Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is everyone treating this news as an excuse to freak out about Hugo? He just re-signed a long-term deal.
And even if it's likely that he does leave next year if we don't make the CL, that's no different a situation to the one we've been in for the past decade. Make the top four, or risk losing our best players.

Signing Michel Vorm doesn't affect that constant in the slightest.

Good luck Vorm!

r

Always loved you for this.

All the best.

I dont understand why people think this is an odd signing? Considering a couple of seasons ago we had 5 keepers, now we've got three, and one of those is 43 or so, and the other is about 21. Very good signing in my opinion, shows some intent for cup competitions.
Also whoever said why can't Lloris play every game, try playing sunday, flying to fucking Moldova Tuesday, playing Thursday, flying back friday, and then playing again sunday.

This has to win a prize as the shittiest football youtube ever...watch a goalkeeper take a few goal kicks, have to rely on his defenders for a couple of goal line clearances and as a bonus get to see him being carried off on a stretcher...

Surely this a buy to replace Friedel as number 2. Not too sure how happy Vorm will be to sit on the bench but it's comforting knowing that we have two excellent keepers.
I would have imagined Brad taking up a coaching role sooner rather than later - certainly don't want him anywhere near competitive games, with all due respect

Last edited:
If Vorm's happy to be number 2 i'm sure we'll be giving him starts in the Europa League and possibly cup games, and more than likely he'll be on the same if not more money than he is at Swansea at the moment.

Decent signing if/when it happens. I'd much rather have an experienced number 2 with a few years left in him, having a younger 2nd choice keeper doesn't really work as they understandably want to play as many games as possible.

He still got the 9 when he first went though, as Raul had dibs on the 7.

Not sure how I feel about the Vorm deal; he is clearly a great keeper, but we already have an outstanding one. He has similar attributes to Loris, so I suppose you have the continuity in cup/euro matches with the shape, if Hugo plays just PL games.

That's assuming Hugo stays now, I wonder if he knew about this when signing his new five year deal. I suppose it means we have a back up plan if we fail to get CL next year, rather than getting Brad to do another one year...

Have you even bothered to read this thread...

Why can we have like 37 great midfielders and no one bats an eyelid, but the minute we sign a decent premiership level keeper as backup everyone starts having a meltdown.

Let me spell it out for you folks that apparently don't know shit about football.

VORM ISNT REPLACING LLORIS, HE'S REPLACING FRIEDEL.

VORM WILL ALMOST UNDOUBTEDLY PLAY IN OUR CUP GAMES. HE'LL PROBABLY ONLY PLAY IN THE LEAGUE IF LLORIS GETS INJURED.

I wanted "full strength" before today......I think today shows whatever we put out can be full strength though.
Excellent from Vorm....really stopped the game from becoming a nightmare with that double save at the strt of the second half

Very odd signing to be honest, he's a good 'keeper but I don't understand why we don't just have Lloris playing every game (come on, how tiring is it being a GK?). If he gets injured, Friedel is capable or utilise the emergency loan option.
I think it would be folly to rely on Friedel if Lloris gets injured. We'd look unprofessional at best.

In real terms replacing a keeper like Lloris with Friedel is a bit like replacing Obefemi Martins with Jan Koller (PES 4 enthusiast) it's a ridiculous thought that we would have to change our entire system dependant on who we have in goal. Vorm is an fantastic back up, great signing, could prove to be brilliant if Lloris gets injured or stolen by Madristas.

Well I'd say it's also some insurance for Levy to negotiate on a keeper next year if Lloris goes. Brad's contract runs out next year so we'd have no keeper, means any team we try to buy a keeper from will try to rip us off. Having an already established keeper in the ranks would help massively on that front (at least I assume).

Back
Top Bottom