Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Moussa's still a conundrum in my book.
I think the problem is that he doesn't really fit into a 4-2-3-1...he's probably at his best in a formation where there are more than three AMFs.
I have to admit his 'defensive' performance against the bindippers surprised me...I didn't think he had it in him.
My personal preference is to see him up somewhere up front.
Speaking as a neutral he has enormous value as a utility player...it's just a question of whether or not he's prepared to accept that role.
Moussa doesn't play for Tottenham, he still plays for Fulham.

Looked a bit lack lustre yesterday. especially when he broke and had a chance at a shot, the run was like he was stuck in mud and the shot was tame to say the least. Still it resulted in what could have been an eriksen stunner. I think Eriksen is better at hitting the woodwork than the net!

...Siggy was the master...
COYS

...Dembele should start every match at DM or wing from now on...
COYS

I agree. Pref in the final third as our open wings are our only weakness right now. We have had way too many issues of players behind Kane losing the ball in the final third and this has left Kane isolated and taking too many pot shots.

If you have someone who can scatter defenders like bowling pins in the final third, it gives room and a partner for Kane to smash the parked bus. I think this type of player can also be a great foil/base for Son. Kane, Dembele and Son in the final third will be a NIGHTMARE for defenders because they have to worry about aspects they have never worried about in the past. Sprinkle in Eriksen and Alli and the goals can come from all angles.

Eriksen and Lamela can add the finesse, Dembele and Kane can destroy. Then it's up to Lamela to keep his form up because Son is waiting in the wings.

Then again, we have has issues with fitness this season so I'm sure by the time Son is fit, Eriksen or Dembele will be injured again, haha. So it sdoes not always have to be a case of either Lamela or Dembele, it can be a case of who is the most fit.

Dembele scoring the winner broke the last team we played. I like the helpless feeling midfielder and defenders get when Dembele takes them on.

giphy.gif

It's not ground hod day because time moves on.

Like I defend Dembele, and he gets MOTM and then a goal in his next game when played as an advanced midfielder.

I'll preface this by saying that, I too, am a fan of Dembele. But, remind me of where he was playing for his MOTM performance?

I'll preface this by saying that, I too, am a fan of Dembele. But, remind me of where he was playing for his MOTM performance?

He replaced arguably the best player of the season in Dier. Relieving pressure on our young team in a problem area.

Before being switched to AM in the next game where he scored the winner after we went behind due to Danny Rose sleeping on the runners.

Before being switched to AM in the next game where he scored the winner after we went behind due to Danny Rose sleeping on the runners.

I'm fully aware of this fact and should make sure you understand that my question had nothing to do with that piece of information.

Nothing to do with Danny rose, and nothing to do with where moose was deployed in the following game.

Not really a problem area if, when "arguably the best player of the season" is unavailable, we are able to fill the role with a versitile substitute who has a MOTM performance in his absence.

I agree with some of your points sometimes gibbsy, and I rarely post, so don't take it is me having a dig, but you do need to cool it on the self-appreciating "I told you so" type sludge that you smear across endless threads. You fuel shitstorms with your stubbornness, when your opinion on one or two occasions would suffice.

Up with Dembele! I hope he continues his run of form - wherever he may be deployed.

For me, I would only play one of Dier / Dembele in the side. We have 3 matches in 6 days next week, play one on Monday and Sunday, the other on Thursday in the DM role. Dembele is really not a CAM or a winger. Sure he can keep the ball (what makes him so good at DM under pressure), but he does not have the vision to create goals in the final 3rd. His strength is breaking down the defense from deep and then giving the ball to a more creative player.

For me, I would only play one of Dier / Dembele in the side. We have 3 matches in 6 days next week, play one on Monday and Sunday, the other on Thursday in the DM role. Dembele is really not a CAM or a winger. Sure he can keep the ball (what makes him so good at DM under pressure), but he does not have the vision to create goals in the final 3rd. His strength is breaking down the defense from deep and then giving the ball to a more creative player.

Welcome to the forum mate.

I think Moussa's perfect role would be the CM in a 4-3-3 with a DM behind him and a passing CM next to him, unfortunately we don't set up like that.

He needs to keep this form up. Too many times he's shown great talent and not kept it up. But at his best, he's one of our most influential players.

*Show Ignored Content*

Ha, just seen once again Gibbs was asked a question and refused to answer it. Just embarking on another masturbatory post about being right, despite the answer to said question proving him wrong.

Honestly I would love to see Dembele tried up top as the front man if we need to rest Harry again. NJie won't be able to hack it and Son isn't about. Chadli injured and Lamela not strong enough. There would be very few players who could receive a pass, hold it up or create space for an easy pass to an advancing teammate better than Dembele. His physical strength would be useful for battling with CBs.

Back
Top Bottom