Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

*Show Ignored Content*

Ha, just seen once again Gibbs was asked a question and refused to answer it. Just embarking on another masturbatory post about being right, despite the answer to said question proving him wrong.

Top job on ignoring me there fellah. Pretty predictable though.

If I don't answer a question, does that mean Rose wasn't as shakey as I predicted and Dembele didn't score when played as an AM?

We only have games to prove each other's opinions right or wrong.

It's a shame all you live for is taking pot shots at someone who obviously reads the game better than you. They kick a round thing around the pitch and I have my put downs in the form of results.

We are in a Dembele thread. have to say, top top thread it is too. Squirm away lolcat. Keep not talking football and attacking people on the Internet.

I'm fully aware of this fact and should make sure you understand that my question had nothing to do with that piece of information.

Nothing to do with Danny rose, and nothing to do with where moose was deployed in the following game.

Not really a problem area if, when "arguably the best player of the season" is unavailable, we are able to fill the role with a versitile substitute who has a MOTM performance in his absence.

I agree with some of your points sometimes gibbsy, and I rarely post, so don't take it is me having a dig, but you do need to cool it on the self-appreciating "I told you so" type sludge that you smear across endless threads. You fuel shitstorms with your stubbornness, when your opinion on one or two occasions would suffice.

Up with Dembele! I hope he continues his run of form - wherever he may be deployed.

You don't think it's pertinent? Showing character when Rose makes a mistake and we go behind?

What really fuels shit storms? Debate. People see Dembele scoring a prem goal a season and they can't fathom that he'd be a good attacker.

I look closer. I see Dembele averaging a shot every TWO GAMES. He has in almost all of his games back from last season played as a DM.

A DM who hardly EVER shoots. A DM who is impossible to shake off the ball. In a team that can't hold onto the ball in the final third outside Kane who is getting double marked.

Why should Dembele being good as a DM, negate his previous efforts as an AM? He facefucked Liverpool who stuffed Chelsea today.

Your question was what? Making a point that he is amazing off the ball? That comes in handy. esp when Eriksen etc have issues in the final third if the op parks the bus.

A destroyer in the box isn't very Tottenham way though right?

...Dembele over Lamela on the right from now on, please...
COYS

I agree. I think we can rotate a bit if Dembele starts to slow down as his injuries are piling up and Lamela is on the cusp of getting some form going.

But even then, I would not play Eriksen and Lamela together away from home in the prem as it's not fair on our wing backs.

We need an advanced midfielder to boss the final third. I believe this will actually help out Eriksen long term. If Eriksens starts to slow down (which is physically a certainty since his running is insane) Lamela can also be a like for like switch for him.

So it's a good issue to have. We just need to close at least one of the soft channels we are cursed with. I think Eriksen making one wing soft is OK because going forward/set pieces he will score more than his paper thin defense will concede.

There is one drawback: Alli will have his work cut out and will possibly see poor form. Eriksen is so dire off the ball, he throws his covering players (like Rose and Alli) under the bus.

It's one of the reasons why Poch's stubbornness irritates me. He's doing the equivalent of giving Ginola tracking back duties. Eriksen should be given a free role, but I've given up on Poch in that aspect. He is an all hands to the pump style manager. If by some miracle Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Son, Njie etc becomes well rounded and can close down like Alli, Dembele, Bentaleb etc...It won't be 4th we would be scrabbling for, it will be the title.

I just can't see it. Poch is running Eriksen into the ground when he's not suited for it. If we give up one key player when it comes to pressing, we can kick on IMO.

Kane should carry on doing it because he's excellent at putting keepers etc under pressure.

Having Eriksen and Lamela closing down and water carrying in a team vs Eriksen given a free role and a tougher player like Alli or Dembele sliding further forward to an advanced midfielder role will be as strong as Eriksen and Lamela IMO. But the positive will Eriksen will be taking WAY more shots at goal and putting WAY more through balls for Kane and co.

I'm famous for wanting steel, but I'm not dumb enough to think that Ginola, VDV, Eriksen etc can track worth a piss. So why ruin their form making them do something that is alien to them after 20+ years of playing attacking roles?

Literally counter productive.

Last edited:
How dare you. Our lord and saviour Ryan died for our wins. He is only just now being resurrected by the medical team.

haha. Other teams must hate playing against us. You only have to look at Masons expression to take a step back. Then on the flip side you see Dembele with a bored look on his face make their biggest defender look like an under 12's girls player as he bounces off him.

Alli, Bentaleb, Rose, Walker, Kane, Mason, Dembele, Dier etc are making the prem's lives miserable. Then if you get past them, you have Toby and Jan...Then if you beat them, possibly the best keeper in the world.

:dierno:

Decent performance yesterday. Looked a lot better when slotted back into CM in the 2nd half, ball retention in the middle of the park was key.

He was wasteful at AM, ignoring Eriksen and Lamela a few times and breaking down our own attacks. His runs seem to be more effective when starting from deeper.

Still, he's the guy to drop when Son comes back as Alli and Dier are just tremendous and Lamela is our best player currently. No way we're dropping Eriksen.

Dembele has been playing well recently but then again so have a lot of our midfield contenders. Lamela is in form, Dier has been in form all season, Eriksen is magic, Son to come back and should be starting, Alli is playing well beyong his years. Dembele / Mason / Bentaleb have all got to continue to put in good showings when they can and just give Poch a (good) problem!

Remember it wasn't long ago that we were worried about our midfield options but honestly we're in a really good position right now if we can keep the current level of play up.

Decent performance yesterday. Looked a lot better when slotted back into CM in the 2nd half, ball retention in the middle of the park was key.

He was wasteful at AM, ignoring Eriksen and Lamela a few times and breaking down our own attacks. His runs seem to be more effective when starting from deeper.

Still, he's the guy to drop when Son comes back as Alli and Dier are just tremendous and Lamela is our best player currently. No way we're dropping Eriksen.
I have felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million Gibbsies suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Much as a like Alli, and I like him a lot, in a straight choice between him and Debele this season I'd go with Moussa as the first choice and Alli the understudy. Dembele's control in midfield compliments Dier's destructive play perfectly, while I can see Alli's more explosive style being ideal in the final 20-30 minutes of games.

Lamela has played well in a few games but as my analysis in the squad ratings thread shows, he is not our best player currently and has probably only just sneaked into the XI best in compative terms.

Back
Top Bottom