Mikey Moore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s clearly a talent but he’s 15? What the fuck has he got his own thread for? He’s a child.

Why not just discuss him in the youth thread?

People on here will be expecting the kid to be the next Messi with hype like this.
I think most would be excited that we have such a young talent. If we can't look forward to seeing "one of our own" potentially develop into a talent, then what is the point really?

Only the impulsive types will be expectant, the majority will be hopeful that we do have a top talent who actually wants to be here and make a name for himself like Kane has done.

I think most would be excited that we have such a young talent. If we can't look forward to seeing "one of our own" potentially develop into a talent, then what is the point really?

Only the impulsive types will be expectant, the majority will be hopeful that we do have a top talent who actually wants to be here and make a name for himself like Kane has done.
Fair enough, we all wish him the best. But his own thread at 15 seems a bit over the top.

Fair enough, we all wish him the best. But his own thread at 15 seems a bit over the top.
Yeah, maybe.

But we've had very little to get excited about over the last few years, so it's understandable.

When he has the likes of Chelsea offering big money, and other big clubs showing an interest, it's no surprise that he's popular, in light of the fact that he's effectively said thanks, but no thanks.

It gives one hope that the boy has an old head on his shoulders, along with a support group giving him better advice than "take the money!"

Chelsea were tapping him up for months. I was fearful he might go there, but really glad he's committed to us.

Winning the U17, and U18 would have played a big part in that decision. Don't underestimate that.

Chelsea were tapping him up for months. I was fearful he might go there, but really glad he's committed to us.

Winning the U17, and U18 would have played a big part in that decision. Don't underestimate that.

Agree, but its not just winning u17 PL Cup and u18 PL cup, but also being accepted as a 15 year old playing with the likes of 18 year old Jamie Donley, a top prospect himself, but also other older talented players such as Alfie Dorrington, captain Luca Gunter et al. It looked very much as if that team/squad really gelled, so it was playing with his mates..

It also won't have gone un-noticed that he played in most of the u19 UEFA Youth League games, again as a 15 year old, plus at the end of the season had 2 sub appearances in Spurs u21's - both great examples to him of being given chances despite his age.

I think Spurs will have been able to show him that the experience he received this last season is as good or better than at any other club. Its also probably good for him to continue to play with a group who seem to be his mates, even though they are all older. Plus his close mate since age of 8/9 Callum Olusesi was also signed a couple of weeks ago.

But I agree it must have been close - even though Spurs reviewed (upwards) wages paid to academy kids this year, I'm sure Chelsea would have offered .a fortune.

And I'm sure they will be back when he's aged 17 ........ by which time I hope he's been on on one or two pre-seasons with Spurs first team and made a few first team appearances if he continues to develop. No pressure then !

The fact of the matter is that academy retention/recruitment is really competitive these days. Especially for the big London clubs because talented players in these clubs struggle to get minutes while catching the eye of the likes of Dortmund and PSV.

So we have to step up financially unless we want our academy to atrophy even more.

Back
Top Bottom