New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Time and again a sports firms design team who get/will be paid a lot of money to come up with football kit designs are so of the mark wondered if any of them do any reasearch or heaven forbid consult their target market the fans they might get on better!

I gave up long ago on 'modern' kit designs... and bought one of these on e-bay recently....

Spurskit1980.jpg

A bit 'zingy' in the Summer... but still better looking than anything the young trendy hipster designers THINK we want in a kit!

Last edited:
Time and again a sports firms design team who get/will be paid a lot of money to come up with football kit designs are so of the mark wondered if any of them do any reasearch or heaven forbid consult their target market the fans they might get on better!

They have an impossible job. They have to make a new kit every year when all the fans want is to stick with the classics.

Blame the clubs, not the designers. If you have to make a new design every year, you have to come up with all sorts of goofy stuff.

What, so you think the shirts are designed with 45 year old fat Dave, who wears his Spurs shirt down tesco on a Saturday afternoon in mind and not the million pound sports star who runs around in it for 90mins every Saturday? Leave it out.

I'd bet my mortgage that "Nike" spend millions on product development each year to ensure they're are associated with the most relevant and scuccesful sports teams / individuals.

Doubt their product development team even think about "Fat Dave" at the supermarket.

They have an impossible job. They have to make a new kit every year when all the fans want is to stick with the classics.

Blame the clubs, not the designers. If you have to make a new design every year, you have to come up with all sorts of goofy stuff.
Yeah your probably right your gonna please some of the the people some of the time but not all of the people all the time! Older ones will want up dated retro but young ones they want bells and whistles on their kit.

What, so you think the shirts are designed with 45 year old fat Dave, who wears his Spurs shirt down tesco on a Saturday afternoon in mind and not the million pound sports star who runs around in it for 90mins every Saturday? Leave it out.

I'd bet my mortgage that "Nike" spend millions on product development each year to ensure they're are associated with the most relevant and scuccesful sports teams / individuals.

Doubt their product development team even think about "Fat Dave" at the supermarket.
Well they fucking should do.
Yours Sincerely

Fat Dave (crisps aisle)

:angryscouser:

Is fat Dave’s money not important?

Poor old fat Dave is really getting it in the neck today....

He only wants a beer and a kit he can squeeze into, without being the hot topic of Internet message boards!
Poor fat fucker!

As a Fat Dave myself I can say that myself and all other Fat Daves look like shit in all Nike clothing and therefore Nike is very right in only caring about what Dele and Harry think and telling Fat Dave to fuck off.

As a Fat Dave myself I can say that myself and all other Fat Daves look like shit in all Nike clothing and therefore Nike is very right in only caring about what Dele and Harry think and telling Fat Dave to fuck off.
Sorry mate but the fat Daves in the world are the majority(I know that's a thread on its own for OFF TOPIC,but not for today) they are important as anyone else if not more Nike,adidas or ever should relise that! Fat shaming is a crime...:cautious: #savefatdave

I bet they do. its all the fat dave's they want to be parting with 60 quid.

It's the most important. Harry Kane will not pay for a thing thats Nike Branded for as long as he wears their boots.
Fat Dave pays for it all
Its all marketing. kit deals are marketing. Of course, they want to be associated with winners, so the teams they think will win stuff get the most money, but even supplying kits for Buttfuck FC in league 2 is about selling more Nike stuff.
I first tried Under Armour stuff cos of their association with us. I wouldn't have if they hadn't supplied our kits

It's the most important. Harry Kane will not pay for a thing thats Nike Branded for as long as he wears their boots.
Fat Dave pays for it all
Its all marketing. kit deals are marketing. Of course, they want to be associated with winners, so the teams they think will win stuff get the most money, but even supplying kits for Buttfuck FC in league 2 is about selling more Nike stuff.
I first tried Under Armour stuff cos of their association with us. I wouldn't have if they hadn't supplied our kits
Bare in mind what makes fat Dave fat? MacDonalds,KFC,Burgerking I’m not 100% sure but will some of them or similar not be major sponsors during the World Cup? Ironic yes as it doesn’t promote fitness or healthy eating but so what big sporting events need to be paid for and what takes in the most money or a large amount of it.....food and drink and who’s eating and drinking Dave! So Nike,Adidas,UA or ever needs Dave as do big corporate companies they go hand in hand it’s how it works. Dave buys his football top wears it whilst watching the World Cup eating a macdonalds, therefore Dave is spending his money

Back
Top Bottom