Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I truly fucking hope so. I really do.
However we will not see Skipp at Anfield I fear, we will see Eriksen or Dele there, and if that’s the case, Jose has basically taken 15M a year to be as shit as Poch
I hope to fuck we don't see ANYONE at Anfield this weekend...
They'll be playing on an empty park, in front of an empty stadium!! :mourshock:

I couldn't care less who it is because currently with Sissoko or without Sissoko we are still in a mess. Problems run much much deeper mate

Point is it compounds problems we already have.

Despite spending circa 100m on CMs in the summer, we have 3 injured (+ one ready for the knacker's yard); only Dier, Skipp & GLC remain.

Gotta feel for the guy...
In ANY other given season, him missing a large chunk of it wouldn't have raised a 'meh' ...but this season, he's FINALLY shown a glimpse of what he's capable of.... and now he's out.

Guy can't catch a break!

Jesus, he’s not Maradona but fuck we can’t catch a break....
Two weeks ago people were considering the idea of Woolwich being relegated (pure fantasy) or actually being in a relegation battle.....careful what you spout on social media was the advice, as two or three weeks in football is a long bloody time.....watch this space, we are on our fucking knees right now!!

Time to go shopping, if ever Levy needed to listen to his manager it’s now, and I’m going to say it, we may have to pay “over” market value for the right players.....it’s time to bust the bank if need be for that midfielder we have needed for 3 years now, and yes a stop gap quality striker might be a good idea too.....it’s going to hurt the wallet no doubt about that, but are we a big club these days or not? This month will answer that question 100%.....

Ive defended Levy many many times, I’ve give the cunt money hand over fist (4 season tickets, and I only use mine sparsely these days) and god knows how much shit from that club shop, and all without, or at least minor complaint. But if we don’t spend 100m this window then I’m done with it.
VAR is ruining the game, the pubs around the ground are not as boisterous as they once were (hopefully new stadium novelty wears off) but I can accept it as part of the modern game if my team is doing what it can, this month it needs to start doing it again!!

Just means systems of play are going to have to be employed that work for us.

The truth is that unless Mourinho is given money for players then he will have to adopt a relatively attacking style of play or one that asks our wing backs to understand and get used to the role.

For now it's not ideal but a good test of how we cope without Kane once more and now without Sissoko, who I think has at times been Herculean but have always maintained that if he is our best player then we are an average side. He has at times been our best player.

Point is it compounds problems we already have.

Despite spending circa 100m on CMs in the summer, we have 3 injured (+ one ready for the knacker's yard); only Dier, Skipp & GLC remain.

Yes it's one more problem on top of problems we already have as you say

As I've said hopefully the people making the decisions on and off the pitch finally sit down together and address one of the glaring issues that have been blighting us for a good couple of years and bring in one or two players to properly strengthen our centre midfield. Once the halcyon days of the fit and in form Dier, Demebele and Wanyama came to an end we have been struggling ever since

Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko and the current version of Dier are not the answer now or in the short or long term. Imo Ndombele and GLC are talented players but it looks they are more suited slightly further forward in midfield than in defensive areas and situations

Yes it's one more problem on top of problems we already have as you say

As I've said hopefully the people making the decisions on and off the pitch finally sit down together and address one of the glaring issues that have been blighting us for a good couple of years and bring in one or two players to properly strengthen our centre midfield. Once the halcyon days of the fit and in form Dier, Demebele and Wanyama came to an end we have been struggling ever since

Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko and the current version of Dier are not the answer now or in the short or long term. Imo Ndombele and GLC are talented players but it looks they are more suited slightly further forward in midfield than in defensive areas and situations

TBH, re GLC & Ndombele they're both pretty much as I expected and a good DM was always gonna be key to making them work here.

Yeah apparently are so deep that shitter players will improve us

We don't currently have players at the club who are going to improve us. We can keep changing managers but there won't be a fundamental improvement in results and performances until we recruit the right players

If Skipp doesn’t get any time with Sissoko out, I’d be demanding a loan to begin next season. He will go down the KWP route if we keep hold of him for no reason next season too.

If Skipp doesn’t get any time with Sissoko out, I’d be demanding a loan to begin next season. He will go down the KWP route if we keep hold of him for no reason next season too.

If he hasn't played by the time the window nears closing, find him a last minute loan. If he hasn't played by then, he's not going to.

I’m torn on this, on the one hand it means we will undoubtedly have to play football through midfield instead over it, will have someone in midfield who doesn’t think the ball is a live grenade, and who can actually tackle and wotnot, but on the other hand, who the fuck is going to point at stuff now?
Winks was pointing on Sunday.

We don't currently have players at the club who are going to improve us. We can keep changing managers but there won't be a fundamental improvement in results and performances until we recruit the right players

Yet you are celebrating one of our best performers being out as “better for the team”

Back
Top Bottom