Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shows how big confidence is in sport.

He's more often than not been bit timid and hesitant in a Spurs shirt as if he doubts himself and feels inferior. But now we're seeing a player who is actually leading the team forward by not just being a big unit getting in the way of opponents, but by marauding forward with the ball. He even pulled off a class crossfield pass inch perfect to Moura in the second half.

bus-conductor where are you?

Confidence clearly is the key. I read recently that Sissoko had to be consoled by his teammates for the abuse he got from our own fans. Prior to the Internet, feed back mainly came from fans at the match but now there is Forums, comments pages on Newspapers etc. Whilst players will not read all of them, friends and family do and will pass these things on. Therefore as I have said before it is Counter productive to overly criticise our own players. I do not think there is 1 player that does not receive some criticism from fans on here. Kane was affected by the criticism re claiming that Goal last year although not really our supporters. Rose by reaction to his Newspaper articles and Lloris recently.
Now I am not advocating that we should not criticise players or the club but at times it really does go too far if someone is regularly saying a player is shit and should be got rid.
I went and saw Sissoko in one of his earlier games in the CL and his control was abysmal but he has certainly improved recently and with the support he received on Saturday hopefully he will continue to improve but it will not help if fans are on his back as soon as he misplaces a pass.

Confidence clearly is the key. I read recently that Sissoko had to be consoled by his teammates for the abuse he got from our own fans. Prior to the Internet, feed back mainly came from fans at the match but now there is Forums, comments pages on Newspapers etc. Whilst players will not read all of them, friends and family do and will pass these things on. Therefore as I have said before it is Counter productive to overly criticise our own players. I do not think there is 1 player that does not receive some criticism from fans on here. Kane was affected by the criticism re claiming that Goal last year although not really our supporters. Rose by reaction to his Newspaper articles and Lloris recently.
Now I am not advocating that we should not criticise players or the club but at times it really does go too far if someone is regularly saying a player is shit and should be got rid.
I went and saw Sissoko in one of his earlier games in the CL and his control was abysmal but he has certainly improved recently and with the support he received on Saturday hopefully he will continue to improve but it will not help if fans are on his back as soon as he misplaces a pass.

I share your broader sentiment, but I think the highlighted (off the pitch scenarios) are fair exceptions...

I the case of Rose, it may never be directly measurable, but he could have cost the club (tens of?) millions in terms of disruption of squad harmony and in particular his price-tag (should be have been fit enough to leave last summer).

Like it or not ,Hugo put himself in the frame and just had to accept what he had coming to him.... Mass condemnation would have transcended our fanbase anyway.

Kudos to Sissoko.
It was clearly his best performance ON THE BALL for Spurs.

I mean in past he has done some very useful covering and defending etc. But on Saturday he played really well with the ball as well. Long passes, short passes, decent first touch. Even some dribbles!!
Very-very nice. Hope this form continues for the club! Well done lad!

Kudos to Sissoko.
It was clearly his best performance ON THE BALL for Spurs.

I mean in past he has done some very useful covering and defending etc. But on Saturday he played really well with the ball as well. Long passes, short passes, decent first touch. Even some dribbles!!
Very-very nice. Hope this form continues for the club! Well done lad!

Agreed. The most noticeable thing as you say was that his passing seemed to find its intended spot, rather than the usual Sissoko “aim for half a metre behind the heel of your teammate” pass.

As others have said, fingers crossed this recent run of positive contribution to the team continues.

Great to see another of our players breaking back in to their respective international squads - arguably despite no signings in the summer the trio of Lucas, Lamela and Sissoko and their respective form have given us 3 players we really didn’t have last season. Long may it continue COYS

Great to see another of our players breaking back in to their respective international squads - arguably despite no signings in the summer the trio of Lucas, Lamela and Sissoko and their respective form have given us 3 players we really didn’t have last season. Long may it continue COYS

May as well add Foyth to that list too. :)

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, who needs Bale when you've got Sissoko?

we couldn't score against Astra goo goo

Back
Top Bottom