Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

The instalments don't mean that if we sell him after year 1 we pay less. £30m is owed, no matter how long he stays at our club

Speaking to Geordie mates, seems like the general impression (after some initial piss taking) is that Sissoko is a genuinely good player with an attitude problem but once he is playing at a level he feels is good enough for him, he will perform. Porch can whip the work rate into him and hopefully he can step up now he's at a decent club

Panic buy however you slice it. I get Levy's usual motives where he can usually get a player on the cheap or sell a player at a premium. But this one right here feels completely different considering his track record. Lets hope he knows something , or for that matter, Poch knows something and was the key man behind this sizeable purchase for a player with way too many red flags for my liking.

The instalments don't mean that if we sell him after year 1 we pay less. £30m is owed, no matter how long he stays at our club

Speaking to Geordie mates, seems like the general impression (after some initial piss taking) is that Sissoko is a genuinely good player with an attitude problem but once he is playing at a level he feels is good enough for him, he will perform. Porch can whip the work rate into him and hopefully he can step up now he's at a decent club
No not if the agreement is 6mill a year for 5 years and a Levy inserted condition "while he stays at the club"?

So will we get the Sissoko of Newcastle or the Euro 16 version? Poch must think the latter, if so this could be a very good signing for us. He offers something different, someone who can run at and past the opposition defence with power and pace. Last season we struggled against defence minded teams and looked a bit one dimensional at times, he could give us a different option to break down those sort of teams.

No not if the agreement is 6mill a year for 5 years and a Levy inserted condition "while he stays at the club"?

The journalist at the Standard who said the thing about not paying if he leaves before 5 years has come out and clarified, it'll cost us £30m no matter when he leaves us, it's just some of the money could come from the sell on fee

While I understand the reservations surrounding sissoko's application (I have some myself), I do not think it's a panic buy. Levy is not the panic buy kind of operator. I can't imagine him feeling under any pressure to purchase.

Even though timing smacks of desperation and poor planning, the fee is not really off the market level. That crazy, perverse market level.

The question which Moussa will show up? The languid, headdropping, slow-turning Newcastle no10, who was really doing nothing much at all in any aspect?

Or the grim wide midfield workhorse of the France Euro16 team, whol ran fullbacks into the ground?

No way to tell. None at all. Which is what makes me slightly uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom