Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've come full circle with Sissoko. He started off being truly useless, he then had his spell last season of looking pretty good. Before reverting to the Sissoko we all don't want to see. Definitely not a top quality footballer.

“Mourinho went on to express his belief that the Frenchman is more effective playing on the right, adding: "Honestly, I don’t think he [Sissoko] is a midfield player in a core position, No.6 or a double 6.

"The best position for him is when he has the freedom to go [forward], or from the right like he did vs Bournemouth."

Well at least he can see the obvious with Sissoko. Sounds like it was a case of Dier needing to be rested that led to him starting as a midfielder against United.

“Mourinho went on to express his belief that the Frenchman is more effective playing on the right, adding: "Honestly, I don’t think he [Sissoko] is a midfield player in a core position, No.6 or a double 6.

"The best position for him is when he has the freedom to go [forward], or from the right like he did vs Bournemouth."

Well at least he can see the obvious with Sissoko. Sounds like it was a case of Dier needing to be rested that led to him starting as a midfielder against United.

I like him as a RW - his energy and hustle help to create opportunities and his defen is a huge plus. He can support SA defensively, unlike Lucas.

We need a very good DM when we have an offensive minded (and little defence) player like Lucas at RW.

with Moussa, I would like to see:

GLC - Ndombele
Son - Dele - Sissoko
Kane

without him:

Dier - GLC / Ndombele
Son - Dele - Lucas
Kane

God Almighty. What have we done to deserve such a perceptive and articulate manager?

No, I want to know what you think Jose would have done if Dembele, Wanyamma, Dier, Winks, weren't available for selection.
All four were unavailable for all of last season, were they?

The first thing Poch should not have done was buy Sissoko. He played him at first, then he blanked him for 18-20 months, then he made him an automatic starter. Cost him his job, you might say.

All four were unavailable for all of last season, were they?

The first thing Poch should not have done was buy Sissoko. He played him at first, then he blanked him for 18-20 months, then he made him an automatic starter. Cost him his job, you might say.
The best of that lot yeah. Wanyama wasn't fit at all. Dembele couldn't play two consecutive games and had to be subbed off on the ones he played, Dier injured an ill. Leaving him with Winks (who also suffered injury), who you think is shit.

We honestly don't know who's buy Sissoko was. Didn't Poch say immediately after buying him that he didn't know anything about it and it was down to Levy??? (I may have that wrong and can't be arsed to check) but it's fair to say he wasn't waxing lyrical about him.

He was automatic starter because we didn't have a midfield, as per the injuries.

The best of that lot yeah. Wanyama wasn't fit at all. Dembele couldn't play two consecutive games and had to be subbed off on the ones he played, Dier injured an ill. Leaving him with Winks (who also suffered injury), who you think is shit.
My honest opinion on this? Dier and Wanyama were more or less frozen out. Dembele left because of Poch's savage training methods. We should have been giving him a bit of the Ledley treatment instead of leaving him banjaxxed for match days.

None of that forgives Poch's neglect of the midfield for the bulk of his time here. It has always lacked creativity, and from the end of the 2017 season, it has not been good enough defensively.
We honestly don't know who's buy Sissoko was. Didn't Poch say immediately after buying him that he didn't know anything about it and it was down to Levy??? (I may have that wrong and can't be arsed to check) but it's fair to say he wasn't waxing lyrical about him.
But he took an almighty shine to him in the end, as is his way with certain players. You are in or you are out with Poch, broadly speaking. If he likes you, you play. It doesn't matter if your form goes to hell either-you still play.

And we went through all of the summer window with barely as much as a whisper of a DM, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 . Instead we concentrated on such matters as dryhumping Dybala's leg. Mourinho has been here 2 weeks and has already said on 2 occasions that Moose is not someone who is up to playing in CM.

My honest opinion on this? Dier and Wanyama were more or less frozen out. Dembele left because of Poch's savage training methods. We should have been giving him a bit of the Ledley treatment instead of leaving him banjaxxed for match days.

None of that forgives Poch's neglect of the midfield for the bulk of his time here. It has always lacked creativity, and from the end of the 2017 season, it has not been good enough defensively.

But he took an almighty shine to him in the end, as is his way with certain players. You are in or you are out with Poch, broadly speaking. If he likes you, you play. It doesn't matter if your form goes to hell either-you still play.
Your Dier theory would have legs if he was frozen out immediately when caught snogging Mourinho in the tunnel at Old Trafford but he was still played I think. He was injured and had a number of illnesses, also he was way off the pace due to this and no pre-season. Maybe also he also wanted to fuck Jose on a more permanent basis and was denied??

Wanyamma sadly can't walk let alone kick a ball.

He got Dembele to stick around for an extra year! Dembele is a heavy lad, allways going to be injured with his twists and turns, yes under Poch he would have felt this even more but he played the best football of his career under him.

He has no choice with Sissoko, he motivated him well and got him to perform a specific function plugging and carrying an ugly chaotic mid-block.

Any specific transfer issues I have with Poch would be, in some quarters, he just didn't choose to spend as the player wasn't the required profile. Time will tell when he's free (and the club) can talk beyond contractual lockdown.

And we went through all of the summer window with barely as much as a whisper of a DM, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 . Instead we concentrated on such matters as dryhumping Dybala's leg. Mourinho has been here 2 weeks and has already said on 2 occasions that Moose is not someone who is up to playing in CM.
We bought Ndombele (yes I know he's not a DM).

Begs the question of why he played Sissoko in a double pivot!!! Maybe he did this to lose on purpose, and when it wasn't working he decided not to change it just to ensure we lost and for shits and giggles?? But no, turns out King Jose thought that Ndombele and Dier weren't fit enough! So he did what you are bitching about Poch and played him at DM!

Seeing as he has today also come out with that there is no money to spend in Jan, I guess you can look forward to seeing WInks & Dier (if fit) making more regular appearances and 60mins of Ndombele with players running off the back of him. Or will he be forced into doing what he did against Utd because he has no other options???

Your Dier theory would have legs if he was frozen out immediately when caught snogging Mourinho in the tunnel at Old Trafford but he was still played I think. He was injured and had a number of illnesses, also he was way off the pace due to this and no pre-season. Maybe also he also wanted to fuck Jose on a more permanent basis and was denied??
When he was available, he was not picked, generally speaking. He was one of Poch's boys and was an automatic starter, no matter how badly he played. I am not saying when Poch fell out of love with him, but I believe he did.

Wanyamma sadly can't walk let alone kick a ball. We all say that but for some bizarre reason he was subbed on against Leicester a couple of months ago.
We all say that, yet for some bizarre reason he was subbed on at Leicester just a couple of months ago.
He got Dembele to stick around for an extra year!
Dembele wanted out in the summer of 2017, but Poch begged him to stay another year. We weren't going to let him leave until we made sure he was ready for the glue factory by flogging him in training.

Only thing on Sissoko is that he gives his all much of the time.

I said it however last season that if Sissoko is deemed to make the most impact in our team then it says much about those around him.

That has not changed.

Back
Top Bottom