Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko is starting to look good because the rest are starting to slow/fail, his energy levels are, without question, much more than Dembélé and Wanyama, he is a little more surging than Dier, a little less creative than Winks, would anyone seriously drop CoCo or Dele, Lucas and Eriksen (play a different game). So , IMHO, he is starting to look brighter than the somewhat dimming lights around him, relevant perspective. At 8 or 10 Million, that would be reasonable enough, at record signing price.... not good enough

Seriously, I’m fucking chuffed, I thought we’d be stuck with him for the entirety of his contract. Last couple of weeks has given me hope we may actually find someone stupid enough to buy him.

Good old DD, just added another mil to his ticket too.

Same old
Same old

Sissoko is starting to look good because the rest are starting to slow/fail, his energy levels are, without question, much more than Dembélé and Wanyama, he is a little more surging than Dier, a little less creative than Winks, would anyone seriously drop CoCo or Dele, Lucas and Eriksen (play a different game). So , IMHO, he is starting to look brighter than the somewhat dimming lights around him, relevant perspective. At 8 or 10 Million, that would be reasonable enough, at record signing price.... not good enough

Doesn’t really explain his vastly improved passing and decision-making against Palace.

Somewhat disagree. His energy levels are higher than than all of our CMs not just Dembele/Wanyama. Plus hes also our most creative CM. Almost every game he creates at least 1 or 2 chances where a striker can score from. Also our fittest, fastest and healthiest CM and the one in best form.

Somewhat disagree. His energy levels are higher than than all of our CMs not just Dembele/Wanyama. Plus hes also our most creative CM. Almost every game he creates at least 1 or 2 chances where a striker can score from. Also our fittest, fastest and healthiest CM and the one in best form.

Not according to bus-conductor

OK, what are his stats ? assists/goals/chances created per minutes played ?.. I must admit i haven't looked at them.
He may be fast and energetic, but his first touch is often horrible, his dribbling is hit and miss..
I mean is this really what our top prize should look like ? I think that those who settle for his' improving form' have missed the point, he was bought as a finished article, not a WIP... and he has failed to deliver on the investment, so far.
I don't blame him, not his fault, but defending the decision making behind this transfer is crazy stuff..

OK, what are his stats ? assists/goals/chances created per minutes played ?.. I must admit i haven't looked at them.
He may be fast and energetic, but his first touch is often horrible, his dribbling is hit and miss..
I mean is this really what our top prize should look like ? I think that those who settle for his' improving form' have missed the point, he was bought as a finished article, not a WIP... and he has failed to deliver on the investment, so far.
I don't blame him, not his fault, but defending the decision making behind this transfer is crazy stuff..

I personally feel he has done enough to warrant a statue outside the new ground now.

Don't know what you're watching mate.

Signed off the back of an impressive euro's let's face it none of us thought he was worth 30 mil in what was a levyesque deal, but there has always been a player in there, just hugely frustrating it's taken this long to find it!! Even now my 13 yr old son plays a better final ball and makes better decisions, but the ground he eats up, especially towards the end of games when we're trying to see a game out is handy to say the least. I think you've got to hand it to him though, he must have looked around our midfield and thought I've got no chance but he's stuck at it, clearly worked hard, clearly wants to play for the club and glad to see he got picked for France again, he deserves it. Just do a bit more work/training in the final third please moussa!!!!

Signed off the back of an impressive euro's let's face it none of us thought he was worth 30 mil in what was a levyesque deal, but there has always been a player in there, just hugely frustrating it's taken this long to find it!! Even now my 13 yr old son plays a better final ball and makes better decisions, but the ground he eats up, especially towards the end of games when we're trying to see a game out is handy to say the least. I think you've got to hand it to him though, he must have looked around our midfield and thought I've got no chance but he's stuck at it, clearly worked hard, clearly wants to play for the club and glad to see he got picked for France again, he deserves it. Just do a bit more work/training in the final third please moussa!!!!
Pretty much agree with that, and yes it is great to see he is getting on with it, it is his (well paid) job afterall, and as i said before it is nothing to do with him personally, but he is a bang average midfielder. Will follow the likes of HUddlestone 'et al'.........

At the moment, he reminds me of when I use to watch Peter Crouch (when he was at liverpool), the ball goes to him, he takes what looks like a terrible touch, but somehow ends up the other side of a player or manages to make it work...

Pretty much agree with that, and yes it is great to see he is getting on with it, it is his (well paid) job afterall, and as i said before it is nothing to do with him personally, but he is a bang average midfielder. Will follow the likes of HUddlestone 'et al'.........

But he’s not so fond of the pies like Thud was

Talent wasted

He's an engine thats for sure, looking at this from his time before Spurs it seems like he used to be able to pick a pass. If he can return to the type of player he was in these clips then we'd be getting our monies worth. He's slowly getting there but he is no where near his 2016 form.

He's an engine thats for sure, looking at this from his time before Spurs it seems like he used to be able to pick a pass. If he can return to the type of player he was in these clips then we'd be getting our monies worth. He's slowly getting there but he is no where near his 2016 form.

I stumbled upon an oldish Premier League years on Sky a few weeks back and there were a few times Newcastle popped up and Sissoko was either assisting or scoring a fucking screamer and I was thinking to myself that there is clearly a player in there who just lacks confidence. It's amazing what confidence can do to a player.

The biggest comment you got from Newcastle fans was that he didn't provide these performances enough so he clearly has it in him.

Okay-okay, let's hold the horses here for a bit maybe :D ?

I have told it here for number of times how well he has performed in some recent games.
But to say that:
- his energy levels are highest of CMs
- he is most creative CM
- our fittest CM
- fastest CM
- healthiest CM
- best form CM

That is going way over the top. Sorry.
I truly believe we should not go over the top to negatives and so we could hold a bit with praise as well.

So let's look the list again
- his energy levels are highest of CMs -mmkey, he runs a lot, but you cannot really compare him to Dier who plays almost 50 full games per season, when he plays more like 15. And what does energy level mean in the sense? Are you sure you are not double-counting pace?
- he is most creative CM - oh, come on. No way creativity is not only scoring and assisting. Modders was never much of assister nor scorer. But he was creative. While Moose carries the ball up a lot, I'd certainly give a nod to Winks on that regard. He created 7 chances in a single game. And all in all I believe his passing to be far superior to Sissoko (stance I might change if he continues playing like against Palace on constant basis!)
- our fittest CM - same as healthiest. That is double counting. Because if you mean fit as powerful, then Dembele surpasses him easily. Though Sissoko stays more healthy/available for selection, that is true.
- fastest CM - no arguments here.
- healthiest CM - same as fittest. That is double counting.
- best form CM - well Winksyboy ain't too far either, is he? Most chances created per player across European competitions ain't sign of sluggish form, I tell you that :D .

So in my sum-up, he has been the fastest, most available (instead of staying healty), he is one of the strongest and currently he is in good form :) . But not all that superlatives rly :D

pretty weak showreel tbh, considering it was from an entire season of league and internationals. He is putting a decent shift in but is very clumsy, it might be this unfathomable quality that perplexes the opposition? Looking at those balls into the box he played, they're ok if he has 2/3 players to aim for but he's not going to put it on a nine pence anytime soon. Sorry, I can't fault his willing but still feel he is way off the level he needs to be, certainly to start.

Okay-okay, let's hold the horses here for a bit maybe :D ?

I have told it here for number of times how well he has performed in some recent games.
But to say that:
- his energy levels are highest of CMs
- he is most creative CM
- our fittest CM
- fastest CM
- healthiest CM
- best form CM

That is going way over the top. Sorry.
I truly believe we should not go over the top to negatives and so we could hold a bit with praise as well.

So let's look the list again
- his energy levels are highest of CMs -mmkey, he runs a lot, but you cannot really compare him to Dier who plays almost 50 full games per season, when he plays more like 15. And what does energy level mean in the sense? Are you sure you are not double-counting pace?
- he is most creative CM - oh, come on. No way creativity is not only scoring and assisting. Modders was never much of assister nor scorer. But he was creative. While Moose carries the ball up a lot, I'd certainly give a nod to Winks on that regard. He created 7 chances in a single game. And all in all I believe his passing to be far superior to Sissoko (stance I might change if he continues playing like against Palace on constant basis!)
- our fittest CM - same as healthiest. That is double counting. Because if you mean fit as powerful, then Dembele surpasses him easily. Though Sissoko stays more healthy/available for selection, that is true.
- fastest CM - no arguments here.
- healthiest CM - same as fittest. That is double counting.
- best form CM - well Winksyboy ain't too far either, is he? Most chances created per player across European competitions ain't sign of sluggish form, I tell you that :D .

So in my sum-up, he has been the fastest, most available (instead of staying healty), he is one of the strongest and currently he is in good form :) . But not all that superlatives rly :D
By energy leves I meant he will make runs with intensity throughout 90 minutes. Not someone who just runs a lot at slow pace. Anyone can jog around for 90 minutes.

Mate that 7 chances thing you are double counting that for creativity and best form. Can you tell me exactly how good were these chances that were created. I know there was a very good cross to Llorente but just because you pass the ball to davies , and then he has a ridiculous shot from outside the box is not a chance. Even if the stat man thinks its a 'key pass'. Even the pass to Kane who then had to turn and shoot form outside the box was not really a chance or the pass to alli where he still had to do some dribbling before attempting a shot. Winks was very good vs PSV but you have to realise the other team was shite and had an early goal. They let us have ball and gave us loads of space enough for our CMs to pass the ball around and have enough long shots(which dont result in goals usually).

Winks has 1 'chance created' in all premier league games so far. So I think you might be taking this chance created thing too far.

Back
Top Bottom