New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
De Boer - Said no.
Hiddink - Just signed new contract
Pochettino - Said he doesn't like the structure for our managing position
Laudrup - Pretty much the same

Other managers are ruling us out by the day.

:avbfacepalm:

If it did Levy would have married it by now. Hell, maybe he has. I've placed all my hope in Sherwood for now.

I should probably clarify that to find this hope I had to dig very, very deep. Not because I don't believe Sherwood's good enough but because I think even Bill Nic would struggle right now.

De Boer - Said no.

No he didnt. His agent said he heard through sources we were interested but we hadnt contacted Ajax so he had nothing more to say. Only Ajax to worry about.

Pretty standard stuff, would be extremely poor form to talk about another job without anything officially on the table wouldnt it?

Hiddink - Just signed new contract
With Holland right? To take over in the summer? Would only even have been an interim option for us, and even then an extremely long shot.

Pochettino - Said he doesn't like the structure for our managing position
Said he doesnt like players being brought without his input. I refer you to FErdinands comments the other day - AVB may have been presented with players rather than identifying them - but he gave them all the ok.
Sounds very much like what Pochettino does now at Southampton:
"Without my agreement no signings go through, and those two basic things are very important for any manager."

"Without my agreement" not "I do the deals"

Laudrup - Pretty much the same
It seems so. If this and other comments are taken as they sound he doesnt have the desire for this sort of job. In which case I would be happier for him to acknowledge that now and not get involved than take over and fuck it up

No he didnt. His agent said he heard through sources we were interested but we hadnt contacted Ajax so he had nothing more to say. Only Ajax to worry about.

Pretty standard stuff, would be extremely poor form to talk about another job without anything officially on the table wouldnt it?

With Holland right? To take over in the summer? Would only even have been an interim option for us, and even then an extremely long shot.

Said he doesnt like players being brought without his input. I refer you to FErdinands comments the other day - AVB may have been presented with players rather than identifying them - but he gave them all the ok.
Sounds very much like what Pochettino does now at Southampton:
"Without my agreement no signings go through, and those two basic things are very important for any manager."

"Without my agreement" not "I do the deals"

It seems so. If this and other comments are taken as they sound he doesnt have the desire for this sort of job. In which case I would be happier for him to acknowledge that now and not get involved than take over and fuck it up

Maybe it's just me being extremely pessimistic then.

I love the way that managers like Hoddle and Laudrup are being rubbished on here, or are being dismantled for the chasms in their technical and tactical knowledge by people with next to fuck all knowledge of the game.
What the club needs to glue the team back together is someone like Redknapp, who is first and foremost a man manager and motivator - to get the players working as a team, thinking as a unit and buying into the way the team will play. I'm not saying get him back in - but someone with that skill in large doses.
To my way of thinking we have all of the skillsets we need, we just need to imbue them with self belief and motivate them to the task in hand.

Maybe it's just me being extremely pessimistic then.

It was one of those, the headline (which everyone sees) had next to nothing to do with the actual content (which not everyone gets to).

For example. ESPN HEadline:
De Boer not interested in Tottenham job
The actuall comment:
Currently the manager of Ajax, De Boer is committed to the club, as his agent Guido Albers has played down the links with the Dutchman.
"Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax," Albers told Voetbal International.
"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/267653.html#j61C3fYQk31IeKby.99

Doesnt really add up does it?

No they dont, not really. Fergie, Moyes and Graham are the only ones that spring to mind as successful here (and there would be plenty debating how successful).

For some reason there seem to be more Scottish managers than any other nationality in the uk, but very few are actually good/succesful. They pop up, have one bright start and then fall down the leagues...

It was one of those, the headline (which everyone sees) had next to nothing to do with the actual content (which not everyone gets to).

For example. ESPN HEadline:
De Boer not interested in Tottenham job
The actuall comment:
Currently the manager of Ajax, De Boer is committed to the club, as his agent Guido Albers has played down the links with the Dutchman.
"Through various channels it has become clear to me that Spurs are interested, but the club has not approached Ajax," Albers told Voetbal International.
"So for us there is not much to say about it. Frank focuses entirely on Ajax."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/267653.html#j61C3fYQk31IeKby.99

Doesnt really add up does it?
What about quotes like this ... from the actual FdB:

So yeah, that's pretty much a no for me.
I think we are being too naive or optimistic to think FdB would come.

Yes, money does talk, but I think managers are now being little wary of us due to our recent sacking spree. Plus when you think of how similar FdB is to AVB, we can see why FdB may be a little cautious about this move.

I'd just stick with Sherwood; I fancy his chances here. Plus we would have a better shot for FdB (or any manager) in the Summer.

Thanks, I hadnt seen them. I still wonder if they are just standard platitudes a manager makes when no official approach is made.

Either way Id certainly not stick with Sherwood, at all. After Wednesday I dont fancy his chances whatsoever, perhaps he can swing it for me more on Sunday but Im not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom