Most overrated Spurs players ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps. Him and Ade jumping out of the way of that free kick when they were part of the wall is one of the most vivid frustrations I've had at any player at Spurs.

wall.gif

Embarrassing.

The Multi The Multi thank you for alerting me to this blasphemy

Pavlyuchenko he had a powerful shot otherwise he was dirge. People loved him
I've never voted for someone to be sin binned before other than maybe justin justin .

Throw your mind back to February 2010, Spurs chasing the Champions League,
21st February - Pavlyuchenko scores twice vs Wigan
24th February - Pavlyuchenko scores twice vs Bolton
28th February - Pavlyuchenko scores vs Everton
13th March - Pavlyuchenko scores twice vs Blackburn

Tottenham forwards over the last decade

1) Kane, 213 games, 140 goals - 0.66 goals a game
2) Defoe 2008 Onwards, 186 games, 79 goals - 0.42 goals a game
3) Pavlyuchenko 113 games, 42 goals - 0.37 goals a game
4) Adebayor 113 games, 42 goals - 0.37 goals a game
5) Bent, 79 games, 25 goals - 0.34 goals a game
6) Son, 139 games, 47 goals -0.33 goals a game
7) Keane 2008 Onwards, 52 games, 15 goals - 0.28 goals a game
8) Crouch 93 games, 24 goals - 0.25 goals a game
9) Soldado, 76 games, 16 goals - 0.21 goals a game
10) Janssen, 36 games, 6 goals - 0.16 goals a game
11) Gudjohnson, 14 games, 2 goals - 0.14 goals a game

Keane Overall, 306 games, 122 goals - 0.39 goals a game
Defoe Overall, 363 games, 143 goals - 0.39 goals a game

Pav played more games from the bench than Adebayor so I'm having him above him. Pav wasn't perfect but he's our 3rd best striker of the last decade and considering the only two above him our Jermaine Defoe and Harry fucking Kane it's not surprising that he's remembered fondly.

He routinely fucked things up, sure, he missed glorious opportunities and he never really got a chance but he occasionally produced pure glory - he embodied Spurs.

Michael Dawson.

Loved the guy and seems Spurs through and through after our spell but he really was overrated. Helped out massively by having Ledley King next to him. Looked average alongside pretty much anyone else.

He had talent and when we first signed him from Derby I thought that he was going to be the new Hoddle as he could strike a really good ball but he didn’t look after himself and ate more pies than BFS
Yes, lots of people thought he was the new Glenn Hoddle.
Really? bloody ell.
I remember their being a lot of hype around Giovani dos Santos at one time.

Last edited:
You think if you stuck Dembele in that Utd team he'd do the donkey work Mourinho asks, average 63 passes a game and produce 6 goals and 10 assists a season? I think your bonkers.

Ive heard people call Dembele one of Europe's best midfielders and he's spent most of the last 5 years pirouetting round the centre circle playing safe passes after he's triple checked them for risk.

Clueless

I'll give you Lloris, mainly because of his position but was he a "star" of Ligue 1? And Evra, was he a star of Ligue 1? I honestly can't remember, possibly as he was what 26/27 at the time, if he was fair enough.

Hazard wasn't a star, he was a highly rated kid of great potential. Essien made his name in the PL.
Hazard was a star young player of the year 2 years running followed by player of the year two years running and winning the league.

Essien league player of the year and World most expensive player going to Chelsea

God same there are some pissy people posting in here, overrated players? Overrated by who?
Gary Mabbutt overrated. Fuck my old boots, that guy was a solid rock for us for so many seasons, nothing astonishing, but consistently dependable and a man who was a role model player - and there are people on here knocking him? WTF?
Sissoko cast 30 mill and is inconsistency personified
Janssen and Soldado can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and Paulinho played like Pauline Quirke.
Mabbutt was underrated if anything.
Some of the other players being touted make my soul bleed, when you think of some of the pony that we've had on the pitch.
That and the windbag brothers having a who can piss the highest competition, what a nightmare.....

Back
Top Bottom