New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm liking the De Boer angle more and more with the style, the person, the links he has and Vert/Eriksen thing - plus he was part of a dutch side that looked amazing in my World Cup 94 sticker album

if we get maradona as our manager so help me God - i don't know what i'll do, probably shoot something and take an icecream cone away from a young child

Maradona.jpg

Baldini is mates with Capello so I can foresee the possibility of Capello managing both the Russian national team and us till the World Cup, then us after that....

Expect Sherwood et al for the interim

Baldini is mates with Capello so I can foresee the possibility of Capello managing both the Russian national team and us till the World Cup, then us after that....

Expect Sherwood et al for the interim
Fuck that. I don't want someone splitting their time between us and those Reds.

Whoever it is he'll get a free pass with the whole "imagine what he would have been able to do in a FULL season with us" card. No doubt certain posters would self-implode when they hear that.

Please can anyone else see Frank De Boer the best on the list? won 3 Ajax titles which means not much but means he has taken them as far as he can, knows everyone, can play spursy, knows Eriksen and Jan personally who we should be building team around, for me he is the one - better than anyone else on list as can be a long term project more vitality and personality than AVB but still technical in his approach

Look at this - even has the Europa backdrop - perfect
cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Last edited:
Klinnsman would be able to turn the team around. He did it with the US national team and they have a lot less talent available. Although I don't want to see him leave the national team, I think he would do a great job with the Spurs

Klinnsman would be able to turn the team around. He did it with the US national team and they have a lot less talent available. Although I don't want to see him leave the national team, I think he would do a great job with the Spurs
his club office would be in miami klinsman doesnt really want the dirty work of club management

Personally I don't agree with the sacking of avb, should have at least let him finish this season. If we could get a long term candidate then I would say try for Frank de Boer. Only 43, plays great attacking football and already will be reconnecting with vert and erikson. Vert himself said de Boer was the best managher he had ever worked with. I also think de Boer has shown great strength in winning the league with Ajax 3 seasons in a row while losing his best players every season.

Back
Top Bottom