Mighty Spurs v Naaridge City 26/12/15 - 15-00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With two in forty eight hours I hope to see some rotation. Not as radical as Monaco but running the same team out in both games would be disastrous against a confident and in form Watford. Putting aside the second game I would like to see Son or Chadli for Eriksen because he's been really ineffective.

With two in forty eight hours I hope to see some rotation. Not as radical as Monaco but running the same team out in both games would be disastrous against a confident and in form Watford. Putting aside the second game I would like to see Son or Chadli for Eriksen because he's been really ineffective.
The Spurs team is built for games in short periods. With Europa League, FA Cup and Premier League games constantly coming round the team know how to handle it. It'll be more interesting to see whether Watford can keep up with the pace by having to play a Spurs team which runs opposition teams in the ground, after they have played a ressurgent Chelsea side.

The Spurs team is built for games in short periods. With Europa League, FA Cup and Premier League games constantly coming round the team know how to handle it. It'll be more interesting to see whether Watford can keep up with the pace by having to play a Spurs team which runs opposition teams in the ground, after they have played a ressurgent Chelsea side.

Great point, hadn't thought of it that way. They looked very good at times against Liverpool but also their first two goals came from defensive lapses and mistakes. Our back 5 is stronger than the Scousers and I'd hope that through Dier, Verts and Toby they'll have enough between them to not allow Deeney to bully us at the back or get caught in behind by Ighalo.

I've also forgotten this is the Norwich thread so my apologies :chadliblow:

Momentum will be key. If we absolutely smash Norwich in the same vein as West Ham then rotation won't be too crucial. We absolutely CRUISED that game and after a result and performance like that as a player you will want to play again and again.

If the game is like the Newcastle one or a game where we struggle, find it tough and end up scraping a 1-0 win, then rotation may be useful, keep the players on their toes. We still have the likes of Bentaleb, Son, Chadli, Wimmer etc on the bench who I'm happy to come in and do a job.

Well Watford play against Chelsea before us so they'll have a harder game than us.

We seem to struggle against these fuckers. I cant see them being too adventerous, we struggle breaking these teams down because we dont play with any width, and we play all infront of these type of teams. 1_1......but i think we will win on boxing day

Ok I feel I was partially responsible for this diversion into Watford so allow me to bring it back to Norwich. I think that Son and Lamela play well off of each other and Eriksen hasn't really been doing his thing too well so I would like to see Son Alli and Lamela in some arrangement behind Harry and in front of Dier and Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom