Monaco away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's said that the reason we splashed so much was because Poch wanted him. Otherwise how to you explain the un-Levy like value of the deal?

I think perhaps Poch is simply finding out the working the squad super hard in training is not all there is to playing at the highest level. *shrug*

I have to believe that Poch showed so much faith in him because you HAVE to as a manager- if you don't show faith in your hires, they will fail. I seriously think that Poch said it even though he didn't believe it.

I also think that we must not be paying full salary for Sissoko. Maybe Newc accepted Everton's terms, but Sissoko sounds like he never did, and never intended to. I think Levy probably swooped in, canceled some mutual debts between clubs, got them to pay 1/3 to 1/2 of the wages, and that was that.

Getting fouled is not "good" mate. I've conceded his thru-ball to Son. That is still a fucking woeful performance, worst player amongst other terrible performances.
But it wasnt just getting fouled was it as it was a really nice bit of skill he did. Anyway if you think Alli was worse than any of our back 4 you're smoking some highly potent skunk.

Against Chelski we can not play Dier and Wimmer as a defensive pairing if we play 2 cbs as they will eat them alive. We have 2 options:

1) if we Stick with a back 4 we play Vertonghen with Dier and just stick Trippier at Lb.

Or my preferred option

2) go 3 at the back with the Vertonghen, Wimmer and Dier and maybe try Nkodou or even Trippier as a left wing back.

I think we have to go to a back 3. Hazard and Costa are on form and will shred a back two relying on Trippier out wide on either side. Having Jan will definitely help, however. Neither Wimmer nor Dier are ready to lead the back 4 sadly.

I think we have realised we don't have the squad to compete in the league and CL, specially with injuries we have incurred.... still we will learn from this, the squad has the best potential I have ever known at spurs, these results hurt but to be honest I didn't want to win the CL playing at Wembley.... much rather win it at our new stadium!!!
:levylol:

Chelsea game has to be (And only the Chelsea game)

Lloris
Dier-Wimmer-Jan
Walker-Dembele-Alli-Wanyama-Rose
Lamela-Kane

If they're fit.

Son, Eriksen and Janssen can get fucked. Tired of them.

Edit: Rose suspended.

Wouldn't surprise me if Poch thinks we're so low energy that there's no point so has abandoned that altogether.

He was sat on the pitch and he just looked disappointed and fed up. He wasn't standing. He didn't look angry. He looked beaten and like he was use to it.

At Southampton and here he just depended on 11-13 players. Give him any more and his mind explodes with 10 formations and 50 different line ups.

Solid analysis. A+. TV-worthy.

compete in the league and CL

No one expects us to compete in either lol.

Do you think anyone expects us to win the league or the CL?

All fans want to see is a good performance.

We managed to compete in the EL and League last year, with a smaller squad too. Yet this year we can't?

If the issue was rotation we'd largely look as good as last year. Yet we look a shadow of ourselves. So clearly rotation isn't the issue.

Like someone said earlier on here, we struggle with the approach, the mentality, focusing and having our heads not at the right places. It's just not this CL-campaign. It happens when it really counts. LC-final, West Ham at Boleyn last season, Newcastle away, Leicester home last season.
This is also known as the "Wenger-syndrome".
It's called inexperience. Our usual back 5 has the most experience. Walker is our most experienced longest serving player. Dele, Dier, trip pier, winks, Onomah, janssen, son, wimmer hardly any considerable PL experience. Son has the most league football experience.

Finding the inexperience excuse hard to accept when you have players like Lloris, Dembele, Eriksen, Son and even Kane at this point.

Dele, fine. Winks, fine. Janssen, fine.

But the others, I think people are exaggerating their supposed lack of experience.

Rose is suspended.

Walker should start at LB. Trippier should start out right since it will be more comfortable for him.
I'd move any of our defensively minded CM's to LB if we could, but none of them have anything resembling a useful left foot and Dembele HAS to start at CM in such a big game.

We can maybe nick it 1-0, but, it's more likely to be 1-1 draw or a 2-1 loss.
I'd like nothing more than for us to smash those shameful assholes to bits though after last season's kick fest.
I fucking HATE chelsea.

Ahhhh... but THAT'S the crux...
this is EXACTLY the moment we SHOULD show our support.... and LOYALTY!

Not desert them like rats on a sinking ship...
Which is what I suspect you're alluding to!

I'll be at the DEAD RUBBER at Wembley... 'cos I'm a fan... and 'cos it may well also be the last CL game we have for a while...

Still, see you at the new ground... when everything will be shiny new and peachy!
Good for you mate. You have to do what you have to do to get through the pain. We all feel it the same but, we all express it in different ways. I wish I could be as measured as I used to be.

Certainly nothing wrong with going along to cheer them on. My choice not to do that. Not trying to suggest anyone joins me in my sulk.

However, suggesting that I am some fair weather happy clapper who will forgive everything when things are shiny is missing the point somewhat, I'd take any situation as long as I see passion, sprit and bottle. When that's missing, well frankly that's when I don't want to know.

Walker should start at LB.

raw

Back
Top Bottom