Michel Vorm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

two of those keepers are Brad Jones and Mr Simon " so average and bland he is the media image of Belgium personified" Mignolet. Brad Friedel and Brad Friedel's Dad are a better Keeper combination than that pair
Well they finished second with him on goal, and we finished 6th with one of the best keepers in the world in goal so....

Well they finished second with him on goal, and we finished 6th with one of the best keepers in the world in goal so....
dont matter. they finished second despite being almost as shitty at the back as us (in our case, our piss poor defensive record being mainly due to our ability to let the top 4 gub us every time we played them). In their case, it was all round consistent shitty defending spread over a season.
If lloris had been in goal for the dippers, they would have won the league.
If Reina had been in goal for the dippers, they would have won the league, imo.

dont matter. they finished second despite being almost as shitty at the back as us (in our case, our piss poor defensive record being mainly due to our ability to let the top 4 gub us every time we played them). In their case, it was all round consistent shitty defending spread over a season.
If lloris had been in goal for the dippers, they would have won the league.
If Reina had been in goal for the dippers, they would have won the league, imo.
Possibly. Maybe not that straightforward though, i don't remember goalkeeping errors being particularly to blame for them losing points off the top of of my head. However, they scored 1 goal less than city, but conceded 13 more, and conceded the second highest amount of goals in the top 8 behind... well us of course. So its definitely true they could do with keeping it tighter at the back... how much of that was Mignolets fault though, considering their defence was bang average is debatable. They had a league champions attack and a relegation battlers defence.

Possibly. Maybe not that straightforward though, i don't remember goalkeeping errors being particularly to blame for them losing points off the top of of my head. However, they scored 1 goal less than city, but conceded 13 more, and conceded the second highest amount of goals in the top 8 behind... well us of course. So its definitely true they could do with keeping it tighter at the back... how much of that was Mignolets fault though, considering their defence was bang average is debatable. They had a league champions attack and a relegation battlers defence.
isn't there a clip on TV now for BT Sports showing Mignolet flapping around letting a soft goal in vs City?

In real terms replacing a keeper like Lloris with Friedel is a bit like replacing Obefemi Martins with Jan Koller (PES 4 enthusiast) it's a ridiculous thought that we would have to change our entire system dependant on who we have in goal. Vorm is an fantastic back up, great signing, could prove to be brilliant if Lloris gets injured or stolen by Madristas.

Is he supposed to be good at penalties or summit then?

Tbh I do recall something along those lines from season b4 last but then Van Gaal put Krul on as the Dutch GK super-sub not Vorm.

His Wiki page reads...
Wiki said:
...He is renowned for his remarkable penalty saving abilities, earning him the nickname 'penalty killer'.

Mind you, the full quote says this...
Wiki said:
Michel Armand Vorm is a Dutch football goalkeeper, currently playing for Tottenham Hotspur. He is renowned for his remarkable penalty saving abilities, earning him the nickname 'penalty killer'.

...so make of that what you will.

2 or 3 years ago in fantasy football Vorm and Krul were two great value keepers in it (for what its worth!!), he just needs a freshen up I think, training with hugo and our team may be enough to get him back on song, I like him, Van Gaal doesnt call up muppets thats for sure

Swansea fan consensus seems to be Vorm was great two years ago but pretty shit last year especially towards the end. Look at the decisive goals he conceded against Chelsea and especially Southampton -- embarrassing stuff.

Hopefully it was just post-injury shakiness mixed with any eye on the World Cup.

If he is cool riding the bench for most of the season, its a very nice pickup imo. I dont think keepers need rest anyways but it will be nice to have a more reliable keeper in cup games.

This has to win a prize as the shittiest football youtube ever...watch a goalkeeper take a few goal kicks, have to rely on his defenders for a couple of goal line clearances and as a bonus get to see him being carried off on a stretcher...

Back
Top Bottom