Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought at the very least he’d be a useful defensive player.

Surprised how great he’s been in some build up. That interplay with Dele that lead up to Dele’s goal was sexy

Must admit he’s growing on me I don’t personally like singling out anybody that plays for us as being not in it a 100% the first season was ropey and it’s taken time but if he continues doing what he’s doing then I’ll be delighted he’s never gonna reach legend status but can be rememembered for the right reasons not the wrong ones.

Must admit he’s growing on me I don’t personally like singling out anybody that plays for us as being not in it a 100% the first season was ropey and it’s taken time but if he continues doing what he’s doing then I’ll be delighted he’s never gonna reach legend status but can be rememembered for the right reasons not the wrong ones.
TBF having the type of start with the club he had and coming good is a cult legend in and of itself.

Never a Bill Nic style legend. But a cult figure

He can’t score for shit, but he’s growing in confidence and the team are clearly with him. Dele went straight to him after scoring.

Plus it’s hilarious watching fuckers just bounce off him. I was wrong about him.

But the fucker needs to learn how to shoot.

Dembele can't shoot for shit either though to be fair - yet that never gets brought up when discussing Dembele. Ever. Because we don't judge Dembele on his goalscoring. I think it's an unfair criticism on Sissoko too.

Dembele can't shoot for shit either though to be fair - yet that never gets brought up when discussing Dembele. Ever. Because we don't judge Dembele on his goalscoring. I think it's an unfair criticism on Sissoko too.

Dembele never really gets into scoring positions though, or really ever looks like taking a shot on really. But it’s a fair point.

It's unlikely Dembele or Sissoko need to learn how to shoot. They tend to just be uncomfortable in those situations in front of goal. To be fair I've seen Jenas and Zokora do similar things. Run the midfield and miss sitters. It's entirely possible Dembele avoids shooting positions to avoid success. Mentally there is a block seeing themselves as a goalscorer in certain situations. More of an emotional thing than to do with knowledge or ability. The weird thing about Sissoko is his passing and entire game was shit. If he can pass first time like yesterday then he can find shooting boots too.

Dembele never really gets into scoring positions though, or really ever looks like taking a shot on really. But it’s a fair point.
Sissoko,Dembele & Winks none ever look confident enough to have a go your willing them to shoot but no they just take that extra pass and some/a lot of the time it’s a missed opportunity and play breaks down.

True. Our front 4 know how to score, Sissoko doesnt need to be scoring goals if he can get the ball to the front 4 in good positions. Not like we cry about how Eriksen and Son arent good tacklers. Id rather Sissoko gets even better with dribbling and passing than worry about shooting.

Back
Top Bottom