Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rarely been so happy to have been so wrong about a player! Well done Moussa. Hope you can keep it up :thumbup:

PS He needs his own emoji!

dNg4cdm.png

Still find it astonishing how much he has improved this season - I have never been so wrong about a player but very happy to be. Hopefully he can be just as good next season considering we will most likely bring in another CM or two

Lloris

Wan Bissaka
Jan
Sanchez
Toby
Davies

Winks
Sissoko

Dele/Grealish
Son
Bale

Kane

I think the changes above would have far more impact than:

Lloris

KWP
Jan
Sanchez
Toby
Rose

Berge/Rabiot
Ndombele

Dele
Son
Eriksen

Kane

Problems are final third, it’s very obvious.
That “tricky winger” is needed way more than it was 3 years ago

Lloris

Wan Bissaka
Jan
Sanchez
Toby
Davies

Winks
Sissoko

Dele/Grealish
Son
Bale

Kane

Lloris

KWP
Jan
Sanchez
Toby
Rose

Berge/Rabiot
Ndombele

Dele
Son
Eriksen

Kane

Very weak CM - else is good

Very weak CM - else is good

I think you’d be surprised how little you’d notice the perceived frailties of that central midfield if our flanks were stable and we had a driving force like Bale in the AM positions.

That was kind of the point I was making.

You can upgrade the CM all you want, but our problems are in the final third

Arc has a point tho. Both Winks and Moose has as their main strength their ability to drive the ball forward. Both guys are okay defensively (Moose in particular). But neither are an out and out defensive minded midfielder. Something we have been lacking this season and that has cost us.

We would get the most out of both Moose and Winksy in a 4-3-3 with both on either side of a defensive tank in the mold of Wanyama in his first season with us. Alternatively either one next to said tank in a 4-2-3-1.

Arc has a point tho. Both Winks and Moose has as their main strength their ability to drive the ball forward. Both guys are okay defensively (Moose in particular). But neither are an out and out defensive minded midfielder. Something we have been lacking this season and that has cost us.

We would get the most out of both Moose and Winksy in a 4-3-3 with both on either side of a defensive tank in the mold of Wanyama in his first season with us. Alternatively either one next to said tank in a 4-2-3-1.

Put Gattuso in the middle it doesn’t stop Lloris doing a Lloris

Lloris

Wan Bissaka
Jan
Sanchez
Toby
Davies

Winks
Sissoko

Dele/Grealish
Son
Bale

Kane

Lloris

KWP
Jan
Sanchez
Toby
Rose

Berge/Rabiot
Ndombele

Dele
Son
Eriksen

Kane

You'll have to drop one player. Don't think they'll let us play with 12 men, although I believe it would be to our advantage.

Also not sure if Son is at his best in a 4-2-3-1 formation. If we're going to play that formation then I'd like to see something like Grealish, Dele, Eriksen behind Kane.

My preferred option would be a 4-3-3 with a midfield 3 of Winks, Dele and a defensive minded midfielder, like Wanyama in his prime, with Kane, Son and a 3rd up top. The interchanging of Kane dropping deep and Dele pushing into the front 3, or Son going through the middle and Kane going out wide every now and then, I believe would be great to watch.

You'll have to drop one player. Don't think they'll let us play with 12 men, although I believe it would be to our advantage.

Also not sure if Son is at his best in a 4-2-3-1 formation. If we're going to play that formation then I'd like to see something like Grealish, Dele, Eriksen behind Kane.

My preferred option would be a 4-3-3 with a midfield 3 of Winks, Dele and a defensive minded midfielder, like Wanyama in his prime, with Kane, Son and a 3rd up top. The interchanging of Kane dropping deep and Dele pushing into the front 3, or Son going through the middle and Kane going out wide every now and then, I believe would be great to watch.
Haha
Take out Sanchez or Toby from both

Maybe not. But it would certainly lessens the chances Hugo would have of fucking up.
In what way?

How would Gattuso firstly stop Sanchez fucking up a header against the Scum, then have the pace to catch Ramsey, then make Hugo narrow the angle better?

How would he make Hugo not run 40 meters off his line and conceded after 1 minute against Barca?

A DM may well cover the defense, but by your argument we could just as well upgrade Jan and Toby and also protect Hugo better.
Seeing as they are the CBs

Back
Top Bottom