then you should have read Listers post outlining the remit of a caretaker manager, which explains why his initial response was "what do you believe the remit of a caretaker manager is?"

Holland only have 2 friendlies between now and then, I cant imagine us NOT pushing to get him in ASAP.

If of course he is interested.

Or even if there is any truth to it.

He looks a bit, well, mental....

63em.jpg

I don't know if his regimental seriousness would go down well....

then again, who knows what the answer really is

http://nos.nl/artikel/589857-van-ga...po_cc_skip_wall=1&npo_cc=na&npo_rnd=761941537
Louis van Gaal has Sunday night opposite the NOS responded to his possible appointment at Tottenham Hotspur. The national coach connect a job sharing for the World Cup, but confirmed his desire to still in the Premier League.

The NOS know from a reliable source that Van Gaal Sunday along with Chairman Daniel Levy of Tottenham Hotspur at home in front of the tube in Noordwijk was looking at Tottenham's game against Southampton. In addition, the two about a possible contract.

Brokers
Vega denied the visit by Levy and not the interest of Tottenham wanted to confirm. "I have also read that Frank de Boer and Guus Hiddink in the picture were", the national coach. "Do that all brokers. That they find interesting. Whether it is really so, you never know. I never give comments on offers that I get. "

About his possible contacts with the Spurs held the head coach on the surface. "I have said that I want to work in the Premier League, so chances are," said Van Gaal. "There is a time when it is known and there is a time that that need to be prepared. Then there is no place for the media. "

No job sharing
NOS Studio Football presenter Jack van Gelder brought out the message Sunday that Tottenham Van Gaal has approached. The Spurs want him attract directly, preferably by which according to the club from London a combination with his work as head coach of the Dutch national football team.

Van Gaal, however, prefer a commitment after the World Cup. In that case, it should first appoint an interim coach Tottenham. A duo-course closed the national coach. "Anyone who knows me knows that I don't do," said Van Gaal. "That is certainly not the case."

Stop or Premier League
The 62-year-old Van Gaal has as national coach at the NFL a contract that will run until the end of the World Cup of 2014. Then he would basically put an end to his coaching career, but he has indicated several times in the past as a manager in the English top again to want to work.

On 31 May this year, at a press conference in Hoenderloo, gave the national coach also already demonstrated his interest in an English adventure. "As I think about it now, I stop with it, with coaching. Farewell. But like a beautiful Premier League-club will report its State, I want to even consider doing that, "said Van Gaal then.

For the time being, disappointing the season for Tottenham Hotspur. After the 5-0 defeat against Liverpool last week took the club say goodbye to trainer André Villas-Boas. Under the direction of Assistant Tim Sherwood won the Spurs Sunday with 3-2 at Southampton.

Back
Top Bottom