Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Baffles me that or former CF is so shot shy.

I recall someone (possibly current or past spurs) saying he was just a bit odd - he'd lose interest in shooting or creating chances, and just wanted to run around beating people in training with dribbles - and if he past them, he'd run back at them again. His game is also like that.

In terms of chance creation, I don't think he's the issue - even with that pass above in the GIF, Chris just ran back with the ball and it went to nothing anyway. See that a lot. Needs Lamela to bounce off with more of a similar style they have.

I recall someone (possibly current or past spurs) saying he was just a bit odd - he'd lose interest in shooting or creating chances, and just wanted to run around beating people in training with dribbles - and if he past them, he'd run back at them again. His game is also like that.
That person you're thinking of was Dembele himself. He's talked about it plenty.

‘I just like to play, to pass the ball and dribble,’ says the Belgium star. ‘When I was young I never shot. I always wanted to dribble the ball in the goal. I don’t want to shoot because I don’t like to, but it’s different now. You have more experience and you think more.

‘Is it about scoring the perfect goal? Yes, maybe. Before I always played on the street with two lampposts that were like a basketball pitch, and we could not shoot. You had to dribble and touch the ball on the posts to score. We never shoot the ball.

‘So maybe it’s because I always played on the street and I liked to do it nice and beautiful.’ He smiles, before saying ‘boom’ and mimicking a driving shot from distance.

‘I know now it’s important to shoot and have the combination,’ he adds, ‘not only to dribble but to shoot a lot as well. I try to do this more and more.

Additional: If 3 (or 5 on at least one occasion, FFS!!!) players are grappling with MD, then it's safe to say the others ahead of him are enjoy a lot more space and more gaps to exploit.

In terms of chance creation, I don't think he's the issue - even with that pass above in the GIF, Chris just ran back with the ball and it went to nothing anyway. See that a lot. Needs Lamela to bounce off with more of a similar style they have.

Yeh, I recall similar talk. Not bemoaning a lack of creativity, but find myself end up screaming "Shoooooooooooot!!!! at the TV far too often on days like the 'Boro game

"‘I know now it’s important to shoot and have the combination,’ he adds, ‘not only to dribble but to shoot a lot as well. I try to do this more and more."

...:kanehand:

If he wants the "perfect" goal, then fine. Place it in the very top corner.... Never tire of seeing such "perfection".

:tobyarm:

I may have missed the whole point - and I know many people say he is fundamental to how we play but I really don't think he is anywhere near the same class as Modric. I could see how Luka was fundamental to both us and now Madrid. I like Dembele a lot. He's definitely calm on the ball, but so is Harry Winks, Modric and all classy centre mids. I'd just like to see him drive forward with purpose, pass with purpose etc. We already have Wanyama and Dier to show calm and make the easy pass. After the easy pass we need a bit more drive because we don't have a cutting edge on the left right or front mid.If Walker and Rose are being subdued, we get bogged down everytime and it's gettting frustrating. I don't want to see Dembele pull off an incredible spin in the middle of the pitch and then pass sideways. I want to see him use his amazing skills to create havoc.

People criticizing Dembele :eriksenlol::pocheyes:

mental isn't it. I still can't fathom why a bigger club hasn't stolen him from us. He is so ridiculously good and there really aren't any other players out there in his position who can do what he does. A lot of bigger teams are crying out for a player exactly like Dembele. So glad he is ours.

What.a.goal.

Simply incredible.
Agreed. However as amazing as his dribbling technique is you have to notice the fact that most of his goals are somewhat scuffed shots. He is my favourite player for us but considering he moved to Fulham as a striker and I remember seeing him score a peach of a freekick one time you have to wonder where his shooting technique and instinct has disappeared to. A victim of the DM role perhaps but he has enough talent to pitch in at least 5 or so goals a season. Take nothing away from how crucial he is to us though, not many I'd pick to replace him.

Has anyone else heard the rumour about PSG showing interest in Dembele?
Cant find it in the news but heard it from a journalist friend,but not sure if it's true.

Step aside Deleier / Dierele :allitongue::dierno:(or whatever their sum total combined name is?)

... we got ourselves another Bromance here... and it's been going on a while;
A special player and friend for life - my mate Mousa, by Jan Vertonghen... 8 February 2017 - News - tottenhamhotspur.com

doesn't it always?? :dembelewtf::vert:

Fucking love the love-ins at our club right now!!

jan_mousa730d.jpg

....Game face, motherfucker!

Seeing this video reminds me how amazing he actually is. I've never seen a better dribbler on the ball in a spurs shirt.

Great vid! Honestly watching this reminded me a bit of Pogba and the way Pogba dribbles and moves the ball! Obviously, he's not doing much long range passing like Pogba is but its great stuff and awesome for our team. I'd love to see some stats comparing their respective effectiveness this season! I bet Dembele stacks up pretty darn well across the board... I also love how Dembele uses his hands a bit to push off his marker a bit and steal a bit of momentum. It's sneaky and awesome haha.

Back
Top Bottom