Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked like the player I figured we'd get when he first signed. Talented but raw as fuck and not quite ready for this league

Been exceptional though, so we can just forget this one. And he'll improve upon himself further

He was beyond shit (like the worst I’ve seen one of our centre backs play in a long while) but it was one game. You sort of just accept it for that and back him to turn it round next time.

He was beyond shit (like the worst I’ve seen one of our centre backs play in a long while) but it was one game. You sort of just accept it for that and back him to turn it round next time.

I'm not saying he's shit but I have voiced doubts about his actual box defending previously. He looks great doing his Usian Bolt thing and sliding in for a desperate save, but great defenders generally don't fly by the seat of their pants. VVD was quick, but you rarely saw him flying about. Same King for that matter.

I'd rather a quick iffy defender than a slow iffy defender, but I'm really not convinced by some of his reading and reacting stuff.

Last edited:
Has had an absolute fucking mare. Ice skating for one, fuck arsing about for the second and ball watching for the third.

A new 6 will definitely solve shit like this.
But not Romero? He was constantly standing still or flying into one. Slipping is not vdv fault. He should not be allowing to stand goal side in his own half but where the hell is everyone else

I'm not saying he's shit but I have voiced doubts about his actual box defending previously. He looks great doing his Usian Bolt thing and sliding in for a desperate save, but great defenders generally don't fly by the seat of their pants. VVD was quick, but you rarely saw him flying about. Same King for that matter.

I'd rather a quick iffy defender than a slow iffy defender, but I'm really not convinced by some of his reading and reacting stuff.
I'd argue that his still at an age where he's developing his game. He seems like a pretty smart lad who hopefully learns from these mistakes.

I'd argue that his still at an age where he's developing his game. He seems like a pretty smart lad who hopefully learns from these mistakes.
He's 22 years old, so he's most definitely still developing. Probably hit his peak in a few years time.

Clearly has the pace and frame to go toe-to-toe with any player. Needs to develop his positioning and anticipation, and not go to ground as much.

View: https://x.com/dominos_uk/status/1779126419928346817?s=61&t=uETTmoovTpdmNn4PhyoGBQ

Domino’s gooner twitter admin up to antics again. Just as well I never order their wretched attempt at pizza.

>Has acclimatised to the Premier League immediately
>Recorded the fastest ever PL speed, as a centre back
>Scored a worldie last week to win the game
>Universally praised by football pundits who usually have a dig at us when they can
>Even rival teams are kicking themselves that we managed to sign him
>Is also relentlessly handsome

But no, Domino's social media admin, you fill your boots with a 22 year old having an off day (alongside the entire team).

It does put a smile on my face that one day later you know whichever virgin posted that is absolutely seething. God bless you, Ollie Watkins.

View: https://x.com/dominos_uk/status/1779126419928346817?s=61&t=uETTmoovTpdmNn4PhyoGBQ

Domino’s gooner twitter admin up to antics again. Just as well I never order their wretched attempt at pizza.

I'm proud to say that I've never had a Domino's pizza, and don't ever intend to.
What are their PR department thinking ?
It doesn't even really make sense... Let alone be funny!!

...now if 'Crocs' had've posted a tweet thanking Mickey for promoting their latest brand of rubber slip-on footwear at St James's Park yesterday, THAT might've made me chuckle!

I can sort of forgive the slips, fuck knows what was up, , players were slipping all over the place.

But the third goal was shambolic defending from him.

Saying that, if we could actually keep the ball in the final third, the goals never happen. Live and learn.

I can sort of forgive the slips, fuck knows what was up, , players were slipping all over the place.

But the third goal was shambolic defending from him.

Saying that, if we could actually keep the ball in the final third, the goals never happen. Live and learn.
ALL I mean ALL young centerbacks have these games even the best I've seen for Spurs Ledly King had them. It's the learning curve. He needs to get better at a few things reading the flight of the ball, marking, heading and general positional stuff. But I new that last week and he will.

Back
Top Bottom