New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure he'd leave Napoli for a job as volatile as ours.

Also, cut from a similar cloth to AVB.

Finally, he resembles a fat Spanish waiter.

So all we want is a worse looking version of AVB who is currently employed by an Italian team in the Champions League to drop down to our level and fuck his job security in the ear.

:levystare:: Game on.

Twitter is carnage.

Too absurd seeing people who slagged AVB for lack of experience are all to happy to give Sherwood (and Freund for the matter) their "deserved chances".

Deserved why, exactly? For being bang on mediocre players in the worst periods of the latter 20 years of Spurs?

Sacking AVB will truly be taking the piss if we gamble on someone, whoever, with no (zero, nada, nil, ingen, kein, "0") experience in football managment. We may as well appoint Jamie Redknapp & Michael Owen.

Or two random TFC posters, for the matter.

Lots of people are idiots and have been against AVB since the beginning. They are enjoying the moment of whatever. But ultimately we just need to ignore them and get behind Sherwood regardless. We should be behind him simply because he is our manager and for no other reason.

If we take out our rage at AVB being fired on Sherwood or whoever else we may hire than we are no better than the people who clung to Redknapp while slagging off AVB from the beginning. I'll remember AVB very fondly but I'm fully behind Sherwood now. Only thing to do.

These civil wars that happen within the fanbase are a big reason why the atmosphere are shit. I loved AVB but holding a vendetta against Sherwood is just another way to guarantee we'll end up in the same stupid bickering spot as we were before. We have to be better than the people who tried to undermine AVB at every turn. It is what is best for the club and that's what matters.

Bang on.

Sherwood, Capello, whoever. They are topics for TFC, Twitter and pub talk. In the ground we need to support the team.

Really that should go without saying, but the sheer amount of aggro all around the place kind of makes it relevant to bring up.

Surely, when we chooce to terminate the contract of a manager with a historic high win %, sitting 7th, 8 pts off the league leaders, 66 pts yet to play for, one is allowed to say, that a club like Spurs should hope for a slightly more intelligent approach than appointing just someone, and "see how he gets on", right?

That has nothing to do with Sherwood himself. Sure I don't like him much, but I very much respect the fact that a whole lot of football people seem to rate him highly, at least in the coaching and technical coordinating regards. However it doesn't change the fact, that he is nobody at all and has no experience at all at managing a big clubs first team in a top division.

I don't like Capello much either. But at least he is a sledgehammer of a presence to footballers and someone with a proven track record and an iron will. Kind of puts things in perspective, used purely as an example of the anti-thesis to the choice we've made.

Norse, if I'm completely honest I really don't know who I want as manager at the moment, the person I did want has just been sacked!

But it's the situation we find ourselves in at the moment, and while it is not an ideal scenario I have no problem seeing what he has to bring to the table. Like you said people who know a lot more about the game than me hold him in high regard so who am I to put him down?

He might not have managerial experience in the top flight but he knows the club and he knows the system, and look I'm not saying he should be the manager, just making the point that people should ease off him (not aimed at you) until we at least see what he offers.

Twitter is carnage.

Too absurd seeing people who slagged AVB for lack of experience are all to happy to give Sherwood (and Freund for the matter) their "deserved chances".

Deserved why, exactly? For being bang on mediocre players in the worst periods of the latter 20 years of Spurs?

Sacking AVB will truly be taking the piss if we gamble on someone, whoever, with no (zero, nada, nil, ingen, kein, "0") experience in football managment. We may as well appoint Jamie Redknapp & Michael Owen.

Or two random TFC posters, for the matter.

That would also mean we'd actually sign Altidore.:gio:

I heard that the president of Napoli was very unhappy with him for not qualifying - what I heard was the president entered during one of Benitez' press conferences and actually made his stance clear on how he wasn't happy.

I wouldn't say no to Benitez.
fair enough I didn't know about that. I still wouldn't bring someone in permanently till the end of the season, I'd have Sherwood in for a couple then Hoddle for the rest. Obviously if he does well he might stay on but more than likely we'll get someone like Benitez in

Norse, if I'm completely honest I really don't know who I want as manager at the moment, the person I did want has just been sacked!

But it's the situation we find ourselves in at the moment, and while it is not an ideal scenario I have no problem seeing what he has to bring to the table. Like you said people who know a lot more about the game than me hold him in high regard so who am I to put him down?

He might not have managerial experience in the top flight but he knows the club and he knows the system, and look I'm not saying he should be the manager, just making the point that people should ease off him (not aimed at you) until we at least see what he offers.

That is a good post.

Let me just repeat - my concerns are my opinion only and rather aimed at Levy than Sherwood himself.

Whenever at the ground our full support should be guaranteed. Personally I hope he gets a huge cheer, if nothing else to spur him on.

I heard that the president of Napoli was very unhappy with him for not qualifying - what I heard was the president entered during one of Benitez' press conferences and actually made his stance clear on how he wasn't happy.

I wouldn't say no to Benitez.
A lot of rumours going about that Benitez has jacked in Napoli tonight.

I'd like to see him here, except for the shit I gave Scousers and Chelscums about him over the years.

Back
Top Bottom