New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

969150123_a04c7f2723.jpg

Before a lot of people’s time, but reminds me of this beauty.
That's an absolute beauty, updated version of that would do just nicely. As I said previously, often the best kits are the most simple designs. This is one is a perfect example.

Agreed. Would be so easy for the club to avoid this though, given that these leaks usually happen after our rivals have launched their kits for the new season.

I really would love to know why the club does it this way.
:deledoubt:

Because they will release it and the most commercially viable time to the UK market... whenever that may be?

Not that I'm particularly bothered either way as I won't buy one, but it does seem pretty pointless?

Because they will release it and the most commercially viable time to the UK market... whenever that may be?

Not that I'm particularly bothered either way as I won't buy one, but it does seem pretty pointless?
Hmm. If they've tapped into the most viable time, it would seem that 99% of football clubs are missing out on this particular trick (which would be very surprising).

Perhaps it's a spurs-specific algorithm that factors in the refractory period to allow heartbreak from the end of the season to subside.
:dierno:

That's an absolute beauty, updated version of that would do just nicely. As I said previously, often the best kits are the most simple designs. This is one is a perfect example.
Problem is... ANY time they release a kit that's simple in design, you're always gonna get some plastic Online Zig-Zag / Chevron / Stars'n'Stripes / Luminous Piss stripe Warrior who will declare it "boring & lazy"

...can't fucking win!

Problem is... ANY time they release a kit that's simple in design, you're always gonna get some plastic Online Zig-Zag / Chevron / Stars'n'Stripes / Luminous Piss stripe Warrior who will declare it "boring & lazy"

...can't fucking win!
And yet one of the busiest shirts we've ever had remains one of the most popular ever :sonhmm:

Tottenham%20Hotspur%201986%20shirt.jpg

I absolutely love this shirt, but wonder what the internet reaction would be if we'd never had that design before and it was released today. I imagine people would properly lose their shit

...can't fucking win!
And yet one of the busiest shirts we've ever had remains one of the most popular ever :sonhmm:

I absolutely love this shirt, but wonder what the internet reaction would be if we'd never had that design before and it was released today. I imagine people would properly lose their shit
Very true in both cases.
There were some images floating around recently of a new Nike version of that Hummel shirt for this season I think but not true obviously. Had that Hummel shirt back in the day. Loved it.
Not possible to please all of the people all of the time!

Last edited:

First shirt I bought for myself

...can't fucking win!

Couldn’t have put it better, I’ve noticed the ones moaning about the plain/boring look of the kit seem to be a fan of a certain variety.

I think the pin stripes and chevrons didn’t overpower the look of the white shirt, whereas navy blocking or piss streaks look ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom