Micky van de Ven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic today. I called him MOTM in the OMT.
It's one thing to have speed but he has anticipation, tenacity and skill to add to his great passing ability.
He might make EPL team of the year.

One of the best 90mins from a central defender I can remember seeing. Unbelievable physical tools and reads the game in terms of his positioning very well too.

You expect him to win every duel and every loose ball in the defensive half, which is so so valuable in this side. We could basically just have him at the back on his own for 90% of the game because he is so dominant there. Unreal.
Agree

U missed his passing. It’s simple, not risky but so well paced. He’s a superb, simple passer - crisp and accurate

If we can keep him here long term it would be a miracle

I imagine the big clubs are going to poach him from us in the next couple years

This kid is unreal and our best player by a mile
That's my fear too. However, he appears to be quite sensible and down-to-earth and hopefully if Ange is allowed to build a successful team, maybe he, Destiny, Pape, Vic etc will be happy to stay, at least for the foreseeable.

He’s on another level from any other defender I’ve watched this season in any country. That’s how good this guy is. His all round game is flawless and just gives that feeling that when we are in trouble he’ll get us out of it. The two things that I loved about yesterday was how sharp and quick he passes the ball and when he needs to clear the ball he’s doesn’t always try to be clever and just takes everything and smashes it into the stand.
He will become one of our greatest defenders ever in the coming years.

Back
Top Bottom