Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very odd signing to be honest, he's a good 'keeper but I don't understand why we don't just have Lloris playing every game (come on, how tiring is it being a GK?). If he gets injured, Friedel is capable or utilise the emergency loan option.

What usually happens is goalkeeper 1 is solid then a team buys goalkeeper 2 who is even better which upsets goalkeeper 1, on this occasion Vorm is fully aware Lloris is the don so will expect not to start games, after a bad season he will probably look to rediscover his form playing our cup games and as already been said if he proves his worth he gets number 1 jersey when Lloris goes next summer so it's a nice trial bedding in period
I think this is definitely a case of Vorm being fully aware that he will be a cup keeper but will enjoy a very tasty wage boost. I don't buy into the Lloris leaving next summer thing but it is comforting knowing that we would have an excellent replacement on the books.

Very odd signing to be honest, he's a good 'keeper but I don't understand why we don't just have Lloris playing every game (come on, how tiring is it being a GK?). If he gets injured, Friedel is capable or utilise the emergency loan option.
I think it would be folly to rely on Friedel if Lloris gets injured. We'd look unprofessional at best.

I think this is definitely a case of Vorm being fully aware that he will be a cup keeper but will enjoy a very tasty wage boost. I don't buy into the Lloris leaving next summer thing but it is comforting knowing that we would have an excellent replacement on the books.

Would love Hugo to stay but another year as good as last year and sadly he may be off, Levy has given him the. "Spurs/Madrid" contract just in case, 5 years, you play for us for one, then Madrid pays for four

Glad he is staying though this year

Would love Hugo to stay but another year as good as last year and sadly he may be off, Levy has given him the. "Spurs/Madrid" contract just in case, 5 years, you play for us for one, then Madrid pays for four

Glad he is staying though this year
Yeah I do have fears that may happen. But if we have a good season, I think he might just stay a little while longer.

I don't think I could live anymore if he went to Madrid. Modric, Bale then Lloris. 3 of my favourite players. I hate Madrid.

Add to that H-hhames too
Madrid make me sick. They just throw money at whatever the flavour of the month is with no regard to their current squad. They don't need a winger - so they sign James. They don't need a midfielder - so they sign Kroos. It's a ridiculous, disgusting but enviable position to be in.

A purchase to ensure that we'll win all of the cup finals we get to, should they end up going to pens.

Is he supposed to be good at penalties or summit then?

Tbh I do recall something along those lines from season b4 last but then Van Gaal put Krul on as the Dutch GK super-sub not Vorm.

Happy with this signing as he much more a ready made replacement if anything happens to Hugo as he's comfortable with the ball ⚽

I dont understand why people think this is an odd signing? Considering a couple of seasons ago we had 5 keepers, now we've got three, and one of those is 43 or so, and the other is about 21. Very good signing in my opinion, shows some intent for cup competitions.
Also whoever said why can't Lloris play every game, try playing sunday, flying to fucking Moldova Tuesday, playing Thursday, flying back friday, and then playing again sunday.

Turn it in mate. I know its hot out at the moment but theres no need to melt like that.

Not melting down at all. I think he'll be a super backup. Don't have to worry about Friedel anymore. Just having a hard time grasping why Vorm wants to take a backup job. He could easily get a starting job at a good club.

Not melting down at all. I think he'll be a super backup. Don't have to worry about Friedel anymore. Just having a hard time grasping why Vorm wants to take a backup job. He could easily get a starting job at a good club.
Like where?

He's not gonna get anywhere near the chelsea or City starting elevens, United aren't in Europe so they don't really need much backup to De Gea, Liverpool have got Jones Reina and mignolet on the books, Everton can't afford to have someone like Vorm sitting on the bench all the time... That leaves us and the goons, who both need decent second choice keepers. And he picked us over them, or staying at Swansea, who i imagine turned down his request for a raise in wages or something, hence have signed flappihandski.

Now he gets to come and train with and play at one of the best teams in the country and in europe, and we now have perhaps the 3rd best keeper combination in the league, after liverpool and City. Its win win all round in my opinion.

This also completely ignores that you started off by saying it means Hugo is leaving next summer, which is ridiculous, why would we sign a keeper from Swansea now, to replace one of the best keepers in the world thats leaving next season? Makes no sense buddy. Engage your brain son.

Like where?

Now he gets to come and train with and play at one of the best teams in the country and in europe, and we now have perhaps the 3rd best keeper combination in the league, after liverpool and City. Its win win all round in my opinion.

two of those keepers are Brad Jones and Mr Simon " so average and bland he is the media image of Belgium personified" Mignolet. Brad Friedel and Brad Friedel's Dad are a better Keeper combination than that pair

Back
Top Bottom