Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

why? - he doesn't have the mentality - as you said he gets the penalty area then looks clueless.
can it be coached - personally i don't think it can but i'm not an expert - certainly i doubt i can be at this stage of his career
detriment? - no

That's better, I guess; regardless of whether we agree or not.

To be honest my biggest gripe was your lazy assumptions about hater-dom (or similar) being at play.

glimpses.

i show glimpses of brilliance. everyones highlight reel looks amazing.

when has he ever given anyone the impression that he has more goals in his locker?

i just dont get it mate, lets just agree to disagree on this one.

You'd can be pedantic about my choice of words if you like, but you know very well that said 'glimpse' equates to said "impression" (that I am not alone in having).

Fuck me lads. Questioning the Moose? Get a grip. He's the glue in our side. Look how much better we performed when he got on the pitch on Saturday. Unshakeable & a rock in the middle.
Poch says he is one of the very best he's known. Genius is the word he used to describe Dembele. Alli speaks in similarly glowing terms about the man.

I couldn't give a shit if he scores none at all. It's players like Moose that give the others the confidence to express themselves.

That's better, I guess; regardless of whether we agree or not.

To be honest my biggest gripe was your lazy assumptions about hater-dom (or similar) being at play.
i never suggested any hating at all mate. i thought the expectation was unreasonable, thats all.

Fuck me lads. Questioning the Moose? Get a grip. He's the glue in our side. Look how much better we performed when he got on the pitch on Saturday. Unshakeable & a rock in the middle.
Poch says he is one of the very best he's known. Genius is the word he used to describe Dembele. Alli speaks in similarly glowing terms about the man.

I couldn't give a shit if he scores none at all. It's players like Moose that give the others the confidence to express themselves.
He is the best in our team very underrated and would be snapped up by top clubs if he came on the market!

this.

who gives a fuck about some glimpses of goals from 2006.

i never suggested any hating at all mate. i thought the expectation was unreasonable, thats all.

Well, maybe "hating" isn't the accurate sentiment in this case (though so often lazily tagged as such by some much the same)... Not a phrase I favour myself.

However, I did initially use milder terms...

I began by saying, It's NOT unreasonable, entitled etc. to be having such thoughts about MD (or any player)... And I stand by that.

We all want our players to evolve and improve, right?

this.

who gives a fuck about some glimpses of goals from 2006.
His role is entirely different from what it was 10 years ago. He is a destroyer and carrier of the ball. What he does is a joy to watch week in, week out. I love seeing people chasing him round in packs trying to dispossess him. It's like the Benny Hill show sometimes & I love watching him make fools out of some big name Charlie's. Dembele "owns" people. On his day, top class professionals can't get near him & these so called tough guys just bounce off him. Brilliant player. One of my favourites to watch.

His role is entirely different from what it was 10 years ago. He is a destroyer and carrier of the ball. What he does is a joy to watch week in, week out. I love seeing people chasing him round in packs trying to dispossess him. It's like the Benny Hill show sometimes & I love watching him make fools out of some big name Charlie's. Dembele "owns" people. On his day, top class professionals can't get near him & these so called tough guys just bounce off him. Brilliant player. One of my favourites to watch.

absolutely but unfortunately he's still massively under-rated and misunderstood outside of spurs. for me he should be a cert for team of the year but he likely wont get a look in, yet someone shit like barkley will be there.

Ignore the nuances of what and why I'm posting, but yeh..... Think I said most of that myself. :pochrolleyes:

He is the best in our team very underrated and would be snapped up by top clubs if he came on the market!

S'funny tho.... I still don't think many outsiders see what we see... You gotta watch him week in week out to understand his true value.

absolutely but unfortunately he's still massively under-rated and misunderstood outside of spurs. for me he should be a cert for team of the year but he likely wont get a look in, yet someone shit like barkley will be there.

We agree on something..... NOW it can end.:pochlol:

Ignore the nuances of what and why I'm posting, but yeh..... Think I said most of that myself. :pochrolleyes:
Don't be coming on here with your "nuances". Plain English will do just fine. If it's there to be misinterpreted, then the written word will be half the time.

Maybe something has to give in his game for him to put in machine like midfield performances every week eh? Or maybe he is under instruction to do exactly what he does by the man who says he is a genius?

Back
Top Bottom