Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was hardly the toughest group either...
I can't see either Monaco or Leverkusen winning it!

Be interesting to see just how many LOYAL SPURS FANS turn up on Dec. 7th

...I suspect we'll struggle to hit 30,000!

Loyal ? In 29 years as a season ticket holder I've learned the price of loyalty, and it comes easier when players are not hiding, when they are not bottling 50/50 balls, when they give a shit and when they appreciate the sacrifice made to follow a football club. A professional sports man who can't show any fucking passion when it matters most is not deserving of loyalty. And I won't be going to Wembley as they don't deserve fans turning out for them. For me, having seen that Newcastle fuck up last season and that tonight tells me all I need to know about this mob. They don't deserve any of us being loyal. They deserve our contempt. When it matters most, is that the best they can do? Ultimately failure should not be acceptable if there is no attempt made to at least fight.

Last edited:
If any of you seriously believed we had the squad depth and experience for a CL and league challenge you must be kidding yourselves. Did anyone think wanyama janssen sissoko and nkoudo would be enough to bolster a young inexperienced squad that was not good enough for the EL. We faltered in the league missing 2 players. Dele is a kid with one season under his belt, yet we seem to think he's the finished article. We have to rotate, simple as. We cannot compete on both fronts. We have to keep within touching distance in the league. 5th is a must. We were not expecting CL football it's a bonus. However it's a major time in our existence and we need to be there thereabouts in the league with little outlay/ wage bill. It's a project. Hopefully the kids like Kane, dele, winks, dier etc learn and grow.

<snip>
Give the guys a fucking break with your negative, entitled bullshit. The group isn't easy, none at this level are. To think that is to only showcase your arrogance.

Hopefully we're back here next year, one year older and wiser.

Great post - good to see some perspective, instead of a bunch of children trying to outdo each other with their cutting edge footballing analysis.

The ground is full of whiners and moaners who bad mouth the people on the pitch and this place has plenty of bell ends that wouldn't know how to support a football team if their life depended on it. Everyone recognises the value that supporters bring to a match and the teams performance, but auditioning for MOTD seems to be more important than actually encouraging the (human beings) players on the pitch to raise their game.

I realise the players can't hear these posts, but what the whiny pants brigade (jayc1, Totti, the Dane etc etc) need to understand is that we are not blind and we don't need their asinine commentary highlighting the failings of the team that are blatantly obvious to anyone with a minimum of one functioning eyeball.

These people need to heed a couple of truisms. When we are all suffering, with what we can see in a game - If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing.
The other being - Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and to remove all doubt.

cue accusations of "board police" and "you can't tell me what to say"
yawn

What stood out last year (& against City this year) is we press, that press starts with our forwards and then midfield. A massive part of our defensive solidity is because we press from the front. We are simply not doing this. By not pressing our back four is under more pressure. We also need the ball to at least stick to our AM's they are loosing possession of the ball almost at will, it is not competed for. So we are not counter-pressing too. This is where we are shit and have been all season. Highlighted in today's performance clear for all to see, I sorry if you can't see this.
One word...

Erik Lamela.

You know how to kill a mood don't you.
Not all bad. Coffee, bantz and a view
BSmCeRw.jpg

Thoroughly and utterly disgusted with this CL campaign. Both the players and Poch need to take a long hard look at how they've approached this. It makes a complete mockery of all the effort last season (albeit that perhaps the way we dropped off after the Chelsea game gave an indication of the character of the squad).

Wanyama is an A+.
Jury is out on N'Koudou. Jury also out on Janssen, but hope is starting to fade.
Sissoko ... let's just sell and never speak of him again.
Yeah, I'll give you Wanyama he's been a good signing but we haven't added any real quality, we haven't improved our squad. We've chosen to spend 40m on two unproven players in Sissoko and N'koudou when we could've put that money towards players like Mane. It's absolutely crazy what happened this summer

We have had a bad campaign and a bad night but fuck All these moaners Pochettino has earned the right to make mistakes. He has created some of my favourite recent Spurs memories. He will learn from this.

Can't believe the difference in the way I felt when watching Spurs in the league last season to the way I have when watching the CL this season. Obviously the unconditional love is still there, always, but it feels like a different team.

Back
Top Bottom