Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If any of you seriously believed we had the squad depth and experience for a CL and league challenge you must be kidding yourselves. Did anyone think wanyama janssen sissoko and nkoudo would be enough to bolster a young inexperienced squad that was not good enough for the EL. We faltered in the league missing 2 players. Dele is a kid with one season under his belt, yet we seem to think he's the finished article. We have to rotate, simple as. We cannot compete on both fronts. We have to keep within touching distance in the league. 5th is a must. We were not expecting CL football it's a bonus. However it's a major time in our existence and we need to be there thereabouts in the league with little outlay/ wage bill. It's a project. Hopefully the kids like Kane, dele, winks, dier etc learn and grow.

Was this not a gutless abject thrashing?

Even in those periods there was games where we won. 1 win in 2 months-3 months now, that's far less than the AVB/Sherwood era.

We'd get smashed 5-1 by Liverpool, sure, but at least there'd be a win dotted around there.

Far fewer.

:pochserious2:

Not that I'm on your case.

Fucking dreadful bit I wasn't surprised. Especially after seeing the line up.
3/4 of our first choice back 4 were out. No wonder we looked totally and utterly disorganized at the back.

I love poch, but I still think he's trying to work out how to juggle multiple competitions. Apart from the league cup run where we mostly played shite until the final, his record is not particularly great. I honestly done know why.

And he needs to find a way to be able to play his strongest 11 2-3 times in a week. We are not good enough to be resting our best players In a competition like this.

As for the game, that was one of the first times I've seen us physically beasted since poch arrived. They were all over dembele and on the wings they just tore through us. They were a team of absolute monsters.

That said. That cunt should have walked for stamping on Kane's arse. It was right in front of the ref too.

By the way, have we completely stopped pressing teams? What has happened to our high-pressure approach?

I imagine it only really works when everyone is in sync?

Kane, Lamela, Eriksen, Alli, Dembele and Dier was our midfield and attack when we were on top of our game. We haven't seen that ONCE this season.

Don't give me that shit.

Son was just lauded for how good he was against West Ham ffs when all he done was completed 40% of his passes, was FOULED for a penalty and hit a cross at a goalkeeper which fell to Kane.
Lets just keep it about this game. He was fouled in the box, that is it. Nothing special. He was woeful all night, as everyone else was, he was just worst of everyone, weak in tackle, couldn't hold the ball up, flicks going fucking nowhere.

Loyal ? In 29 years as a season ticket holder I've learned the price of loyalty, and it comes easier when players are not hiding, when they are not bottling 50/50 balls, when they give a shit and when they appreciate the sacrifice made to follow a football club. A professional sports man who can't show any fucking passion when it matters most is not deserving of loyalty. And I won't be going to Wembley as they don't deserve fans turning out for them. For me, having seen that Newcastle fuck up last season that and tonight tells me all I need to know about this mob. They don't deserve any of us being loyal. They deserve our contempt. When it matters most, is that the best they can do. Ultimately failure should not be acceptable if there is no attempt made to at least fight.

Get off the fence and speak your mind ffs!

Even in those periods there was games where we won. 1 win in 2 months-3 months now, that's far less than the AVB/Sherwood era.

We'd get smashed 5-1 by Liverpool, sure, but at least there'd be a win dotted around there.
We jus beat West ham and had a decent showing against the arse you numpty

Lets just keep it about this game. He was fouled in the box, that is it. Nothing special. He was woeful all night, as everyone else was, he was just worst of everyone, weak in tackle, couldn't hold the ball up, flicks going fucking nowhere.

Thought Winks, Trippier, Rose, Dier and Wanyama were all worse than him to be fair.

no. it wasnt a gutless thrashing. we didnt fall apart when the second was scored and end up conceding 5. (and Lloris was in goal for those other games) we were poor tonight (as we have been through the champions league this year). no doubt. but a poor performance these days is a world away from a poor performance under sherwood.
If you cant see that, then the finest optician on the planet aint gonna help you.

Completely lost any ability to control, play or pass. Dreadful.

We jus beat West ham and had a decent showing against the arse you numpty

Yeah, we smashed West Ham, we played amazing didn't we? Absolutely thrashed them, we almost scored 20 goals in that game, no? So many shots on target.

Woolwich is a Derby. The rules of form and habit go out the window.

Like someone said earlier on here, we struggle with the approach, the mentality, focusing and having our heads not at the right places. It's just not this CL-campaign. It happens when it really counts. LC-final, West Ham at Boleyn last season, Newcastle away, Leicester home last season.
This is also known as the "Wenger-syndrome".

Back
Top Bottom