Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he already more important than Romero?

Both important in different ways.

Romero is much much better on the ball. Reason why we're elite on the ball in our own half. You can't press Romero because he'll find the smallest gap and break the line with a pass, hence why he dictates and "slows it down"

Van de Ven is a recovery centre back. And tbh he's probably the best in the world at doing so because of his pace and physique. Not bad with the ball at his feet either, but he's much much safer

Compliment eachother very well.

It's funny how things become recieved wisdom. I saw what you did. And if the Dutch national team think keeping Danny fucking Blind or Nathan Ake in a side as opposed to switching to a four and having the two best centerbacks on the planet in a four their stupidity deserves to be punished.

I think this idea of VDV not passing in our build up all came from a tactico tweet. Then suddenly that's an established fact...

Why doesn’t he like the right?

Wonder what happens when the dippers look to flip Van Dijk this summer?
I assume it’s ball carrying/passing angles. Many right footed CBs prefer the left, Nesta, Chiellini, Ledders, J*hn T*erry.

Doubt VVD gets sold. He’s in slight decline but no other Liverpool defender has stepped up to take his crown and he is the captain club and country. Still a brilliant defender and I find a lot of the nitpicking at him to be sheer copium.

I assume it’s ball carrying/passing angles. Many right footed CBs prefer the left, Nesta, Chiellini, Ledders, J*hn T*erry.

Doubt VVD gets sold. He’s in slight decline but no other Liverpool defender has stepped up to take his crown and he is the captain club and country. Still a brilliant defender and I find a lot of the nitpicking at him to be sheer copium.
He's a good player. No doubt but he's experienced enough to play RCB for his country. The coach needs to man up.

I think his contract is up this year or next so last chance to sell

Both important in different ways.

Romero is much much better on the ball. Reason why we're elite on the ball in our own half. You can't press Romero because he'll find the smallest gap and break the line with a pass, hence why he dictates and "slows it down"

Van de Ven is a recovery centre back. And tbh he's probably the best in the world at doing so because of his pace and physique. Not bad with the ball at his feet either, but he's much much safer

Compliment eachother very well.
This ! They remind me of Rio and vidic in the way they compliment each other.. romero is the 'stopper' like Vidic stepping out to dispossess his opponent. Meanwhile VdV is like Rio covering in behind. The compliment each other. Will be our centre back pairing for at least the next 6-8 seasons.

This ! They remind me of Rio and vidic in the way they compliment each other.. romero is the 'stopper' like Vidic stepping out to dispossess his opponent. Meanwhile VdV is like Rio covering in behind. The compliment each other. Will be our centre back pairing for at least the next 6-8 seasons.
:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom