Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When he was available, he was not picked, generally speaking. He was one of Poch's boys and was an automatic starter, no matter how badly he played. I am not saying when Poch fell out of love with him, but I believe he did.

We all say that, yet for some bizarre reason he was subbed on at Leicester just a couple of months ago.

Dembele wanted out in the summer of 2017, but Poch begged him to stay another year. We weren't going to let him leave until we made sure he was ready for the glue factory by flogging him in training.
When he was available, he was not picked, generally speaking. He was one of Poch's boys and was an automatic starter, no matter how badly he played. I am not saying when Poch fell out of love with him, but I believe he did.
If he did want to go to Utd then surely not picking him was correct?

We all say that, yet for some bizarre reason he was subbed on at Leicester just a couple of months ago.
If you think his free from injury and plying just fine the LOL

Dembele wanted out in the summer of 2017, but Poch begged him to stay another year. We weren't going to let him leave until we made sure he was ready for the glue factory by flogging him in training.
And the problem with this is?

If he did want to go to Utd then surely not picking him was correct?
Eriksen wants to leave. But he kept picking him.
If you think his free from injury and playing just fine the LOL
He has lost pace/mobility, but he is not injured. Not the player he was. Worse than Winks, Dier and Sissoko? Really not sure about that. Good enough to come on at Leicester when you want to be fired? Yes, of course.
And the problem with this is?
We shouldn't have been crippling him with our moronic 6-hour bleep tests, etc.
But plays Sissoko in the double pivot.
Yes. Because he has good natural athleticism, and Poch had fallen out of love with Eric, and did not care enough to ask him to lose the 4 stone he piled on from all that emotional eating in the wake of their split. Ndombele's picked up two muscle injuries from all the overtraining, so we are trying to nurse him back to health. After all 3 of our first 3 games, Mourinho said we were suffering from tiredness. Because Poch and the ferret were flogging them at the training complex. And now we will be resting players for the game against Bayern because they are burned out from ludicrous training methods at the beginning of December.

Going to be difficult to keep playing him if Mourinho doesn't see him in the centre of the park. Problem with Sissoko in an advanced / right sided position is that it puts more emphasis on his ability to play incisive passes or crosses which is not his strong suit. Obviously from a defensive stand point it is useful as cover, but it will waste a lot of our attacking option to have him on the pitch with a 2 man deep CM pair or even with a CDM who will also be players who lack incisive passing / focus on defending.

We saw a lot of Sissoko out wide early on in his Spurs career and it was pretty disastrous because of his lack of end product. Having him as a right sided CM in a 3 would work, but it doesn't seem like that is a system that Mourinho wants to play (and also hampers Dele in not being able to occupy the 10)

Could be a bit of a square peg in a round hole situation, which is a shame because although he has many limitations there are aspects of Sissoko's game in which he is better than most of the league.

He has lost pace/mobility, but he is not injured. Not the player he was. Worse than Winks, Dier and Sissoko? Really not sure about that. Good enough to come on at Leicester when you want to be fired? Yes, of course.

Yes. Because he has good natural athleticism, and Poch had fallen out of love with Eric, and did not care enough to ask him to lose the 4 stone he piled on from all that emotional eating in the wake of their split. Ndombele's picked up two muscle injuries from all the overtraining, so we are trying to nurse him back to health. After all 3 of our first 3 games, Mourinho said we were suffering from tiredness. Because Poch and the ferret were flogging them at the training complex. And now we will be resting players for the game against Bayern because they are burned out from ludicrous training methods at the beginning of December.
Who would you have played instead of him? Jose has also played him, what a cunt. eh?

He's absolutely shot mate. But best not spread the word when you're trying to raise some cash via his sale.

Yes, yes we should have. He never played better, more consistently than he did with us under Poch. We sold him when he hit 31!!! Perfect age to be sold and we got a decent fee for him (fucked without him though).

Yes. Because he has good natural athleticism, and Poch had fallen out of love with Eric, and did not care enough to ask him to lose the 4 stone he piled on from all that emotional eating in the wake of their split.
I should stop taking my annual holiday to the moon, I missed all this speculation. Did Alex Jones cover this on his YouTube Channel?

Ndombele's picked up two muscle injuries from all the overtraining, so we are trying to nurse him back to health. After all 3 of our first 3 games, Mourinho said we were suffering from tiredness. Because Poch and the ferret were flogging them at the training complex. And now we will be resting players for the game against Bayern because they are burned out from ludicrous training methods at the beginning of December.
Lol - He picked up a groin injury mid-game you plumb.
Yet, when Jose went back to his old Club, who's accusers said, along with the new management too, they barely trained and were so unfit as a result, they run us off the park last night, following a new training regime. Bodes well for the future.

Who would you have played instead of him? Jose has also played him, what a cunt. eh?

He's absolutely shot mate. But best not spread the word when you're trying to raise some cash via his sale.

Yes, yes we should have. He never played better, more consistently than he did with us under Poch. We sold him when he hit 31!!! Perfect age to be sold and we got a decent fee for him (fucked without him though).

Yes. Because he has good natural athleticism, and Poch had fallen out of love with Eric, and did not care enough to ask him to lose the 4 stone he piled on from all that emotional eating in the wake of their split.
I should stop taking my annual holiday to the moon, I missed all this speculation. Did Alex Jones cover this on his YouTube Channel?

Ndombele's picked up two muscle injuries from all the overtraining, so we are trying to nurse him back to health. After all 3 of our first 3 games, Mourinho said we were suffering from tiredness. Because Poch and the ferret were flogging them at the training complex. And now we will be resting players for the game against Bayern because they are burned out from ludicrous training methods at the beginning of December.
Lol - He picked up a groin injury mid-game you plumb.
Yet, when Jose went back to his old Club, who's accusers said, along with the new management too, they barely trained and were so unfit as a result, they run us off the park last night, following a new training regime. Bodes well for the future.
I am delighted Pochettino is gone. I am delighted Mou is here. But the difference between you and I is that I will make not make endless excuses for anyone-that is your forte. So when I saw the team selection the other night, I remarked on the match thread that I was disappointed with the decision to play Winks and Sissoko together in midfield. If you want a link, I will provide it. I was also disappointed with the substitutions, and the timing of them.

Today Mou is saying that Dier needed a rest after playing 3 consecutive games. And he says Ndombele is not in the best physical condition. Lo Celso is having trouble adapting. The occasion was too big for a novice (Skipp).

And I am well aware that Ndombele picked up the groin strain during a game, you lackey, but that's the kind of thing that is liable to happen when you overtrain your players, isn't it? Muscle injuries.

I am glad Poch is gone for many reasons. One of them was his abysmal succession planning. Five years to sign a cerebral midfielder. I don't need a new right back-I've got Foyth. I know Wanyama is a geriatric but I don't want a DM-I've got Sissoko. Eriksen wants to leave-I will pray to the Univeral Energy for him to change his mind.

It must really make your nuts shrink to think how Levy has betrayed you like this, Guido. It must cut you to the quick. After all the firefighting you have done on his behalf here. Have you thought about turning your guns on him at all? Best chairman in the league, I will have you know.

I am delighted Pochettino is gone. I am delighted Mou is here. But the difference between you and I is that I will make not make endless excuses for anyone-that is your forte. So when I saw the team selection the other night, I remarked on the match thread that I was disappointed with the decision to play Winks and Sissoko together in midfield. If you want a link, I will provide it. I was also disappointed with the substitutions, and the timing of them.

Today Mou is saying that Dier needed a rest after playing 3 consecutive games. And he says Ndombele is not in the best physical condition. Lo Celso is having trouble adapting. The occasion was too big for a novice (Skipp).

And I am well aware that Ndombele picked up the groin strain during a game, you lackey, but that's the kind of thing that is liable to happen when you overtrain your players, isn't it? Muscle injuries.

I am glad Poch is gone for many reasons. One of them was his abysmal succession planning. Five years to sign a cerebral midfielder. I don't need a new right back-I've got Foyth. I know Wanyama is a geriatric but I don't want a DM-I've got Sissoko. Eriksen wants to leave-I will pray to the Univeral Energy for him to change his mind.

It must really make your nuts shrink to think how Levy has betrayed you like this, Guido. It must cut you to the quick. After all the firefighting you have done on his behalf here. Have you thought about turning your guns on him at all? Best chairman in the league, I will have you know.

giphy.gif

All four were unavailable for all of last season, were they?

The first thing Poch should not have done was buy Sissoko. He played him at first, then he blanked him for 18-20 months, then he made him an automatic starter. Cost him his job, you might say.
Pochettino did not buy Sissoko. He was a last minute panic buy by the club given to Pochettino on deadline day because we failed to land our other targets that Summer. Pochettino explained it himself in his book.

Pochettino did not buy Sissoko. He was a last minute panic buy by the club given to Pochettino on deadline day because we failed to land our other targets that Summer. Pochettino explained it himself in his book.
Even the biggest of Spurs anoraks have had tremendous difficulty establishing the degree to which he rated him before he signed for us. He certainly rated him to some extent. Nobody forced Pochettino to agree to his signing, did they? There were other comments and deeds along the way which more than suggested he saw something worthwhile in him. In the end, due in no small part to his perverse favouritism, he was an unquestioned starter. We have seen this kind of thing multiple times from Pochettino. It was sickening, and no way to manage a squad.

What a truly bizarre response. So much pent up anger, let it all out son. go on, let the process sooth your soul.

It's amazing just how many who wanted Poch gone literally can't stop bringing him up ALL THE TIME. Will not stop relating everything back to him. He's not here any more geezer, let it go.

We got Jose at the wheel. A man who's done and changed absolutely fuck all since he's rocked up. Playing the same players, in the same positions, in the same formations as Poch. Loveing the players, that's why he took the job, no rebuild just his mear presence is all that's required to have us challenging Liverpool and City.

Let's get behind the new lad, he's got this.

PRI_105451820-e1575497618752.jpg

What a truly bizarre response. So much pent up anger, let it all out son. go on, let the process sooth your soul.
Look at you, in your dark night of the soul. Gnashing your teeth and pounding your fists on the floor in fury that the best chairman in the world has repaid all of your bootlicking on this forum by inflicting your worst nightmare on you.
He's not here any more geezer, let it go.
That's it, Guido. Now you are learning.

Look at you, in your dark night of the soul. Gnashing your teeth and pounding your fists on the floor in fury that the best chairman in the world has repaid all of your bootlicking on this forum by inflicting your worst nightmare on you.

That's it, Guido. Now you are learning.
Lol at best chairman in the world.

“Mourinho went on to express his belief that the Frenchman is more effective playing on the right, adding: "Honestly, I don’t think he [Sissoko] is a midfield player in a core position, No.6 or a double 6.

"The best position for him is when he has the freedom to go [forward], or from the right like he did vs Bournemouth."

Well at least he can see the obvious with Sissoko. Sounds like it was a case of Dier needing to be rested that led to him starting as a midfielder against United.

Back
Top Bottom