Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dutch normally play a back 3 with Ake on the left and Virgil in the middle.

To be fair I’m not sure I want to see Micky on the right in Possession.

He’s unlucky to behind Virgil (Rodgers waiting for Farve type beat) but that won’t last forever…

De Ligt does deserve to lose his place but his competition is De Vrij.

So they are dumb enough not to partner him with Van Dijk

Micky is far superior to Ake
As an overall player you can argue that, but outside of Bastoni, I struggle to think of a better player for that LCB role than Ake. VDV still needs to improve his distribution; it’s functional, but West Ham exposed his weaknesses because they closed off Romero’s options and left it to him. In that area, Ake and Blind have him beat.

He’s a diamond, but he still needs polishing and it’s ok to admit that.

As an overall player you can argue that, but outside of Bastoni, I struggle to think of a better player for that LCB role than Ake. VDV still needs to improve his distribution; it’s functional, but West Ham exposed his weaknesses because they closed off Romero’s options and left it to him. In that area, Ake and Blind have him beat.

He’s a diamond, but he still needs polishing and it’s ok to admit that.
They did? West Ham I mean.

I saw VDV dribble past wham players and start attack’s multiple times

Does that mean he can’t play RCB if there is a superior athlete coming through with a left foot?

He probably can but he's the best Dutch player by a significant margin, their captain and they have good centre backs.

As good as VDV is they're not going to disrupt things just for him. I'm sure he will earn his spot in time.

He probably can but he's the best Dutch player by a significant margin, their captain and they have good centre backs.

As good as VDV is they're not going to disrupt things just for him. I'm sure he will earn his spot in time.
Yeah most likely the case but VDV is already their second best defender. The combo of Van Dijk heading and tackling everyone with VDV mopping up behind… they could defend with a back 2

I bet he starts. VVD can easily shift to the right, two world class CB’s that would moonwalk into Southgate’s shitshow

Rolls Royce.

Oh what could have been. Removing Villa and Chelsea due to injuries, our PPG with him in the line up is 2.27 this season. Would have put us on 71 points for the season so far... Top.

Without him?

1.45 PPG

Which is STILL better than Chelsea. 😂

Is he already more important than Romero?
we will find out when drag has to step in for romero and partner VDV. he looks like the most important player in the team right now due to his ability to get back from the halfway line so quick. lets see what it looks like when radu steps in and we lose romeros qualities.

Back
Top Bottom