Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read this in the Standard. Dunno as to its veracity.

Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.
So in theory that means that if we sell him next year Newcastle will only receive 6 million? That can't be right.

moussa-sissoko-team-lineup-photo-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg
:kanehand:

:llorishowudoin: "Moussa, I'm so happy you have joined!"

moussa-sissoko-team-lineup-photo-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

"I am the captain now"

Hi guys Everton fan here,Just want to say a massive thank you for helping us dodge a massive bullet with this one. Us Blues are seriously underwhelmed and pissed off with our transfer deadline day too,we were hoping to get a new striker in and Kone from Sunderland,and we ended up with Enner Valencia(Who at least is just on loan so we get to try before we buy) and were linked with this tool looking nailed on. Really feel for you lot,Sissoko is all thats wrong with football teams nowadays,pure mercenary who plays if he feels like it. He even turned his phone off when travelling to the spurs medical because Koeman was ringing to see where he was,not even had the decency to explain he`d changed his mind over the phone. Anyways best of luck for the new season(Sincerely meant) and gutted you guys got Vincent Jannsen was hoping we would :).
I think it is fair to say many who focus on the player rather than the "spend money" no matter who the player is type, don't think much of him. In both terms of on and off the pitch he should be embarrassed with his career to date.

That said, he is now a Tottenham player, wearing our shirt. The pill is easier to swallow because we already have a title contending squad, a very young squad that was founded by standing up to an element of pond life that was hidden within our own ranks. Our Manager backed these young men and promoted them over and above the bigger reputations and fucked off all of the dross. So both players and Management will not stand for cunts, any sign of this bloke acting the cunt and he will not last 5 mins.

Sissoko does not have any excuses anymore. He is not playing in a poor team under a poor manager, as he did so often at Newcastle. He has not joined a stepping stone club. He is where he believes he deserves to be, a club challenging for the title, a Club challenging for trophies, a Champions League team. There is no pressure on Spurs, the pressure is on him and him alone to prove he belongs here.

I trust this team and Manger to deal with pond life, either get them onboard or kick them out. This means whilst he wears our shirt he has my full support.

It might disappoint many to see us paying 30 mil for him. But we have to move along with the inflation. Dun think we can get 12 mil for Nacer 2 months ago. We are buying high, but sell high too. 3 weeks ago I was still thinking Liverpool paid too much for Sadio Mane.
That's the going rate now...
Anyway, look away from the price tag I think Sissoko does improve the squad. He has all the right ingredients to play Poch's pressing game.

It might disappoint many to see us paying 30 mil for him. But we have to move along with the inflation. Dun think we can get 12 mil for Nacer 2 months ago. We are buying high, but sell high too. 3 weeks ago I was still thinking Liverpool paid too much for Sadio Mane.
That's the going rate now...
Anyway, look away from the price tag I think Sissoko does improve the squad. He has all the right ingredients to play Poch's pressing game.
I too thought Mane was inflated and he may not keep it up all season, however if he does he looks a bargain.

Hi guys Everton fan here,Just want to say a massive thank you for helping us dodge a massive bullet with this one. Us Blues are seriously underwhelmed and pissed off with our transfer deadline day too,we were hoping to get a new striker in and Kone from Sunderland,and we ended up with Enner Valencia(Who at least is just on loan so we get to try before we buy) and were linked with this tool looking nailed on. Really feel for you lot,Sissoko is all thats wrong with football teams nowadays,pure mercenary who plays if he feels like it. He even turned his phone off when travelling to the spurs medical because Koeman was ringing to see where he was,not even had the decency to explain he`d changed his mind over the phone. Anyways best of luck for the new season(Sincerely meant) and gutted you guys got Vincent Jannsen was hoping we would :).
according to your owner you pulled the plug because of loyalty to james mccarthy - apparently keeping him was always the priority.

way to retain your dignity Mr Moshiri

Well if you attempt to ignore the outrageous fee that we have paid, the signing itself makes a lot of sense. He can fill in for Dembele when required as the driving force in midfield. He leaves us with four of the best deep lying midfielders in the league to rotate. He also means we can change our style for opposition, ie Dembele and Sissoko to barrage or Dier and Wanyama to wall - or any combo of. He has pace and dribbling ability which we desperately need in the team.

My main concerns are his work ethic, which we can't comment on until he gets underway I suppose, and our lack of a midfield maestro type. I feel like we could really have done with a deep lying passer to unlock teams, but if Poch is happy then I am happy.

Well if you attempt to ignore the outrageous fee that we have paid, the signing itself makes a lot of sense. He can fill in for Dembele when required as the driving force in midfield. He leaves us with four of the best deep lying midfielders in the league to rotate. He also means we can change our style for opposition, ie Dembele and Sissoko to barrage or Dier and Wanyama to wall - or any combo of. He has pace and dribbling ability which we desperately need in the team.

My main concerns are his work ethic, which we can't comment on until he gets underway I suppose, and our lack of a midfield maestro type. I feel like we could really have done with a deep lying passer to unlock teams, but if Poch is happy then I am happy.
agree with this. he definitely has something we lack, which is pace and power and can play multiple positions. If poch can add work ethic to a player of his power and seeming abundance of energy, then he could be some player.

according to your owner you pulled the plug because of loyalty to james mccarthy - apparently keeping him was always the priority.

way to retain your dignity Mr Moshiri
Moshiri, partner of Usminov, who sold up his stake in the gooners to his partner to buy 50% of Everton promising money for players this window -oh don't forget the 'TV money' - actually sold Stones for £47m and bought the same amount in players?

I'm sure he will have positive moments for us and he's shown snippets of brilliance in the PL. but the £30m is still obscene in my view, as is the general point that fans spend so much hard earned money on everything to do with football and yet it is splashed about by clubs in an almost gluttonous manner.
I totally agree that the money in football is obscene, and fans should be treated better. I mean, I'd like to see all clubs reduce ticket prices for fans across the board, as I said on the stub hub thread. But it's difficult for us to do much about this without all clubs agreeing to something like a spending cap, or more stringent financial fair play rewards, or part ownership with the fans. One club alone is not going to change it, if we don't buy players for silly money we will get left behind.

At least Spurs do try and promote the youth players. They often end up somewhere else, like with Mason (or Townsend), but if he had not benefited from our emphasis on youth he most probably would not have a career at such a high level. Same might go for Onomah or Winks in the future.

I think you will find it was Sissoko that dodged the bullet....

After the Liverpool game, Poch mentioned something like we are missing someone like Mane. Then a failed bid for Schneiderlin. Looks like Poch wanted to add pace in attack and another midfielder. Sissoko is that 2-in-1....

Just read this in the Standard. Dunno as to its veracity.

Sissoko was valued at £30million and Tottenham finally agreed to meet that price, although the structure of the payments means Newcastle would receive the full fee — in five instalments of £6m — only if he stays for the duration of his five-year contract.
If this is true, it takes some of the sting out of things.

If this is true, it takes some of the sting out of things.
Well the would be a Levy deal.
If he's here for 3 yrs then we would have paid just over the £15m that made Real, Inter, dortmund, etc interested.
If he's mustard and ends up seeing out his career here, we have had a bargain.
You just don't know do you. Nobody does except a very few.

Back
Top Bottom